VN Others Completed Daughter Saga 1 [Ep. 1-5] [Sagas]

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
the only problem I have with the episode is the following.. You have no idea or clue if you finish the game episode.. I want to see if I really played through the whole episode and the end is the end cause it is the end.. and not a bad choice end.

now you have to start the next episode to check if the game starts where you left off.. very annoying

Reactions: -Dreamer-

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
the only problem I have with the episode is the following.. You have no idea or clue if you finish the game episode.. I want to see if I really played through the whole episode and the end is the end cause it is the end.. and not a bad choice end.

now you have to start the next episode to check if the game starts where you left off.. very annoying
The whole "episode" based story here is lazy : the dev never bothered to even update technically the engine of the first episodes (no save, etc), so I don't expect something convenient like save reading from preceding episode.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I will say right away, I played only 3 episodes, further self-esteem did not allow me to torture myself further.
This "game" is very disappointing.
Firstly, in the first two episodes there is no save system!
The second episode and the third are like 2 different stories with the same characters.
The choice that I made in the second episode was canceled and fuck my in the third. The plot fuck at your choice, it's flat like my girl's tits. Around is constantly going on some strange shit, and you will always be confused.
In short, if you like that the author with his story fucks you in the brain, you can safely download this ... "Game"
(If anything, I apologize for my English)
just play the last one and be a happy man

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
just play the last one and be a happy man
I do not want to play the game just for the sake of beautiful pictures in the last episode. For what then were all those answer varieties, if each new episode ignores your choice? I on a physical level can not play a game that does not count with the player's opinion but constantly asks about it, which gives me a choice and then does not pay attention to it.
In fact it is just a book with pictures, but it is a very bad book.
(It's my personal opinion)

stc

Jun 11, 2017
Edit: Just noticed the last update was Feb 4th and it's still labeled an Alpha. Might be worth mentioning in the OP that it's an Alpha?

Damn, alright. Took a bit to get this cleaned up in my head. BUT I felt it was worth a read and I'm certainly looking forward to other things created within this 'universe'.

Episode 1 was easy enough to follow but gave you the impression the story wasn't linear. Which it is.
Episode 2 takes off where 1 left off only a few minutes later IIRC.
Episode 3 begins the next day, I think? Tricky thing here is that you're able to prematurely end the game on several routes and still be told the story continues in a next episode. For instance:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Episode 4 continues a day after the ending of Episode 3. Thereabouts. You're not privy to everything but it's pretty clear where things continue.
Episode 5 has a good introduction that tells you where the story is at.

So only after playing all 5 Episodes is the 'overall story' kind of making sense to me.
From what I'm gathering I think this way of storytelling is called an "unreliable narrator". (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I won't pretend EVERYTHING is clear to me now, but I feel it's worthy of attention if for no other reason then that this sets up an actual 'world' that continues beyond and around the game.
and 'schoolgirl saga' continues in the same universe, which implies they've thought about this.

Iunno, it's certainly mixed up with some cliché's but I'm not bothered by them. What's a new change for me in these games is that there are absolutely no 'out-of-body' experiences going on that magically fill in the gaps for the player or give us a view of other characters in the story.

It's a refreshing change not being 'all knowing' and being just as fucking confused as the main character.
And it's clear they've been experimenting and improving with each subsequent episode, so I'll give the fucky savesystem and the sometimes brutal game overs a pass.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
It says things are worse than what the father thought so is the daughter being raped? Does this game have that or NTR?

Azaliel

Jan 20, 2018
So just downloaded this. When I first start out it says Chapter one, it asks for my name and then it jumps to chapter 5. How do I get to the other chapters? I downloaded what was supposed to be all 5 chapters.

NM, looked and found them! :)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So, final review:

Pros: there were a number of pretty hot scenes. I like the "not jumping right into fucking" build. A lot of potential.

Cons: it seems pretty clear that while this game was technically "finished" Patreon's crack-down effectively killed it. It's a mess. Multiple characters were introduced (Jen and Joy, for example) that ended up serving no purpose whatsoever.

The "choices" rarely seemed like real choices. There was always three outcomes: the story progressed, the story skipped content and then progressed, or the story completely ended with a game over screen. There was never any "choice A gives you content/path A, choice B gives you content/path B." As a result the choices were meaningless.

The save system was non existent until the fourth game and even then wasn't very good.

All in all, very frustrating. I seriously hate Patreon.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
what I didn't like was you couldn't save or go back.....if you chose wrong, you'd have to start over

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I'm playing Episode 1, but I don't see a way to save my progress. Is that normal?

sabu6

Sep 26, 2017
Do the stats carry over from episode 1 to 2. Or do each episode have to be started with zero stats?

sabu6

Sep 26, 2017
Wow, this game have one of the best renders I have ever seen, would have been much more enjoyable if there was continuity between chapters

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes