• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
This is exactly the reason why there's at least one person complaining when a game's machine-translated, and it's pretty understandable. Editing the machine translation by hand does improve it by a good deal, but in most cases translation directly to English manually will be better. And also don't require the translator/editor to figure out what the machine translation means, which as you just saw is gibberish.
The problem also stems from the way jap sentences are structured. Google translate is a terrible device but whats translated through it does make a bit of sense (especially if its translated from languages usually used, like european ones) and people generally try to improve it by giving more meaning to foreign words via the options there.

This translation makes no sense. Nobody knows japanese but the japs, hence the results. Its a literal translation, word for word. Try doing the same with any other language. It will give you a laugh at least.

Reactions: nodice20

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Have somebody fullsave? I've loaded saves from archive, but I can't open 6 subends:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The attached file is an edit of the recollection room map that sets the 6 ending events triggers to true when you click on them. No clue if this will break your game so I'd suggest not playing after viewing them on that save, or maybe not. It might be 100% fine.
Place the map file in /data/ and give it a try.

The fat guy has a hot wedding dress bikini cg recollection.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Does anybody know what the wardrobe does? The one at the inn with the elf and that bird? Its empty, even though ive unlocked a crapton of costumes already. Another thing is about the skills you buy at the... uh... excellence coin place? I guess? Theres a skill called "satisfaction". Im already at 100 lewdness and getting it seems like a waste, assuming it does what i think it does (increase lust gain).

Del.Mar

Nov 19, 2017
The attached file is an edit of the recollection room map that sets the 6 ending events triggers to true when you click on them. No clue if this will break your game so I'd suggest not playing after viewing them on that save, or maybe not. It might be 100% fine.
Place the map file in /data/ and give it a try.
It works! Thank you!

xue

May 31, 2017
i found a...tolerable translation. its not good, nor is it bad, just, enough.

not sure if i can post links....

onlyhgames.com/site/dark-beauty-reina-extra-story-the-island-of-mermaid-and-the-fortress-saintess/

theres parts where it seems she refers to a 4th wall, 3rd person and 2nd and 1st. other than that, its okay. probably have to wait another few months or more for a proper english translation.

xue

May 31, 2017
The problem also stems from the way jap sentences are structured. Google translate is a terrible device but whats translated through it does make a bit of sense (especially if its translated from languages usually used, like european ones) and people generally try to improve it by giving more meaning to foreign words via the options there.

This translation makes no sense. Nobody knows japanese but the japs, hence the results. Its a literal translation, word for word. Try doing the same with any other language. It will give you a laugh at least.
you do know...the term, "JAP", as you and many others use so casually, is actually to offend them? (refer to WW2 and how its still use to offend even today as is the N word towards african americans.) really ironic when this games made by japanese, your avatar, im sure is from an anime, and your comment seems seriously arrogant. nobody KNOWS japanese but the japs? how tunneled vision you are. id type more, but im already annoyed as is.

Reactions: TheMaker666

zerojack123

Sep 6, 2018
Okay ill just ask since I don't see anyone asking it. 1. Hit or miss? 2. multiple endings? 3. choice or no choice.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I did and MTL, and as I usually do, I kept my editor up in the back ground while playing the game, and edited text in the game as I played it. ( I can not read a lick of Japanese ) As I translate while playing the game if I did not see and area in my playthrough, then I did not translate it any better than what ever the MTL said originally ( Because I never saw it ).

I think I have improved a lot of it, and tried to fix what I could, But it is not done. However I think what I have managed to edit is better than the basic MTL. ( But I may have misunderstood many of the events in the game )

This one has a pretty good story, but it has so many long winded explanation area's that just a few lines would have finished easy, and many attempts at humor that are almost impossible to understand in the MTL. So I just kind of edited what I could make sense of, and left the rest alone for now. ( I wish I could have done a better job on it, but in to many places I just could not make any sense of the MTL, and in those places I just left it alone.)

Not a fully finished edit, But I think is a good start, I would be fine if any one wanted to start where I left off, and improve and finish it.

I did manage to fix many area's for the text where it might say some thing like "10 You got gold", to instead say "You got 10 gold" Worked a lot on it.

( Did my best in the script area, but One has to be careful there, and so sometimes I should have maybe added a space and didn't. This is not a problem but you may see places where text way say "YouGot10Gold" rather than "You got 10 Gold" But I think there in pretty good shape.)

Where I could understand what they were saying in the story I tried to improve it, where I could not be sure, I left it alone.
Installation
Back up your original data folder from the main game ( \Dark Beauty Reina Extra Story\Kuro Reina's Gaiden - Mermaid Island and the Fortune's Saint )
Then extract my Data folder to your main game folder and allow it to over write the files there. That should be it. I hope you injoy my labor such as it is. ( remember it is not fully finished ) so you will encounter a lot of MTL still yet.
Uninstall
Just place your backed up Data folder back in your main game folder and allow it to over write (basically just reverse the installation)
Use it, if you want, I hope for some of you it will at least help you understand some parts of the game better. It may just confuse you more:) [Please Remember It is not a fully finished translation, and still contains a lot of MTL]

I might edit on it some more, As I do I will update the Data number so you can see if you have my latest yet.

EDITED >>>> Uploaded a tiny bit more upped the DL number so you can tell if you have it or not..
I edited some more of the MTL where I managed to understand the story a bit more, not much, but should help in a few places. I guess I am still tweaking it a bit.
EDITED>>> Updated again tweaked photo shoot some, and old man event, and some quest dialogue. I have time right now, and it is interesting trying to make sense of the MTL.

EDIT >>>Update 04

If I update more I will just Increase the Update number As In Tag_data_editing04 would become 05 and so on, You can see if you have gotten it or not.

I have made a Mega link
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes