Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
There's no guarantee that his next game is half as successful as this one.
That doesn't matter that's still a lot of money.
And I'm not quite sure we live on the same planet, since when as becoming a multimillionaire stopped people from wanting to earn more money.
I think you failed to see the point i was making because again if he wants to continue working he would just make another game, i was talking about if he wants to retire after finishing the game(assuming he's not stupid with his money)he wouldn't need to work another day in his life.
End of the day the bad doctor is going to release this game on his own and at his own pace. And the game is better for that.
I never disagreed with that i was just pointing out that you where making a bad argument.

Kalandryl

Oct 25, 2020
Alright, I hope this should be a more easily digestible version of the "Mansion Restoration Minigame"-guide I posted before.

It is neither the optimal nor by any means the only way to finish the restoration, but it is a way to get the job done in 7 of the 9 available turns, for people that don't feel like calculating it themselves or worrying about potentially spending the XP "incorrectly".
Since Episode 7 has now been released and we know 6 turns are seemingly impossible I have added a 2nd turn dedicated to grinding $ (turn 6) which means you can actually make enough $ to finish the restoration quickly even while keeping the Pink Rose VIP pass. Thus I have changed the guide to now work without the extra $10 from refusing the pass.

Many thanks to ename144 and Hurensohn Heigl for also being interested in the math and possibilities for optimization for this minigame and the food for thought and constructive criticism they gave as well as their more in-depth methods of calculating what to ideally do each turn.
In case you are interested, here are links to both Hurensohn Heigls initial analysis and his follow-up/final evaluation as well ename144s tracker. Both of their sheets would be vastly superior to my guide if you don't want to just follow a random persons steps but actually calculate all the turns and make your own choices ahead of time.
Also thanks to any and all users that pointed out errors and/or typos in the previous version of the sheet.
1624833499626.png
thats what i get in a window instead of getting the file? what am i doing wrong

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
What if someone knew about Hell Week party and was going to spoil that somehow (and then saw that all DIKs gone to attack jocks)? Someone, who was DIK before and holds a grudge. After jocks trashed windows (they definitely did it) this someone may used the opportunity to make things even worse (just because he is a little inadequate).

This someone may even know about HOTs gone to the prep party cuz he communicate with Quinn.
A good approach. Who knew all about the party. Preps, Quinn, Sage and maybe Jill, a few invited guests. One of the guests knew for sure. He was looking for his daughter, after all. He also really needed to talk to the professors and Burke. Maybe he had a foster son once. Did you ever notice that Jacob has red black hair? Look at where Jacob is standing in front of the Preps mansion. Kind of off to the side. Maybe a former Preps paid for the DIK Mansion to be destroyed and the Alpha's to be blamed for everything. One redhead wanted to report the other redhead. Was that a joke? I'm sure it was.

Just a few thoughts.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The author of Berserk Miura worked a lot alone. As a result, he got sick and did not finish his work.
Inсeton Games employs 20 people and they have made 1100 animations for the new update.
As long as DPC is having fun with it, it's positive stress and it's not unhealthy. If he still sees it as a hobby, everything will be fine.

Reactions: ename144

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Seeing the numbers DPC can now pull in 2 months (1000 renders and 115 animations), I wish he could dedicate a small amount of time to remaster the Episode 1 over a season, which was only about 1300 renders and 50 animations.

The feedback I had when I make people find out about that game was how horrible the renders of the MC home looks.

Reactions: Ghostly

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't understand. The developer's income is about $ 200,000 per month. He could hire a programmer and focus on the script and animations. I understand that he wants to control the whole process and loves the game. But it can burn out as a Icstor.
I'm afraid of it. He works 12 hours every day. This is not normal.
So he should take his money give it to somebody else and finish the game quicker so he loses his income source?
This is not a good argument because he can just make another game, and even if he doesn't if what PashafromRussia is saying about his income is true DPC is going to be a multimillionaire by the time this game has finished development so i doubt he's going to need a source of income.
There's no guarantee that his next game is half as successful as this one.

And I'm not quite sure we live on the same planet, since when as becoming a multimillionaire stopped people from wanting to earn more money.

End of the day the bad doctor is going to release this game on his own and at his own pace. And the game is better for that.
That doesn't matter that's still a lot of money.

I think you failed to see the point i was making because again if he wants to continue working he would just make another game, i was talking about if he wants to retire after finishing the game(assuming he's not stupid with his money)he wouldn't need to work another day in his life.

I never disagreed with that i was just pointing out that you where making a bad argument.
As long as DPC is having fun with it, it's positive stress and it's not unhealthy. If he still sees it as a hobby, everything will be fine.
It's pretty obvious DPC is not a normal guy.

On his own, he's producing a very high quality game, with much larger updates (within comparable time) than any other game available through this site.

Do you know why?

Because he loves this game.

This game is his baby.

And he's making sure he does everything 100% the way he wants it.

Why would he want to bring someone else into the mix?

I don't want him to. His current approach is working. Why fuck with it? Are there any other games on this site that are excellent and produce more frequent updates anywhere near the size of this game?

Absolutely not.

Lets compare this game to some others sitting at the top as far as rating is concerned:

What a Legend: The updates are tiny in comparison. Like less than an hour's worth of game play and far from satisfying.
Once in a Lifetime: Took about two years to complete and is about as long as BaDIK ep7.
City of Broken Dreams: Updates at about the same rate as BaDIK but tiny updates in comparison. Typically less than 1 hour's game play.
Pale Carnations: Months between updates (not entirely sure how many) and way smaller than BaDIK.
Leap of Faith: I'm struggling with this one. The episodes come months apart and it feels like fuck all happens in them, I can't even bring myself to bother with the latest episode so I'm probably not qualified to comment here.

There are plenty of other games that are probably worthy of comparison, but I haven't played them.

The bottom line is, this game isn't taking all that much longer between episodes than many other games here, but what is being delivered absolutely blows the other games away. I'm not saying it's better than these other games, that's subjective, but the quantity and quality combined leaves every other game here for dead.

The only reason to consider employing more people is because we can't wait. How is that affecting DPC? It doesn't.

TheGR8STNoob

May 21, 2018
anyone else getting this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_choice.png'>:
File "game/season2/scripts/classes/math101/math_test5.rpy", line 23, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_choice.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback

i continued my game from the full game of v. 5 into the full game of v. 7.2. and im getting this for the quizzes

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
anyone else getting this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_choice.png'>:
File "game/season2/scripts/classes/math101/math_test5.rpy", line 23, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_choice.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback

i continued my game from the full game of v. 5 into the full game of v. 7.2. and im getting this for the quizzes
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/page-4737#post-4575561

• Red Heart
Reactions: TheGR8STNoob

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
Ether that or Rusty thought it was funny when Derek called MC Assman ....
( maybe DPC hard time making PC folder with $value=main character name = true )

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good point! (y)

I agree there is a traitor in the DIKs, but it's Nick. Notice that his room was not trashed, and he was found in the library after that nude post of Cathy. It was mentioned that the laptop was found in that library. My guess is that somehow Nick has access to the MC's phone, either through a hack, or maybe when the MC was sleeping. It is possible that Nick is just a diversion from the real traitor, but I doubt it.
When Nick is found in the library, the laptop is already at Rusty which told us he found it... In library. So... There are two options...
If your theory is true, it means that Nick used it, left it there, went away and after Rusty get it back, he returns to library.
Or...
Somebody else used it and left it there. Rusty get it back and after that Nick get in the library without to know about Rusty.
Also sleeping theory doesn't make sense. MC doesn't live yet in Diks mansion yet. And for example, if we choose to stay with Sage or Bella, it would be impossible for him to reach it. About hacks... I don't see Nick as a hacker master... And also is very difficult to do it IRL. Almost impossible

Woah, dumping his awesome dad for cash?! That goes beyond the DIK scale! :eek:

We know Nick didn't physically trash the mansion, he was with the DIKs the whole time during the prep mansion raid. It's even possible he wasn't entirely aware just how bad it was going to be, but his involvement is still likely.

But the only thing that incriminates Nick (other than his overall shifty as fuck face and behavior) is that his room wasn't trashed. It's not entirely subtle (an entire conversation is dedicated to it), but it's also not blatant proof.

It seems like the mc is the only nosy fucker that went around and checked on everyone after the trashing, so nobody else even noticed that Nick got away unscathed. He even tells the mc not to tell the others. He goes so far as to buy Jacob vouchers for shit because he feels so bad (guilty much, motherfucker?). He also volunteers to do a stint at the old people's home (a phone call was dedicated to how guilty that fucker is feeling...).

On the other hand, the thing that incriminates the Alphas is that their logo is sprayed fucking everywhere, and the dildos. They are dumb cunts, but not that dumb.

It doesn't really make sense if the Alphas were trying to incriminate Nick:
  • How would they know about his ongoing friendship with Vinny?
  • How would they know which is Nick's room?
  • Why the fuck would they use the dildos and spray their logo everywhere if they wanted to incriminate someone else? Like I said, they are stupid, but not that stupid.
And there's no way the Alphas would blatantly incriminate themselves like that, not with all the heat on Chad and on them. Nope, the Alphas are the ones being incriminated and the "subtle" hints as to who it is, are Nick's clean room and his regular pining about Vinny.

The Alpha's logo is definitely a red herring, and we know that because currently the story's characters believe it was the Alphas. Classic misdirection.

The same technique was used when the reader was led to believe Josy had a boyfriend (she never said it - it was the MC that assumed it), and that Chad's side bitch was a girl (Sage just assumed it). DPC has the characters themselves misdirect to us (because the characters can make mistakes) while he gives us other clues in the narrative to identify the truth.
By having the characters tell us the wrong thing, a lot of players will believe it, so when the truth comes it's a "big reveal". That's pretty cheap just to make up some other contradicting story later, but if there are earlier signs pointing to the alternative that we (may or may not) have picked up on, it's no longer just a cheap bait and switch, it's fun storytelling.

If it wasn't for threads like this and people discussing these things, it's possible more than half the players wouldn't pick up on this kind of stuff. They wouldn't have guessed Chad was gay either (plenty of people were convinced Mel was the side bitch right up until the answer was revealed).

But DPC's "twists" aren't mind blowing, they are fairly well crafted into the story, just not at the insane level that dalli_x imagines them to be.

The only revelation I didn't see coming was Josy and Maya's relationship, and yet in hindsight there were some clues to that too.

The thing about the cell phone and the leaked file that trips me up is the understanding that the DIK rooster posts can only be done from the laptop (that's why the laptop was such a big deal during the Cathy Cluck).

This is contrary to the real world where you can log in to an account and tweet from any device. That makes it a little less convincing that Jamie's lost phone would be linked to the laptop where Jade's file was stored.

That said, I'm certain Jamie's lost phone is significant. I just can't see how it fits in to things.

dalli_x, could you post your enhanced image? It's not that I don't believe you, it's just... actually no, I just don't believe you...
Alphas can do it because legally, you have no proof against them. Is like... You know is them, but you can't prove. And if you start to explain why is a revenge and not just an random attack, diks will be in shit too... The best proof for that are the dildos. Okay, let's pretend that is Vinny or somebody else... How he/they get the dildos? Vinny definitely couldn't do that... Even he isn't anymore a dik, he is still an possible hostile person for alphas.

Nick lied about his room trashed to MC. He told that they barely trashed his room and he cleaned it in hours. We know his room wasn't and was clean during the freeroam after the trash happens.
Nick is already sad for Vinny dropping out of B&R who was his only best friend. Now, all he does is study and shit. According to me, Vinny is worked with alphas while the proof that points it out the logos being different at main hall and kitchen, filled with dildos and in each DIK room it's curvy. Also, there is a text in Rusty's room Eat A Bag of Diks which doesn't match with Alphas autistically written Karma but rather with Vinny Suk My Dik, that logo is interactive and mc says its good handwriting which means it's not there only for a show.
Well... In my opinion Nick is not behind this scene... Why? Well... The attack of DIKs is spontaneously... Immediately after the Caleb scene, DIKs are leaving towards to prep mansion. Nobody except alphas and diks know about that. We don't know where Vinny lives, but I don't think that he would have enough time to came back at B&R and smash everything. Instead... alphas are already there.[/QUOTE]

That's Josephine, Josy's twin sister
Oh no... Not this theory again...

Anyway, today I saw something... Different. DPC actually made a mistake. In Bella college story, which was 18 years ago (around 99-2000) we have this guy with a smartphone or an early-smartphone at least... Which is impossible. We all know what kind of building bricks have been named cellphone in that years

Coming back at "Sage's father" theory about Burke... I still think that Burke is not her father. Why? Well... Sage told us "my dad even showed up" which sounds like she is surprised about that. In my Opinion, she couldn't be surprised if her father/steo-father was Burke. At the end of the day is an official party of most prestigious fraternity in the campus. And the president of this fraternity is Tybalt which is supposed to be her step-brother. Why is she surprised of Burke presence?

Reactions: dalli_x and shazba

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Here is the thing that bugs me.

Why doesn't B&R, which is a good college, have security cameras?

A College has tons of security cameras that are used everyday for multiple reasons, Infact having security cameras is necessary. I hope everyone knows why. And no matter how big the campus area is, every area of the campus has 2 or 3 security cameras.

All these incidents that happen in the campus...

Ep2 -Preps having intruders in their mansion.
Ep2 -Jocks ruining DIKs Mansion.
Ep3 -Chad assaulting MC.
Ep4 -MC fucking Quinn on the Roof.
Ep5 -DIKs and Jocks fighting.
Ep5 -Preps Mansion ruined to a little extent.
Ep5 -DIKs Mansion almost destroyed.

I know that some of the above are not favourable for the DIKs, But this isn't about DIKs. If the campus has security cameras then anyone like Preps or Diks can complain to the College authorities about their Mansion being ruined or destroyed by someone.

The College authorities should know what is happening in their campus, whether it be a Fight, having sex in public, Property being damaged. But here, Burke has to confirm if Chad assaulted MC...if you have security cameras then why do you need to ask or confirm?

If they had security cameras around the campus, it would be easy for DIKs to know who trashed their Mansion.

Cathy mentions in EP1 that the Campus Security is Vigilant. Honestly what do the security guards even do? Jack-off to big walls? :ROFLMAO:

And Secondly why don't the DIKs have security cameras in their Big Mansion ? Why don't the Richy preps have security cameras ?

Is this done so that the fun, suspense and drama goes on? Well can't complain that I enjoy it...

Anyways, DPC either did this for the reason above or He messed up.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Here is the thing that bugs me.

Why doesn't B&R, which is a good college, have security cameras?

A College has tons of security cameras that are used everyday for multiple reasons, Infact having security cameras is necessary. I hope everyone knows why. And no matter how big the campus area is, every area of the campus has 2 or 3 security cameras.

All these incidents that happen in the campus...

Ep2 -Preps having intruders in their mansion.
Ep2 -Jocks ruining DIKs Mansion.
Ep3 -Chad assaulting MC.
Ep4 -MC fucking Quinn on the Roof.
Ep5 -DIKs and Jocks fighting.
Ep5 -Preps Mansion ruined to a little extent.
Ep5 -DIKs Mansion almost destroyed.

I know that some of the above are not favourable for the DIKs, But this isn't about DIKs. If the campus has security cameras then anyone like Preps or Diks can complain to the College authorities about their Mansion being ruined or destroyed by someone.

The College authorities should know what is happening in their campus, whether it be a Fight, having sex in public, Property being damaged. But here, Burke has to confirm if Chad assaulted MC...if you have security cameras then why do you need to ask or confirm?

If they had security cameras around the campus, it would be easy for DIKs to know who trashed their Mansion.

Cathy mentions in EP1 that the Campus Security is Vigilant. Honestly what do the security guards even do? Jack-off to big walls? :ROFLMAO:

And Secondly why don't the DIKs have security cameras in their Big Mansion ? Why don't the Richy preps have security cameras ?

Is this done so that the fun, suspense and drama goes on? Well can't complain that I enjoy it...

Anyways, DPC either did this for the reason above or He messed up.
security cameras spying on what goes on on a rooftop seems unlikely to me...
I would add that they should also have noticed a grown man entering the women's dormitory...

for the rest, for the drama you need mystery, so they are there but evidently they are pointed at the ceiling

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes