finndem

Aug 13, 2020
You'll notice that throughout. It's a stylistic choice on my part. Lots of people hate, some people like it, and whatever the case, it's staying
Fair enough! It just suddenly jumped out at me yesterday; I hadn't actually noticed beforehand.

Minor time mismatch thing: On Thursday afternoon, when Joan is in the main room of the caravan, looking at her bedroom through the surveillance organism gives this output:
Through the crystal-clear vision of her surveillance organism, Zoe gazes into her grandmother's cosy-looking bedroom.

Joan, naked as the day she was born, is writhing around on her bed, one hand rubbing furiously at her pussy. At the window Zoe can see her brother peeking furtively, his eyes wide as he watches the old woman pleasure herself.
though it doesn't give the option to watch more closely. And then on Friday afternoon, it shows her room as being empty.

Edit:
Thanks to Zoe's dermal osmosis mutation, her skin absorbs some of her dad's cum, giving her .embold;5 extra units of biomass.
Saturday morning in-bed scene.

Also, I've seen a few instances of Zoe's name in dialogue converting to her green color, along with a few words afterwards.
Example said:
Christ, Zoe! What on Earth are you wearing? When said ‘tarted up’ I didn’t mean it literally!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizznazz

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Dev
I have played most of the game. And I don't see any rewrites needed.

What I was looking for was a storyline base on each character not adding to Zoe as in copy paste name but a entirely different storyline from each character as if each had the chance to encounter the brain worm from landing. Each storyline would be independent of each other. But keeping the parasites the same in each.

The only thing I have a problem with and it's mainly when the worm is speaking. The worm should be labeled different from zoe. Thou the worm would still be hidden in game. the readers would be able to follow more smoothly. when you use highlights in most of the dialog.
Due to future corruption will be almost unrecognizable btwn zoe and the worm. Not to say if you will have more worms speaking from other hosts.

The only help I would need is what direction you want the mechanics of the parasites to have and due for individual actions and events if any.

Again not adding to your work load or take over your game but aloud or you're blessing/ permission to add content to this game with just maybe a head's up with your plans and implementing new things. And maybe a couple lines of code to aloud a choice of character when starting.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Dev
I have played most of the game. And I don't see any rewrites needed.

What I was looking for was a storyline base on each character not adding to Zoe as in copy paste name but a entirely different storyline from each character as if each had the chance to encounter the brain worm from landing. Each storyline would be independent of each other. But keeping the parasites the same in each.

The only thing I have a problem with and it's mainly when the worm is speaking. The worm should be labeled different from zoe. Thou the worm would still be hidden in game. the readers would be able to follow more smoothly. when you use highlights in most of the dialog.
Due to future corruption will be almost unrecognizable btwn zoe and the worm. Not to say if you will have more worms speaking from other hosts.

The only help I would need is what direction you want the mechanics of the parasites to have and due for individual actions and events if any.

Again not adding to your work load or take over your game but aloud or you're blessing/ permission to add content to this game with just maybe a head's up with your plans and implementing new things. And maybe a couple lines of code to aloud a choice of character when starting.

Thanks for your ideas, but I think you're grossly underestimating what an absolutely collosal project you're suggesting here. OK, it may not rewriting what is already written, but you're asking for 5 (Helen, Terry, Joan, Ben, Molly) additional storylines to be written, on top of Zoe's, which already is going to entail a fair amount of routes and branches. Given textual basis of the game, this isn't just a case of adding 'a couple lines of code', but an entirely seperate wing of the game.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to be involved, but at this early stage I'm not sharing the development with anyone else. If you want to take the file, mod it, and release it under a different name, go ahead. Or better still, start your own project? That way you can play it exactly the way you want to.

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Thanks for your ideas, but I think you're grossly underestimating what an absolutely collosal project you're suggesting here. OK, it may not rewriting what is already written, but you're asking for 5 (Helen, Terry, Joan, Ben, Molly) additional storylines to be written, on top of Zoe's, which already is going to entail a fair amount of routes and branches. Given textual basis of the game, this isn't just a case of adding 'a couple lines of code', but an entirely seperate wing of the game.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to be involved, but at this early stage I'm not sharing the development with anyone else. If you want to take the file, mod it, and release it under a different name, go ahead. Or better still, start your own project? That way you can play it exactly the way you want to.
First thank you for you're permission to mod.

2nd I can't code so unless I am jumping on or partner up with a project. I don't see me even starting one.

I get why you don't want to share your thoughts and I will leave it at that.

The character dialog for me wouldn't be a issue. Code would be. Any code already done I can work with. But new code would be. So even a mod would be a problem at a future point. And play testing would be a pain. Beyond randomly finding and knowing how to fix it.

Also my "couple lines if code" was in reference to just adding which character you wanted at the beginning nothing else.

I know it's a huge undertaking to make 5 or more characters with multiple endings even more so if they were to even do a crossover vs being independent.

Oh just a little opinion in till you are finished could you label all scene in game so we as readers can follow the progress. The reason why is if you add a scene and there is no trigger or a error the scene is lost. This happened in a different project after the owner stopped working on it and I found it a year later.

Karat

Aug 27, 2017
Just found and played this game. I really enjoyed it -- I think Family Infestation has a lot of potential. There still needs to be more progress before realizing that potential, though. Also, personally, I'm not into bestiality or grannies, but if that's the price that must be paid, so be it.

I'll definitely be keeping a watch on this title. Thank you, Pizznazz, for making this.

Sallly

Apr 7, 2020
. Or better still, start your own project? That way you can play it exactly the way you want to.
Just how hard is it to do , a project like this ? can it be done by someone with no coding experience ?

I would like to think I can write , but thats about it for my talents , although saying that , I would like to try if possible .

Whats best platform to start on ? how many hours a week do you put into it ?

I love this game , and appreciate how much time and effort you must put into it :)
Still, off course , would like to see it done my way , lol

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Just how hard is it to do , a project like this ? can it be done by someone with no coding experience ?

I would like to think I can write , but thats about it for my talents , although saying that , I would like to try if possible .

Whats best platform to start on ? how many hours a week do you put into it ?

I love this game , and appreciate how much time and effort you must put into it :)
Still, off course , would like to see it done my way , lol
I'll start by saying that this project has been easy, hard, and everything inbetween. And most of the difficulty isn't so much to do with coding, as there is always help and support in various communities online, people who are only too happy to share their expertise. The real difficulty lies in the welter of being solely responsible for story and narrative ideas, coming up with the mechanics and flow that fill transform story into game, ensuring continunity (that's a big one) and keeping yourself motivated and interested in the project (ain't nobody else who can do that - there's no boss to haul you up when you're feeling slack!) I started the current iteration of the game in April 2020, but started out working on the project back in 2017 (I abandoned it multiple times). At the time I had no coding experience (although the engine - if it can even be called that - I use, Twine, uses a bunch of built in macros so it's pretty easy to pick up). As it stands at the moment, I have a rudimentary to proficinent base of skills using Twine; I rely much more on bloodymindedness to brute force my way through a problem. Take a look at the code itself, elegant it ain't!

So yeah, if you feel like giving a go, check out Twine. One thing I have learned, however: As much as I enjoy working on this game, I don't get any enjoyment out of actually playing it. So, you want to play a game that exactly fits what you want? I'd suggest you commision someone to make it for you (I'm aware how ridiculous that suggestion is), because, as I've suggested, it's unlikely that you'll get much enjoyment playing the fruits of your own labour.

Any more questions about the process, fire away.

Reactions: finndem and Sallly

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Dev
Is this project in the scope of what you like or a storyline/kink that you just want to explore, just for writing.

I guess, I am curious as to why you don't have fun playing.

I can see it 1way but with macro's you could still never know what will happen if you do it right.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Dev
Is this project in the scope of what you like or a storyline/kink that you just want to explore, just for writing.

I guess, I am curious as to why you don't have fun playing.

I can see it 1way but with macro's you could still never know what will happen if you do it right.
The kinks I'm writing about are definitely the sort of things I like - I don't think I'd be able to write it otherwise.

I really enjoy writing the scenes. In fact, I find it pretty a arousing experience. The thing is, once that initial imaginative and creative stage is complete, the rest of the work is fairly gruelling. The coding is satisfying, but pretty labourious. Then there's proofreading and testing ad nauseam, the painstaking work of getting everything working correcting (and as this thread will testify, I always miss things) and then anxieties surrounding release and dealing with queries, demands and everything else. It's a lot handle as a single person . That being the case, at the end of it all, there's not much enjoyment to be found in playing your work beside satisfaction of a finished update, etc. I'd imagine it's the same when you've written a book. You spend so damn long working on it that when it's done, you just want to leave it, read someone else's work. There's also the fact that when you've spent so much time in the guts of the game, figuring out the mechanics and all that, that it doesn't really feel like playing. Also, you know exactly what's going to happen, because you wrote the damn thing? You get what I'm saying?

Last edited:
Reactions: finndem

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Dev
Yea I get and understand what happens. when you know the out come of a game but with macro's you have a chance of forgetting in time with random choices. I have modified a few XML games and the alike.

But with others helping you to help the game. You also help realize a game they want in return with a game that is yours but similar in other characters you may find the combination enjoyable again with not knowing. what is next as to mods.

I think the more who find out about this game and the kinks. The greater the chance you will from enjoyment in the game. I personally think, not having pics atm is good for you. pic are a big step. When you due decide on them. Don't cheap out and don't just choose one style.

Oh I just became aware Ben the son.

Needs a small change "to be legal" in the USA his age needs to be 18 for all current and future content.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Dev
Yea I get and understand what happens. when you know the out come of a game but with macro's you have a chance of forgetting in time with random choices. I have modified a few XML games and the alike.

But with others helping you to help the game. You also help realize a game they want in return with a game that is yours but similar in other characters you may find the combination enjoyable again with not knowing. what is next as to mods.

I think the more who find out about this game and the kinks. The greater the chance you will from enjoyment in the game. I personally think, not having pics atm is good for you. pic are a big step. When you due decide on them. Don't cheap out and don't just choose one style.

Oh I just became aware Ben the son.

Needs a small change "to be legal" in the USA his age needs to be 18 for all current and future content.
Ah, I don't mind not enjoying the game as a player. That's other people's games are for!

Also, for the time being, I'm not really interested in teaming up with other devs and writers. I appreciate what you're saying, but I'm happy to continue as I am for now.

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Dev
OK it will be some time before or if I will even start a mod being just me. I will follow this game as it grows but with no hints it will take you time to tell the storyline and the mechanics. In till I get a better idea of what you want and how you write I can't really do anything atm. Without over shadowing your work. And I don't want to be a dick and have a mod that takes away from the main game and Creator. Fyi I am a backwards engineer anything that has been done I can do. And for writing it would only take me a week or so to make 5 characters with the same content as the main has already.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Dev
OK it will be some time before or if I will even start a mod being just me. I will follow this game as it grows but with no hints it will take you time to tell the storyline and the mechanics. In till I get a better idea of what you want and how you write I can't really do anything atm. Without over shadowing your work. And I don't want to be a dick and have a mod that takes away from the main game and Creator. Fyi I am a backwards engineer anything that has been done I can do. And for writing it would only take me a week or so to make 5 characters with the same content as the main has already.
I just want to make it absolutely clear, that when I said you could mod, it wasn't me asking you to mod. I just said you could for your own interest. At this stage in the development of my project, I'm not interested in creating other playable characters. If I had been, I would have done it from the start. I was merely suggesting that you should write what you want to see, privately, for yourself.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be without being rude, so shall we just leave it there? :)

Reactions: Rand0mized

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
Dev
Oh i was asking to mod((It will be harder going solo but understand) and ty). For 2 reasons i can't atm do a mod.

Need more enfo as to storyline on your part(no rush)(no hints)(I get it). Just so I can write my characters similar to yours. (So there isn't a huge change in dialog btwn the mod and you're game)(if you don't like this tell me and i will not)

I need to research how to make a mod solo(for release). To which it will take some time(never have). Most of the mods I have done have been for personal use.

I am not sure but I think we crossed a wire somewhere. I never intended to say or force any issues on you. Just opinions on dialog/scene numbering and characters ages for legal reasons. Everything else I was asking being curious and trying my best to being understanding with your work.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Hey folks.

Just a little update on what's currently taking place. I'm working with an artist called Psi to produce some original art for FI. It's early days, but I'd like to share with you this prelimary sketch of pre-corrupted and wholly wholesome Zoe :D

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
Great game, I focus on the family dog for now, and haven't found a walktrough (i''m probaly bad at searching i admit lol.) Can someone tell me what to do to progress after the peanutbutter scene, focus on the dog or, i must advence with other family members first? Thanks.
IIRC, you need to advance through the story a bit, then you get one or two more scenes with Rocket.

Reactions: Smiruk
4.90 star(s) 20 Votes