dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
But that, as far as I see it, is the point.

She'll develop feelings for him but logically know that it can't last since she'll be graduating and more than likely moving away from B&R. So you'll see her continue to be his FWB, all the while swallowing her feelings and keeping up the pretense that it's just casual, even when the MC starts talking to her about other girls he's seeing. Until eventually, probably near the end of the game when he's now several months in, maybe into the 2nd semester, she'll explode like a pressure cooker and tell him she loves him but that it's stupid since she'll be leaving and he's just started.

All this will lead to the cliche "last to the airport", Can't Hardly Wait style ending where, if he chooses her, he'll go after her even though she already left and tell her that he's in love with her and doesn't want to let her go. Basically, this is what the Zoey flashback was all about; to foreshadow him not letting that happen again.

It's the difference between 'possibility' and 'probablility'. Your "possibilities" deal in extraneous details, often entirely made up details, and connect dots that aren't there, so the probability of them being true is very low especially given that the known details presented by the game are very contrary to your "possibilities".

Many of the things that you see as "suspicious" and that feed your theories of interconnectivity and conspiracy, often have very common sense answers or are entirely irrelevant elements of the game. There's such a thing as looking too deeply at this game and I'm afraid that's what you do an awful lot.
However, "probability" does not exclude "possibility" until there is indisputable evidence against the "possibility."

Since I can look at myself also self-critically, it is quite conscious to me that I concentrate sometimes too intensively on a detail and lose thereby the big whole from the eye.

But in relation to my last theory, there are some proofs, which imply several possibilities. This in turn creates a status quo with other theories that can neither be proven nor disproven. Thus there is more than only one alternative and the readers must decide themselves which alternative they would like to accept or not.

I have no problem to debate about my or other theories. However, decency and respect for each other should be maintained at all times during the debate. In a discussion, this goes without saying.

Reactions: bluehound36

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Making fresh saves, at ep4 when Maya tries talking to the MC in gender studies right. KRJ doesn't like conflict and here she is, in the middle of one by mc and that bimbo

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
The definition and my views on it were actually only meant for InfiniteIgnorance, since she suggested me to use the term hypothesis rather than for my theories.
Yes, but it was in response to your original question.

I'm beginning to wonder if the word possibilities has a different meaning in English?
The point was even the term theory has different definitions.

Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
A serious question ChipLecsap.:Kappa:
What size is your screenshot folder?
196 MB :cool:. I always delete them and makes new ones. :ROFLMAO:. some times it's pain in the ass to load a save, and fast forward to a specific scene. and I don't have access to that Josy one anymore, because, it's somehow rewrites the Gallery scene once it became 100%, and I did the Josy centric route. :unsure:

Reactions: dalli_x

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
196 MB :cool:. I always delete them and makes new ones. :ROFLMAO:. some times it's pain in the ass to load a save, and fast forward to a specific scene. and I don't have access to that Josy one anymore, because, it's somehow rewrites the Gallery scene once it became 100%, and I did the Josy centric route. :unsure:
True story. This is why all of my screenshots have different MC names. I just start from the beginning and Control key my way to the scene I am trying to screenshot.

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
What are Philly's updates like? Does he release one chapter at a time? As one chapter of Being A DIK is maybe the equivalent of 5 City Of Broken Dreamers chapters. If it's 5 months for similar length chapters to everything else in COBD then it's not worth jumping back in yet.
Based only on render counts DPC has pumped out 3.5x in the same amount of dev time.

They're not even remotely comparable imo. DPC has him beaten six ways to Sunday.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What are Philly's updates like? Does he release one chapter at a time? As one chapter of Being A DIK is maybe the equivalent of 5 City Of Broken Dreamers chapters. If it's 5 months for similar length chapters to everything else in COBD then it's not worth jumping back in yet.
Philly does chapter by chapter and they are shorter than this by at least a couple of hours. CoBD is also much more linear and kinetic.

EDIT: Was reading this IGN article and look who I found - . ;)

when this thread update sir ? cz in patreon eps.7 was realese
It'll be updated next week when Ep 7 is released.

Another Dev another project ;
View attachment 1146381
Haters gonna hate. :rolleyes:

Which episode is this from? I have 3 saves but can't recall seeing this image
Ep 6 during the M&J "threesome". She says that if you stayed with her in Ep 2.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes