The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Personally, I wouldn't mind her model being swapped. Her being latina or black after the rework? Hell yeah,I'd say go for it.
Seriously though, lets not go to the "but the little mermaid is supposed to be white, it breaks immersion" thing or similar stupid R'sist shit like that.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Personally, I wouldn't mind her model being swapped. Her being latina or black after the rework? Hell yeah,I'd say go for it.
Seriously though, lets not go to the "but the little mermaid is supposed to be white, it breaks immersion" thing or similar stupid R'sist shit like that.
I agree with you to a point, but the difference with The Little Mermaid, is it was an entirely new movie. With Phoebe she'd be changed mid game, unless BHG can somehow remake all the old content and rerelease it where she's always been a different race. Going from white to anything else suddenly would just be weird.

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing "R'sist" about not wanting to change a character midgame. If it's about a new character I'll welcome it

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The main issue here is that Phoebe IS changing, no matter what, because she's one of the two characters BHG cannot recover. Now, you could recommend trying to get her to look similar, and that's what the "No" option is about, but even then, she WILL look different from how she looked in the rest of the game. That is not avoidable.

Since she has to be changed no matter what, just like Hope, BHG is asking about potentially changing her more drastically (though keeping her human).

My personal vote would be to make her look more like Red. Play up the cousins connection, so we can have a real ginger in the harem.
I agree with you to a point, but unless BHG can somehow remake all the old content and rerelease it where she's always been a different race. Going from white to anything else suddenly would just be weird.

Making her look different but keeping her race could work, making her look more like her cousin would be fine. But changing her race mid game would just be too drastic.

Not to mention, as jarring as the change would be to us current players, it'd be even worse for those who come to the game much later and have no context for why the change is happening. One second she's white or looking one way, and the next she's suddenly looking completely different.

As for having an actual red head in the harem, Anya is a natural red head by the looks of it

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
My preference would be to make some changes to her that would properly align with old canon.

A race change is pretty immersion breaking to me unless it is back coded and that would involve, heavy-heavy alteration to the old content. [Unless you are in a world that allows for casual body modding- which the world of DN does not- so far at least.]

A make-over. Getting some plastic surgery on the face, different hair style. Dyed hair ect all suit the game better.
Phoebe already has canonical reasons to be trying to do any of these things.

She struggles with jealousy a bit and the MC added a bunch of new gals to his harem, or at bare minimum has a bunch of extra gals *trying* to get into his pants (if you turn everyone down- you monster!). It is easy to see how that might trigger her to act out- be that a change of look or w/e to try to compete / retaliate ect.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I'm less concerned about her changing but she has a ton of content and scenes that would need to be remade. I remember rejecting her initially (sounded like there would be another option to make up later) but once I reached the end of the latest update there were so many scene still locked in the gallery.

Remaking her with a change of hair and/or makeup would allow the game to carry on. Even if people recognize the model change I doubt many would complain.

Changing her ethnicity will force a remake/rerender of everything with her. Unless there's another reason why this change would help, story wise, I don't think it's worth it.

That said if the plan is to remake everything with her regardless then go ahead.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
And little mermaid being black isn't even that controversial really, since Disney already had black mermaid characters in their shows.

Reactions: The Grifter

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I thought of a way to work the reworking of Phoebes race, assuming race here is species, and not human ethnicity.

So, as far as Glahsa is concerned, we're an Orc. We were raised by her father along with her. Orc culture is our culture.

So, if Phoebe has a stepparent of a different race, who raised her, then boom, phoebe is of a different race.

Changing her ethnicity, or skin colour etc, is pretty much unworkable as widely mentioned by myself and others already.

Reactions: Belly97

nbkdelta1

Jul 14, 2023
View attachment 2698546

Overview:
The story takes place in a high fantasy world that has undergone a technological revolution, bringing its technology to modern standards. Magic has long since faded in this world, is rare enough that most regard it as nearly mythical. The Empire of Humanity is at its absolute pinnacle, engulfing nearly all of the world and the various races with it.
You take on the role of a detective, orphaned at an early age and raised by an Orc. You lived an average life until an old being set its sights on you, granting you powers you didn't ask for. As a murder with eerie similarity to an old case pops up, you'll need to use your newfound powers to solve it for good. How you do that will be up to you. Will you be a good man and follow the rules, or will you be like Dirty Harry? Either path is valid, and both will come with their own drawbacks. Choose wisely.​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-14
Release Date: 2023-06-14
Developer: BlackHandGames - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.55 Hotfix
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Lin: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: MEGA - -
Update Only: MEGA - - - WORKUPLOAD

Patches: HotFix
Extras: Signature - Walkthrough Mod - Gallery Unlocker

View attachment 1776977 View attachment 1776978 View attachment 1776979 View attachment 1776980 View attachment 1776981 View attachment 1776982 View attachment 2698565 View attachment 2698566 View attachment 2698567 View attachment 2698553 View attachment 2698554 View attachment 2698556 View attachment 2698569 View attachment 2698570 View attachment 2698557 View attachment 2698558
ok when is the next update it was good animation could use a lil work but dame cant wait for more.

Sep 2, 2023
OK, so the poll was a no and the majority of comments seem to lean toward making her stay the same race, which is fine by me. I started digging around the cloud where I kept my assets, and I can not seem to find what base model I used for Phoebe. I looked through tons of files, and none of them felt like they were the right ones. That's what I get for not deleting the ones I didn't use, but I was keeping them around for backgrounds characters :cautious:

Anywho, in other bad news, there are more corrupt .dufs than I thought. I found out as I've been loading them up. I feel as if I got lucky though, because the ones that are corrupt are likely going to be easy to rebuild (like Yasmina). Though you may notice some differences in a few, notably Yui (kimmy's roomie), Mallory (the bartender), and Hope (already mentioned this). I will do my best to rebuild them as they were, though I may make changes if I feel I can't rebuild them in a satisfying way. I will keep their overall appearance close, so they'll be the same race and have the same clothing.

In good news, the more complicated characters with tons of alterations are safe and loaded without issue. That's been quite lucky for me. I've also been able to make about 50 renders without trouble, so I'm feeling good about everything. I think that's worthy of celebration for me.

This was my first attempt at making Phoebe as she was, but clearly this isn't the correct base model. I'll keep looking through my files, maybe I'm overlooking it. That's all for now, I'll check back in later.

ph 2.png

Jan 14, 2023
dev

Glad you made the cut with your 46% chance of life and are still living. However, I'm 93% convinced that any decent pr0n game with goblins somehow gets cursed and there's an entire secret order of Dwarven Supremicists killing off any decent creators who make them... As for the "delete it all, burn all the unfinished work after I die" this is really not unusual with artists. I can think of at least five great authors / artists who ordered all their works burned / destroyed on their death (with a 4/5 rate of being totally ignored). So, you know, don't think you're too odd / insane (and your partner is one of the 1/5... good, I think?)

Remaking characters: don't really care as long as you just asset swap the entire thing. Or, fuck it, just make a mini-story vignette of her being cursed by an evil (SEXY) witch / demoness and you're gold. Your entire story is about how demons / magic exists, so a minor polymorph (with a bit of lore writing / mcguffin use) is really not a big deal.

I mean, you could even make it funny: goblin sexy djinn comes and drops off muffins - character eats them, wakes up in a new body. Everyone is like "durr, what do you expect, eating fucking Djinn cakes?"

Most importantly: Goblin sex: FUCKING COME ON 2024, WE NEED THIS. THE WORLD IS BURNING DOWN, CHAOS REIGNS, EVERYONE IS GAGGING FOR WW3, LET US AT LEAST HAVE SOME DECENT GOBBO SEX BEFORE WE ALL DIE.

*ahem*

Anyhow: this link is your friend:

Seriously. Not backing your work up to a thumbdrive is fucking suicide. Render time alone means you should instantly be using one and yet very few creators do (!!!).

~

Anyhow: may you live a bit longer. Game was good, yo.

Last edited:

ninhoxp

Jan 19, 2020
OK, so the poll was a no and the majority of comments seem to lean toward making her stay the same race, which is fine by me. I started digging around the cloud where I kept my assets, and I can not seem to find what base model I used for Phoebe. I looked through tons of files, and none of them felt like they were the right ones. That's what I get for not deleting the ones I didn't use, but I was keeping them around for backgrounds characters :cautious:

Anywho, in other bad news, there are more corrupt .dufs than I thought. I found out as I've been loading them up. I feel as if I got lucky though, because the ones that are corrupt are likely going to be easy to rebuild (like Yasmina). Though you may notice some differences in a few, notably Yui (kimmy's roomie), Mallory (the bartender), and Hope (already mentioned this). I will do my best to rebuild them as they were, though I may make changes if I feel I can't rebuild them in a satisfying way. I will keep their overall appearance close, so they'll be the same race and have the same clothing.

In good news, the more complicated characters with tons of alterations are safe and loaded without issue. That's been quite lucky for me. I've also been able to make about 50 renders without trouble, so I'm feeling good about everything. I think that's worthy of celebration for me.

This was my first attempt at making Phoebe as she was, but clearly this isn't the correct base model. I'll keep looking through my files, maybe I'm overlooking it. That's all for now, I'll check back in later.

View attachment 2959757
If you keep her eyebrows it will be ok. (yeah i have a thing for strong eyebrows).:BootyTime:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

View attachment 2959757
With the exception of Phoebe, we've rarely ever seen the other girls effected. Yui we only saw once, and that was breifly on a video call with Kimmy. Hope we saw briefly during or after a visit to Adam. Mallory I can't remember who they are, they're not the bar tender who Lily possessed I don't think, so I imagine she works in Lilys bar. But more relevent to the topic of her having to be remade, she's not a Love Interest, or, I'm guessing, a vitally important character,so getting her to look the same as before isn't as important.

Reactions: Belly97

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

View attachment 2959757
How about changing Phoebe to be ginger, can't go wrong with gingers? :love:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
How about changing Phoebe to be ginger, can't go wrong with gingers? :love:
Oh for fucks sake........
Obviously this is a more extreme case, but I'm never a fan of changing a character's appearance midway through a game if it can be helped. Even with what's happened, I'd very much prefer to keep her as close to the original as is manageable. Switching just because someone has a ginger fetish seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 43 Votes