Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
That's totally fair. I've really been mostly absent from here since joining. I spend most of my time over on the Discord server.
It's all good. As Joshy said, that should've been stated on the Steam page. I bought the game when it first dropped on Steam and I never once knew that was the canon path. But it is what it is. I'll deal with it.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
It's all good. As Joshy said, that should've been stated on the Steam page. I bought the game when it first dropped on Steam and I never once knew that was the canon path. But it is what it is. I'll deal with it.
I could be wrong, but I think the reason Droosk doesn't explicitly state which path is canon is that he actually wants players to experience all the paths. The content between Good and Evil paths starts off subtle and has gradually widened as time goes on. As a prime example of that, the group's interaction with the mermaids are quite different depending on mc's alignment.

It's a wee bit of a spoiler, I suppose, but it's worth stating that Droosk's attention to detail can be very subtle. Try an Evil run and note the colour of the ball of magical light mc spawns when meeting the Djinn. Then do a Good run and note the light. That kind of stuff is peppered throughout the project. If you've an eye for detail, all the paths become very satisfying to play.

It's a part of the job: Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 11.02.51.png

Reactions: Mexx and Elhemeer

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I could be wrong, but I think the reason Droosk doesn't explicitly state which path is canon is that he actually wants players to experience all the paths. The content between Good and Evil paths starts off subtle and has gradually widened as time goes on. As a prime example of that, the group's interaction with the mermaids are quite different depending on mc's alignment.

It's a wee bit of a spoiler, I suppose, but it's worth stating that Droosk's attention to detail can be very subtle. Try an Evil run and note the colour of the ball of magical light mc spawns when meeting the Djinn. Then do a Good run and note the light. That kind of stuff is peppered throughout the project. If you've an eye for detail, all the paths become very satisfying to play.

It's a part of the job: View attachment 3234466
Well, I'm still way behind. I got upset because of the whole thing with Kaylee in the tent. She was actually the only girl I liked until that.

Reactions: 608xperience

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Absolutely not. I take pride in making sure that all saves remain functional at all times. You've got something else going on. For just $8.99 via Steam, I will happily troubleshoot it for you!

Jk, but I can't help you if you don't supply the actual error info.
Strange, I just restarted the game to try again and it's not giving the tracebacks now. The error was something like "Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Maybe the script changed in an incompatible way." and it happened when I loaded any save, including the auto saves.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Yes, good + harem is the "canon route". This is because I need to ensure I have a story point for future references or content. That doesn't DEVALUE the other content at all. Those who have played the evil and/or solo stuff can say that there is just as much content for those paths. Hell, based on the Steam achievements, there are SOME choice paths that less than 1% of people are making, which I'm still writing and creating content for.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, good + harem is the "canon route". This is because I need to ensure I have a story point for future references or content. That doesn't DEVALUE the other content at all. Those who have played the evil and/or solo stuff can say that there is just as much content for those paths. Hell, based on the Steam achievements, there are SOME choice paths that less than 1% of people are making, which I'm still writing and creating content for.
Sorry if I sounded rude bro.
It wasn't my intent.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Sorry if I sounded rude bro.
It wasn't my intent.
What Joshy said on this one. I just roll with the punches. I'm comin back finally after the whole thing with Kaylee that set my teeth on edge. The tent scene. But it is what it is. I still don't know who are solo romanceable or not or if I can break up with the main gf. Not that I want to, just exploring options for solo paths.

But again my apologies if my words made you feel some sort of way.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
What Joshy said on this one. I just roll with the punches. I'm comin back finally after the whole thing with Kaylee that set my teeth on edge. The tent scene. But it is what it is. I still don't know who are solo romanceable or not or if I can break up with the main gf. Not that I want to, just exploring options for solo paths.

But again my apologies if my words made you feel some sort of way.
You guys really have nothing to worry about <3 I was just clarifying!

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes