• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
any content difference between patreon and steam? saves compatibility?
There are a small number of differences in the first four chapters. All are either preamble (non-story) housekeeping stuff and a few render differences that don't show IP that might get busted on Steam. None of the differences thus far affect the story in any way. Saves are 100% compatible.

Reactions: Danv

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Yeah, other dev was kind of a dick to name it that way, and was called out for it by a bunch of people when he did his 0.1.

He ignored everyone.
Damn... knowing this after seeing these two games get updated on this site simultaneously... almost feels like a deliberate move by that dev (which I hope not).

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
Between both games, I know which one is far better.
I just realized I have it on Steam..doh. Updating now <3

Last edited:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Damn... knowing this after seeing these two games get updated on this site simultaneously... almost feels like a deliberate move by that dev (which I hope not).
To be fair, the "updates" at the same time are purely the fault of a single leaker. He did both games at the same time. That's the only reason they hit the LU together.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
When you have the threesome scene, there is a part where mc says he sees the girl when having sex with hannah. i dont recall seing that scene after multiple run. is that a bug ?

Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021
Unfortunately no. The game is now 2.6gb, and it's only halfway done. There are only two options for Android now:

1) Reduce the resolution of the files significantly (480p or lower by the end)
2) Play the Windows version via an app like Joiplay (which is what nearly all large games end up doing).

Your save files will still work via Joiplay (which is free), and if you've bought on Itch, you're entitled to still get the current and future versions, not just the android packs.
To be fair, there are several ways to work around the problems imposed by the android 2Gb file size limit. These have been in use in multiple android ports for quite a while now.
Several android porters can now bypass the 2gb limit with ren'py through the use of large .rpa files. Estrada777 and Wills747 to name 2 of them.
Other devs have in the past split the full game into multiple 'seasons', after all android users arent the only ones to benefit from reduced download size.
Also, of course, there is always the possibility of using a compressed version. Whilst android tablets can have relatively large screens, in excess of 11", this is still far smaller than typical PC screens, so lower resolutions are more acceptible. I believe DarkAssasins port of the story as far as chapter7 was under 800mb, so doubling the game size would still come in under the 2Gb limit.
Assuming that this is more hassle than you would want to deal with and given that this a paid for game, you could always work with a selected porter to produce an 'official' android port that could be released solely through your patreon or itch.io page. Again something that has been done before with other ports. Whilst its true that most ports are released for free, dont forget that most of the games are originally free too. My experience as an onlooker is that porters usually try to respect the wishes of the devs when it comes down to how ports are released.
Its worth a try at least.

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Unofficial Android port for Between Two Worlds with alternative save location
( Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.btw), i.e no need to worry about saves. Saves will remain intact after uninstall.

Features: Usual Gestures enabled, Delete Saves, Quick Menu(Enable/Disable/Toggle),Textbox Transparency slider, Dialogue Text Size Slider, Name Text Size Slider, Choices Text Size Slider, Font Size Scaling, Text Outline Width Slider, Multiple Text Outline Color choices(added 4 outline colors),TextBox Height Slider, Font size scaling,Performance mode, Tearing, Force FPS mode.

Note:
Ignore false virus alert from Google Play scanner. It is flagging every ports with alternative save location above renpy 7.5.

Grant storage permissions when opening it for the first time.

Link:

Size: 1.65 Gb

Appreciate my ports??? Want to buy me a coffee????

My Other Ports

Last edited:

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
there are over 10k games on this site, some of them are bound to have similar names, no one is at fault here imo.
Don't know if it was or wasn't done on purpose, but yea just look at the games with Harem in the title, or daughter.

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Unfortunately no. The game is now 2.6gb, and it's only halfway done. There are only two options for Android now:

1) Reduce the resolution of the files significantly (480p or lower by the end)
2) Play the Windows version via an app like Joiplay (which is what nearly all large games end up doing).

Your save files will still work via Joiplay (which is free), and if you've bought on Itch, you're entitled to still get the current and future versions, not just the android packs.
Just noticed this old message of yours. You can easily bypass the 2gb limit via renpyarchive trick.

And to be honest there is a reason Android ports are preferred over joiplay, because Joiplay is clunky and doesn't support lots of games. And also the current Joiplay update definitely do not work with renpy versions above 8.1 I think. Not sure though.

Feel free to hit me up if you face any issues with your Android ports. Would be glad to help you out. Great game. Best of luck.

Reactions: TigerWolfe

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
there are over 10k games on this site, some of them are bound to have similar names, no one is at fault here imo.
This is true, but if a dev wants to release something, they should do a search on the name they are thinkin of usin. It's what I did, found a game with the name I wanted and then I just didn't continue with the game I was makin.

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes