VN Others Completed Daughter Saga 1 [Ep. 1-5] [Sagas]

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
in episode 1 and 2 there is no option to save?
Engine by itself (nah. implemention of its function) is very poor... I'm gonna check... Checked - same (right corner) Sorry my bad... not at all... Ep1 can't see save option too

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
link please
It's a very basic search and the tread is only 40 pages... Anyway, a basic walkthrough for episode 1 is on page 3 (post 48), a link for episode's 2 walkthrough is on page 9 (post 178) and some tips for episode 3 are on page 22 (post 432).

Reactions: Tucker343

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
just finished playing all chapters, don't know if I got everything but I think I did

I just don't understand why the dev bothered to include so many female characters and you can only fuck 3 (4 counting wife? but I don't think you fuck her with alexa, you just jerk off, don't remember), like Jen is a good example, her character is completely dispensable, she is just there to be a tease and make players think you will be able to fuck her as well

But at least we got to fuck the hazel and sophie, so it wasn't a letdown for me, I just don't get why the dev didn't put more scenes through episodes with other girls. Anyway, their scenes were pretty hot, made up for the lack of scenes on past episodes, Sophie model is incredibly hot and her scene were great. I didn't really got bothered about the ending, I think that's a normal ending to a relation that actually shouldn't happen, and since it all happens offscreen it's pretty ok

the dev focused to much on that crazy story that didn't go anywhere, scraped everything and gave us the path to fucking niece and daughter (and the teacher, alice I think is the name)

actually, if I recommended anyone to play this game, I would say to just play episode 5 to get the sex scenes and move on
I can only agree with you there. The story that was so promising from the beginning and could have become awesome didn't really get anywhere. And I suspect that most of it got flushed down the toilet because of the shittiest game engine that I've seen - it's because of the engine that there:
- is no real option to save anything but one point in the game and even this doesn't always work correctly, plus there is no saving system in the first (was it two?) parts of the game.
- the lack of saving system was the reason why it was impossible to integrate all parts of the game into one long game or import save data from previous version into the next one.
- because there are no saves nor data sharing between versions, made all the choices in the game irrelevant for the next version and ultimately everywhere
- I suspect that the shitty engine was also the reason behind all the delays in development and most likely for this fast and dirty "mexican soap opera" style wrap up of the game.

I mean, there is pretty much nothing in this version about what happened after the previous version ended, what happened that day - the part that had potential to be the most interesting part of the game, the culmination of the whole previous build-up. There is literally a whole part of the game skipped there!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is a little hope that the promised additional part will add something, but I very much doubt it. This game has been officially murdered by it's own developer.

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
there's no cuck or NTR shit in the end... things is this game is a mess and mush rushy, i can tell that i wasted my time playing this game , all episodes are not related lot of side stories are not finished and instead of mystery i can tell this is a mess. still nice renders and nice experience of losing time knowing no shit this can't be fixed... maybe a remake of the game and story and shity engine can do the trick.

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
there's no cuck or NTR shit in the end... things is this game is a mess and mush rushy, i can tell that i wasted my time playing this game , all episodes are not related lot of side stories are not finished and instead of mystery i can tell this is a mess. still nice renders and nice experience of losing time knowing no shit this can't be fixed... maybe a remake of the game and story and shity engine can do the trick.
Yeah story needs an improvement

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
So, final review:

Pros: there were a number of pretty hot scenes. I like the "not jumping right into fucking" build. A lot of potential.

Cons: it seems pretty clear that while this game was technically "finished" Patreon's crack-down effectively killed it. It's a mess. Multiple characters were introduced (Jen and Joy, for example) that ended up serving no purpose whatsoever.

The "choices" rarely seemed like real choices. There was always three outcomes: the story progressed, the story skipped content and then progressed, or the story completely ended with a game over screen. There was never any "choice A gives you content/path A, choice B gives you content/path B." As a result the choices were meaningless.

The save system was non existent until the fourth game and even then wasn't very good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, very frustrating. I seriously hate Patreon.

Nov 25, 2017
On episode 5 you are able to have sex with Alice/Alexa, Hazel, and Sophie. I'm glad it finally happened since Patreon is purging content like this but the ending felt rushed as there were females that were hinted at in previous episodes to be partners. The ending was a letdown.

budwar65

Dec 13, 2017
It's a very basic search and the tread is only 40 pages... Anyway, a basic walkthrough for episode 1 is on page 3 (post 48), a link for episode's 2 walkthrough is on page 9 (post 178) and some tips for episode 3 are on page 22 (post 432).
gracias

alfa069

Apr 14, 2017
is only the first part in mac version?
thank you
Esta solo la primera parte para mac?
Gracias

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I thought this game was abandoned.....
It may as well been, because it has no real ending nor the culmination, anyway. Just a partial falling action right after a long rising action and pretty much no resolution. A teacher would give an "E" for this kind of story plot, ...maybe. If he's in a generous mood.
And now it is abandoned.

Reactions: unevenrm

paladin07

May 28, 2017
It may as well been, because it has no real ending nor the culmination, anyway. Just a partial falling action right after a long rising action and pretty much no resolution. A teacher would give an "E" for this kind of story plot, ...maybe. If he's in a generous mood.
And now it is abandoned.
It's not "abandoned." Due to Patreon guidelines, after the 4th episode (believe me, I too had issues with this game being in separate episodes with no effect on the next, just whether you got to the end or not), Sagas (dev) decided to do a final episode that would wrap up this story (primarily because of the Patreon guidelines imbroglio). He has a few little bonus features he will roll out to patrons, but this wound up the story. So, it is "finished" or "complete" not abandoned. Was it finished rather abruptly? Yes. Was it abandoned with no story resolution? No.

@muttdoggy can you mark this game thread "completed?"

Reactions: Sagas and UncleVT

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@paladin07

Well, he has a pretty good excuse for making this soap opera wrap up, but Patreon hasn't really warned him yet, has it? Nor has it blocked his site temporarily as it has been doing with many other devs. He hasn't even changed anything on his Patreon page, for fuck's sake! It means that he's still "flying under the radar".

And pretty much all those other devs that were hit, did find a way to continue with some changes and patching and are continuing with their games.
So, to me it still looks like a really convenient and almost perfectly timed excuse to abandon a game that the dev got tired of, because of the worst possible engine, not really because of the Patreon policy change.

I mean, he already mentioned that he tried to switch engines. I'm guessing that he did that some time after he made that mirror scene. He was obviously planning to continue from there, somehow, with a longer wrap up. But he did get tired of finding ways around the limitations of the engine and tried to switch to something better after that, wasted lots of time on it and then decided to drop the whole thing as fast as possible.

I totally understand him, BTW. He just should have switched the engine right after the first version, when all the limitations of the engine and his own abilities to develop this engine became clear. Unfortunately, the fact that I understand him and will not blame him for dropping the game, does not make this wrap up and ultimately the whole game any better.
The fact is, the dev had a good start and made a decent build up - it means he has potential as a story writer and game developer, the game had potential to go bang. But because of the very limited engine that he tried to develop not before but parallel to the game development, instead of using something that is mostly ready to use like Renpy to build the game on, all the potential of the game and its story got wasted, mangled from the start and now dropped half way. And instead of a big bang, there was only a whiny whizz. To call this dirty wrap up to this story an ending is a ginormous overstatement. It is what it is - a fast and dirty wrap up.

I would respect him a lot more if he stopped blowing hot air up our asses about the reason of dropping the game because of Patreon policy change and be a man to admit that Patreon was just an excuse, not the main reason. He has been good at finding nice excuses for all the delays before and now Patreon is a really good excuse for dropping the game half way, but it just doesn't hold up against the facts that I mentioned above, in the beginning of this post.
I've met plenty of guys of that type - they're always good at finding excuses, but you have to be very naive to believe any of them. I mean, they're transparent enough.

I'd suggest him to stop with these schoolboy excuses, man up and tell the truth, earn some respect by doing it.

I mean, I protected him before, when the story was called bad, when the game still had potential. I hoped for the best, that at least some of that potential will be used and the game would still become better and end better.
And now I'm just really disappointed. Mainly because of those weak excuses.

Reactions: sharkrash
2.60 star(s) 25 Votes