Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
After Trickstar's last post, I created two instances of CM3D and installed the 1.0 HF patch on one, and the 2.1 HF on the other.

The 1.0.00 version works, but the translated conversation it contains its fatally flawed and as it notes, it is buggy as hell. Using that option pretty much garuntees an unhappy player thanks to at least two rooms crashing the game.
The 2.1 version contains ALL the working patches of the 1.0 version and does NOT crash those additional rooms.
With that in mind, I strongly recommend AGAINST using the 1.0 patch and use the 2.1 version, it works and seems to be stable.

Last edited:

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
Last edited:

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Yeah. I posted a basic guide here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/custom-maid-3d-1-53-ju-c-air-1-16-kisskiss.38659/post-2607774

As an fyi, do NOT use the 1.0 HF patch that came with it!

As much as we want to use the translation elements within that patch, they're so unstable it WILL crash the game and the only fix is to completely reinstall the game.

Use the one I uploaded, which is linked to both the first post and that guide.
So in the end there is no way to properly translate the game and there are no full translation patches that work on the entirety of the game?

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
I'm afraid not Trickstar, none of them were fully translated in a stable, workable manner.
I don't bother though, I cheat and use my cellphone's translator to view the text in googles best attempt at a translation. it works well enough, though it isn't ideal and I'd love it if there was a way to have a desktop equivalent I understood how to use

Last edited:

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
I haven't had the time to try this out, but mayube one of you guys would find this useful:

From what I understand, this universal game translator MIGHT be able to machine translate the japanese components. Give it a go and let me know what you think?
(small tip; read the guide information in the config.template.txt file, it has pretty much all the instructions included in it)

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
So I finally decided to try this game and so far it works. But how do I change the visibility of the guy? Currently the girl is humping air.

EDIT:
I figured it out and already deleted the game again. Can't understand the "hype" about that game because I think it's pretty boring and repetitive, even more than most Illusion games. Graphics aren't really good too.

Last edited:

frikazoide

Jan 16, 2020
I found the solution not to crash the game at the playroom selection

1.Install part 1.
2.Launch the game.
3.Pass the intro and go to the boss's room.
4.Make a backup of the game.
5.Close the game and start the other installs.
6.Launch the game.

and the game no longer crashes when changing rooms

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
Frik, the reason for the crashes is the 1.0 hf patch included in the upload packages is buggy as hell and not worth using, so you can get away with doing the full install and use the 2.1 hf patch I provided; all works without any crashes ;)
As for translation issues, I use an external translator linked to my phone, but the universal game translator in my last post MIGHT translate what missing for those whom don't wish to go into that kind of effort

o0GMX0o

Mar 3, 2020
Some of the text in the English version is still in Japanese and it's frustrating because i can't understand what they are saying

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
Some of the text in the English version is still in Japanese and it's frustrating because i can't understand what they are saying
I've previously explained how I use a translator built into my cellphone for the untranslated parts, but the following quoted post MIGHT help.

I haven't had the time to try this out, but mayube one of you guys would find this useful:

From what I understand, this universal game translator MIGHT be able to machine translate the japanese components. Give it a go and let me know what you think?
(small tip; read the guide information in the config.template.txt file, it has pretty much all the instructions included in it)

Lucifer84

Jan 5, 2018
does the preinstalled version come with all the mods or do i need to download them all myself also is it working good ?

Lucifer84

Jan 5, 2018
so i just download preinstalled game , mods , maid tuner and hf patch 2.1 and im good to go ?

davidmc

Jan 13, 2018
pre-installed torrent link is broken, cant use MEGA, using VPN to bypass the download limit isnt working for me

Meneloss

May 16, 2020
Frik, the reason for the crashes is the 1.0 hf patch included in the upload packages is buggy as hell and not worth using, so you can get away with doing the full install and use the 2.1 hf patch I provided; all works without any crashes ;)
As for translation issues, I use an external translator linked to my phone, but the universal game translator in my last post MIGHT translate what missing for those whom don't wish to go into that kind of effort
Since I'm the one that was managing the mods behind HF Patch I can explain what happened here. The patch 1.0 is not bugged, I personally tested it before the public release to make sure everything was working as intended. It just supports an older version of the game. Since KISS updated the game and released new contents for it after the 1.0 patch, you can't use this old patch to translate it, as the executable launcher is expecting the old assets files it was designed for. New HF Patches were released as soon KISS released new updates and I updated the translation/uncensor mod for it.
Even if you were able to make it work with 1.0, I'd suggest to use the 2.1 anyway because it's the best release so far.

Last edited:

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
I have to agree with your assessment Meneloss, I created two versions of the game, the first was set to be 1.0 compatible and it works fine within its limits, and when fully patched, the 2.1 version does work, though the translation percentage is limited.
Did you or anyone try that codejo translator I found?

Meneloss

May 16, 2020
I downloaded the installers-pack torrent on the first page, and here's a few notes I have to say:
  1. There's no Visual Pack. Even though there's the folder "04 - Visual Pack 2013", it's a fake name. It's just the update 1.35 (I compared it with the official 1.35 patch and the two folders match.)
  2. Don't use the folder "03 - Official Plugins", since the HF Patch 2.1 includes all the official plugins you need
  3. As someone else already mentioned before, don't use the "Optional Ju-C Air Update 1.16", it's useless unless you have the official onahole hardware and game. I ported the translation and uncensor to Ju-C Air and Chu-B Lip versions, though it never got released because literally nobody had these games to test them
  4. The last expansion is missing. It's called "Bug Bug 250", and it was released for the "Bug Bug 250 anniversary", it's a magazine released only in Japan. I can't help you for a download link, but I can give you its full name if you wish to search it yourself: "BugBug 2015年07月号 250 Anniversary DVD アペンドHディスク集 PART2"
  5. I don't know why nobody suggested it, but you can directly look for "カスタムメイド3D コンプリートパック" (Custom Maid 3D Complete Pack). It has all expansions released till update 1.53, and then you can just update it with MML (Make Me Lover), BugBug 250 and finally apply the HF Patch 2.1. It's the fastest and easiest way to get the game up to date instead of managing all the single expansions manually.
I have to agree with your assessment Meneloss, I created two versions of the game, the first was set to be 1.0 compatible and it works fine within its limits, and when fully patched, the 2.1 version does work, though the translation percentage is limited.
Did you or anyone try that codejo translator I found?
I didn't, because I don't like machine translations. A long time ago someone I knew was working on the translation, but unfortunately he got busy with irl stuffs and he wasn't able to continue anymore. So CM3D1 translation stopped around 5 years ago, and never resumed since then.

Last edited: