ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 1009517

I've mostly been writing and coding this week, and good progress has been made.

Story-wise I added ~25% more code, and I also coded and rendered one particular mini-game and worked on phone chats.

The animations that I posed last week, plus a few from this week, are almost completed, bringing that total finished count to 189 animations in a few days.

2150 static renders are completed, but I haven't been posing a lot of them lately. The progress here will pick up when I start focusing on art again.

Next week I will continue to write and code and most likely pose one of the remaining two lewd scenes. If I need a break from that, I will pose more static renders.

Two days are remaining in the special poll for +$30 patrons, where they vote on an extra 2D wallpaper for Episode 7. It's the closest poll in a long time. At the time of writing, Josy and Isabella are tied for first place with two days remaining.

For the 10k patrons wallpaper series, I figured that I'll release the wallpaper today instead of tomorrow, so now it's Envy's turn to shine. Enjoy!
View attachment 1009515
View attachment 1009516

A new month is around the corner. You can expect the wallpaper series to continue throughout February with two wallpapers per week. We will kick off February with a preview from the story and a cosmetic poll for one main girl.

Since it's been a year since the previous Q&A post, and the Patreon community has grown a lot bigger since I will soon publish a post where you can submit any questions you may have related to my games and the game development.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

I've been writing this week and spent a few days working on a lewd scene (writing and posing static renders and animations).

I have approximately 10-15 animations left to pose for that scene. 209 animations have been posed in total, out of which 198 are fully rendered. So far, 25620 animation frames have been rendered for episode 7.

I spent some time playtesting the episode as well, and it is shaping up in some areas while feeling incomplete in others. As it stands right now, the written content for the episode is marginally shorter than for episode 6, but I have ~15-20 scenes left to write.

I have speculated before that episode 7 will be bigger than episode 6 and now I can say for sure that it's true. How much bigger and if the end of writing the script is in sight are the real questions, and I don't know the answer yet. All I know is that the episode will include a good deal of content regardless of how you play the game.

Poll News
In poll news, there was a $30 poll for an extra wallpaper that ended in a tie between Josy and Isabella. It's the first time that a poll has ended in a tie, and I have never thought of what would be a tiebreaker. Since it would feel disrespectful to patrons who voted to call only one of them the winner, I've decided to order one extra wallpaper of both Josy and Isabella for episode 7.

There's currently a poll for $10+ patrons to choose what Maya wears in episode 7. You can participate .

10,000 Patrons reward
I'm changing the weekly days for the wallpaper reward and will include the wallpaper with my Status update instead of on Saturdays.

So, it will be Wednesdays and Friday until I run out of wallpapers from now on.

Today's wallpaper is for Josy. Enjoy!

View attachment 1021611
View attachment 1021612

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well, DPC completed 20 animations this week, inching his average up to 16.1 animations rendered per week. There's not much else to go on; my hopes for static render counts two weeks in a row were always far-fetched. As this was another above average animation week, my guess is static renders would be around 100 for whatever that's worth.

We also get a new metric, total animation frames. Does anyone know if animations play at a consistent frame rate? If so, we could at least compare this to his total animation duration stat from a couple weeks ago. At any rate, here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DPC estimated 200-230 animations two weeks ago. Currently he has 209 completed and 10-15 more to pose for a single scene (no word on a queue though). Unless that scene is the last to animate, he seems likely to go over that limit. My understanding is that DPC plans out scenes before he actually "writes" them, so the remaining scenes he mentioned may have already been animated. But given DPC still seems uncertain about how much is left to do, I suspect he'll add some more animations beyond the ones he mentioned. At the very least we should err on the high side of that estimate.

It still feels like statics are going to be the bottleneck. DPC already blew Episode 6's animation total out of the water, so his comment about how big Episode 7 will be is almost certainly in reference to statics. Since I'm desperate for something to analyze here, I tried comparing the ratio of statics to animations for past episodes: it's about 21:1. (Interestingly, it started at 25.5:1, dropped to 15.6: 1 by Episode 5, then shot back up to 20.6:1 for Episode 6.) Based on that metric and assuming 230 animations, that would correspond to ~4830 statics. If DPC keeps his current static render pace until animations are done then kicks it up to 300+, he'd reach that mark around mid April.

But that's just a shot in the dark. At the moment, I think the only thing we can say for certain is that a March release is now off the table. Beyond that, we need to get some idea of either how many statics DPC wants for Episode 7 or how fast DPC will crank them out once he's cleared the decks of everything else (and preferably ideas of both, of course).

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I do not know what you are looking for with this comment, maybe you are looking for likes or reactions
Just because I disagree with smth doesn't mean i'm looking for likes and reactions cuz 1. I barely post on here or anywhere on the site 2. I couldn't give two shits about it cuz what's the point of the reactions and likes?.

I really disliked the fact that we got them in a pair instead of letting us choose what we want, if we either want to break up or be with both of them or just one.

I'm pretty sure just like a lot of fans liked that they came in a pair also a lot of fans hated the other LI cuz now they have both of them instead of just one.

To me that was a dumb decision that would later either result in a break up and MC chooses one of them or a break up from all parts like they came to be.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I could care less for Jill
Meaning you do care?
A bit OT, but I'm always amused how people don't get this right. It's "I couldn't care less", not, "I could care less". The 2nd one implies you care enough that the level of care can still go lower, whereas the 1st one says you don't care at all and thus your level of care can't go lower.

I'm pretty sure just like a lot of fans liked that they came in a pair also a lot of fans hated the other LI cuz now they have both of them instead of just one.

To me that was a dumb decision that would later either result in a break up and MC chooses one of them or a break up from all parts like they came to be.
I don't disagree entirely, but I also don't fully agree.

I like the fact that they come as a package because it's different from the norm where girls only enter this sort of relationship after having been with the MC first. To me, it's interesting to see how such a thing is navigated when it's the MC entering an established relationship and I hope that there will be a way to make it work out this time.

On the other hand, I have said in the past that there should have been no rejection of the MC by M&J and that on the DIK path he should have automatically chosen friendship in the same way he automatically turns down Cathy in Ep 5 if he's with M&J. So, on the friendship path, whether the MC is DIK, Neutral, or CHICK, all 3 would agree to just be friends for now with M&J essentially taking a break from each other as a defined couple in order for all 3 to figure out who and what they want.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
You do realise that the feet image is from her Ep 5 special render, right?

ep5_reward_maya_2.jpg

So it's a very recently made render and honestly, I don't see much wrong with it. People are so quick to point out perceived flaws with 3D character models that I think they forget these are 3D character models. :ROFLMAO:

Also, real people, including the overly photoshopped Instagram models, have physical characteristics and quirks some people might describe as "odd", so I don't see the point in dwelling on something so minor like this, especially with such an overall beautiful angel like Maya.

ep5_mj_hang43_fr0.jpg

P.S. One of these days that's going to be the MC's baseball bat between those 2 sweet pussies and it will be glorious. :love:
screenshot0080.png
Of course I know, hahaha I just wanted to show that they are only problems with the models and that DPC was probably not interested in fixing it and "hoped" that no one noticed but we know that there are foot fetishists who obviously would give an account :ROFLMAO:

I hope it happens in chapter 7 and that it is not a dream

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I find it weird that Maya lied about having a boyfriend because she didn't want guys hitting on her (she thought she was lesbian at the time), but yet she dresses like this? It's a little hypocritical to lie about her relationship when we even get +1 RP for checking her out when we first meet her. It's clear she likes the attention even from a guy hence why she enjoyed us looking at her and even wanted us to do sexual things with her and enjoyed any physical interaction with MC like when we watched the movie together. Don't get me wrong i'm not sending her any hate it's just that after everything she really fell off for me AND especially since we the players were forced to get into a relationship with HER if we wanted to date Josy. View attachment 1022386
  1. Adult game, the clothing choices are always going to reflect that.
  2. Maya was raised in a religious household and would likely have been expected to dress quite conservatively; it is hardly surprising that she would take advantage of her new found freedom.

Mr. Orange

Oct 18, 2018
Well, DPC completed 20 animations this week, inching his average up to 16.1 animations rendered per week. There's not much else to go on; my hopes for static render counts two weeks in a row were always far-fetched. As this was another above average animation week, my guess is static renders would be around 100 for whatever that's worth.

We also get a new metric, total animation frames. Does anyone know if animations play at a consistent frame rate? If so, we could at least compare this to his total animation duration stat from a couple weeks ago. At any rate, here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DPC estimated 200-230 animations two weeks ago. Currently he has 209 completed and 10-15 more to pose for a single scene (no word on a queue though). Unless that scene is the last to animate, he seems likely to go over that limit. My understanding is that DPC plans out scenes before he actually "writes" them, so the remaining scenes he mentioned may have already been animated. But given DPC still seems uncertain about how much is left to do, I suspect he'll add some more animations beyond the ones he mentioned. At the very least we should err on the high side of that estimate.

It still feels like statics are going to be the bottleneck. DPC already blew Episode 6's animation total out of the water, so his comment about how big Episode 7 will be is almost certainly in reference to statics. Since I'm desperate for something to analyze here, I tried comparing the ratio of statics to animations for past episodes: it's about 21:1. (Interestingly, it started at 25.5:1, dropped to 15.6: 1 by Episode 5, then shot back up to 20.6:1 for Episode 6.) Based on that metric and assuming 230 animations, that would correspond to ~4830 statics. If DPC keeps his current static render pace until animations are done then kicks it up to 300+, he'd reach that mark around mid April.

But that's just a shot in the dark. At the moment, I think the only thing we can say for certain is that a March release is now off the table. Beyond that, we need to get some idea of either how many statics DPC wants for Episode 7 or how fast DPC will crank them out once he's cleared the decks of everything else (and preferably ideas of both, of course).
Your analysis of Dr Pinkcakes progress keeps me going every week.
Thanks fellow DIK.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It must be a problem with the character model, many have strange faces or positions especially in the first chapters

DPC should do a remake in the first chapters and do a graphic upgrade in the future also correct those problems with the models he already has more experience now than two years ago

For example here her feet do not look like in that image you uploaded
View attachment 1022374

I upload that one because let's say it's the most recent and it's the only time where you can see her feet from the last chapter, I think and the fingers don't look like sausage
There are feet in this picture? I don't see any... :sneaky:

bjmoko

May 7, 2019
can anyone pls link all the released wallpapers... coz these wallpapers are top quality! so far i only have envy and josy, hard to find the others coz this is the most active thread here in f95.. lol
thanks in advance!

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
They just want to see tits and asses and I don't blame them all of us want but they make girls dress like sluts :KEK:
There's a youtuber named redheadedredemption and she played the first 2 episodes i think but ill never forget the first time she saw Josy coming out of her house for the date at the bench.

"Yeah, girls don't dress like that"

Reactions: RonnieBoi

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
can anyone pls link all the released wallpapers... coz these wallpapers are top quality! so far i only have envy and josy, hard to find the others coz this is the most active thread here in f95.. lol
thanks in advance!
Search for N7's posts, the 10k wallpapers.

Reactions: bjmoko
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes