VN Others Completed Daughter Saga 1 [Ep. 1-5] [Sagas]

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes

Sagas

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
I like your renders, like almost all... But... Wish continuation.... Geez... You're like a devil ;) I mean I want to empathize chars, not just f*ck
Thanks... That's the direction I want to move in. More character driven stuff, more time to feel the beats of each scene. Some but less ambiguity.
The bonus episode will be a proof of concept of this new approach.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
so this is the last episode? shouldn't this thread be marked as completed them?

I have to go through episodes 3, 4 and this one yet, I just want to say that this model of releasing chapters is stupid, I hope that the dev goes with a more tradicional format in the future since he is clearly talented doing renders

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
Im on episode 3 and all i can say is thsi protagonist is the biggest pussy ever. I really dont get the writing at this point, it makes no sense.

Reactions: verzauberung

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
From all sex games (renpy,rpgm,html,flash,unity,etc,etc) that i've played /downloaded ... Sophie (character/model) is/was the daughter number #1 :happyblush ... there is no more !

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
So that almost wraps up the cult aspect of the series.
The bonus episode will be more of a fun little playable episode for the Sophie fans.

Big kudos to @paladin07 for keeping this thread updated.

Lots of good discussions here that humbled me and taught me quite a bit. Thank you for the kind words too.

@Jer1cho
Not at all happy with the way my patreon communications (frequency and release date issues) were handled.
Proving that I can fix that is priority #1 as we move forward.

While I still think the concept was fun, there's lots that went wrong with the flow of the game, the writing, and the plot - which was meant to be something puzzling with some open ended ambiguity.
All of that's being taken into consideration and I've got an editor to help me with the next one. So wish me luck.

____

Anyhow, there's definitely some fun to be had with the episode. Hope you liked it. Can't wait to hear what you think of the next one.
This game had soooo much potential. Great renders and intriguing story.
I was eager to become patron but infrequent updates kept me away. I almost thought that game was abandoned.
If you plan to continue may I suggest:
1. More frequent updates or charge per update (assuming that Patreon leaves you alone)
2. Fix saving system (last checkpoint save is not enough)

Despite some frustrating moments, this was very good game that with little bit effort could have been great.
Unlike some other commenters, I really liked the story premise.
Eagerly awaiting your next project.

Maybe write one more update where daughter and dad grow closer and she leaves BF (maybe have Hazel join them as well, possibly turning out that father was dark lord.) Think that would be good conclusion for most of the people on this forum.

Nikisha

May 4, 2017
Is there a way to skip text until each choice? I'ts annoying when you're redoing the episode after a fail.

Apr 26, 2017
Haven't played the last chapter yet, but the biggest story issue with this game from the beginning is that not one character acts the way an actual person would, so it's impossible to understand the choices you are asked to make. An editor to help the story make sense would help, but if the structure of the game is built around driving a nonsensical plot, there's no way to be immersed, only frustrated

All that said, @Sagas, your renders are excellent, and I hope you launch a new game - just try to think about what you might do yourself if you were in this situation, not what going to make the story as weird and baffling as possible.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
I looked forward to this episode but I was left feeling a bit cheated because it felt like 'quick lets end this project and move on'

The constant cut scenes were annoying because it became a simple way to fill out the story without adding content, not good

The episode really lack the emotional connection that had really driven the whole Saga from the beginning

The whole episode simple boils down to 3/4 H-scene and not much else

That is my piece said.

Reactions: proximus

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
To break the trend, I liked the last episode, it was the best out of the 5. More logical less confusing. All in all it was a nice VN, even with the uncorfortable handling. One if not the best renders in a VN. Hope in the future a better save structure gets implemented and stroytelling will be less confusing.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes