XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
How many times do we have to explain how Patreon works? She's not getting any money since April 2022 except one single pledge from those who have decided to join in since then (who are just a few). So even if you see '1,000 €', or '10,000 €', or even '1,000,000 €', that's not what she's earning at all because the monthly payments are not being processed. It's actually the money she's monthly rejecting from her patrons.

If you don't believe in trolling, you seriously are making a hard effort to look like one.
If that's really the case, which is really strange considering one can still join, then there is still the money that she has already received.

Ultimately, the point is that a game that never really left the beginning of the story has almost zero value. If one was already so willing to be open to support, then one should also really strive to really deliver. Again, it's been more than 18 months since the last update. How about a little progress.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
If that's really the case, which is really strange considering one can still join, then there is still the money that she has already received.
You mean the money she was earning fairly according to your own standards, back when she kept delivering what she promised? Once she couldn't deliver anymore due to whatever circumstances you're not willing to believe, she paused pledges. So even by your twisted and distrustful logic, all her promises since April 2022 should be simply dismissed, again according to your own standards, since she's not getting anything in return and she is not producing anything either. Those who don't believe her couldn't have it easier: just forget about this abandoned game that no one is funding. Oddly enough, you keep coming back again and again insisting that she's doing something evil -- when the only one that is actually being hurt by her 'lies' is herself.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So, let me summarize for the readers:

Notty is lying when she say that she's working on the game. And this all her patrons know it since they have the possibility, more or less regularly, to test this content that do not exist.

She's also lying when she say that she pause the pledge, because someone not pledging can start supporting her. And this too, her patrons know it since they haven't payed a single buck since 11 months.

And she's doing all this to keep her patrons in line, in order for her to regularly receive the money that they already gave her in the past.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
So, let me summarize for the readers:

Notty is lying when she say that she's working on the game. And this all her patrons know it since they have the possibility, more or less regularly, to test this content that do not exist.

She's also lying when she say that she pause the pledge, because someone not pledging can start supporting her. And this too, her patrons know it since they haven't payed a single buck since 11 months.

And she's doing all this to keep her patrons in line, in order for her to regularly receive the money that they already gave her in the past.
The point is and remains that there has been no update for more than 18 months. That I have lost confidence in this developer is only secondary. In the end, it doesn't help that people really aren't being asked to pay at the moment because a lot of money has already been paid in the past. Certainly not to have a game that is dropped in the middle of the implementation, which as I have already said is my suspicion.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The money paid in the past was in exchange for the content promised and delivered in the past. The moment she couldn't provide any more content, the money stopped flooding in -and it was her choice, and only hers. That's the most honest move a dev can make: no matter what I say or do, I'm not charging you. And it's been a year now. Bringing that past income to this discussion (without even knowing how Patreon works, despite claiming you did support her in the past) and trying to twist it in order to make her look bad for having cashed in the money she was fairly earning with her work is so absurd that, this alone, should invalidate the rest of your claims.

But hey, it's just what it is. Whenever she effectively delivers the revamped 4 chapters plus the brand new chapter 5 we keep insisting she's been working on after recovering from her car accident, you'll say that all that work has probably been made in the last couple of months at best (after getting the abandoned tag in this forum, of course) and that its production value doesn't justify the 19 months of (free) waiting, and maybe you'll also say that she should be ashamed of getting paid again for nothing since she most likely will be delaying the next chapter too. We get it. You'll never lose this battle.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Certainly not to have a game that is dropped in the middle of the implementation, which as I have already said is my suspicion.
What fall back to the question frequently asked, but to which you never really answered: What the fuck are you doing here ?

I mean, Moskyx is not wrong in his attempt to make some humor. Since the game status changed, you are responsible, directly or indirectly, for ~80% of the content in this thread. All this for a game you don't believe in anymore since more than two years, and about an update you're convinced that will never happen.
And all you are doing is trying to convince her patrons that they are paying for nothing, while they know better than you that they aren't paying, and that Notty isn't working on the game, while they are testing parts of what she's working on.

Don't you see how ridiculous it is, and how ridiculous it make you look ?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It's not about punishing anyone, it's about upholding the rules. No dev on here should get special treatment.
There hasn't been a new update in 18months, the tag helps to let people know that.
Yeah, yeah. Justify it how you want, Sir ItzSpc, protecting the populace from games that have long development cycles.

Reactions: TheDevian

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Who says I don't and don't even get me started on how Game of Thrones season 8 ended.
Well, that last isn't George's fault, directly. Because he hasn't finished the next installment, the producers et al. had to come up with their own ending.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
What fall back to the question frequently asked, but to which you never really answered: What the fuck are you doing here ?

I mean, Moskyx is not wrong in his attempt to make some humor. Since the game status changed, you are responsible, directly or indirectly, for ~80% of the content in this thread. All this for a game you don't believe in anymore since more than two years, and about an update you're convinced that will never happen.
And all you are doing is trying to convince her patrons that they are paying for nothing, while they know better than you that they aren't paying, and that Notty isn't working on the game, while they are testing parts of what she's working on.

Don't you see how ridiculous it is, and how ridiculous it make you look ?

I think it's completely legetim, if a game gets no update for over 18 months, and the explanatory texts are getting longer and longer and more and more nonsensical, to discuss whether there actually is a realistic chance for this game. I find it rather strange how some people here still act as if everything is fine and you just need more patience. We are not talking about 1-2 months delay, of a maybe ideal timespan of 3-6 months, but about more than 18 months. Remember, updates are the only reliable way to see if something is progressing. Everything else is just claim, which after such a long time one could drop altogether. This has just as little value as the "dog that ate the homework". :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ItzSpc

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I think it's completely legetim, if a game gets no update for over 18 months, and the explanatory texts are getting longer and longer and more and more nonsensical, to discuss whether there actually is a realistic chance for this game. I find it rather strange how some people here still act as if everything is fine and you just need more patience. We are not talking about 1-2 months delay, of a maybe ideal timespan of 3-6 months, but about more than 18 months. Remember, updates are the only reliable way to see if something is progressing. Everything else is just claim, which after such a long time one could drop altogether. This has just as little value as the "dog that ate the homework". :ROFLMAO:
You have no money invested, you have no right to complain. Go and make a daz game and get in a car accident, then come back and tell us how easy it is. Make sure to pause pledges on patreon but show us the bank statement of how you're still gaining money each month. Make sure to send out content to beta testers too and provide detailed updates on the progress you have made on said update. Also make sure to hire someone to post snotty postabout how you're not doing any work at all and milking things.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
You have no money invested, you have no right to complain. Go and make a daz game and get in a car accident, then come back and tell us how easy it is. Make sure to pause pledges on patreon but show us the bank statement of how you're still gaining money each month. Make sure to send out content to beta testers too and provide detailed updates on the progress you have made on said update. Also make sure to hire someone to post snotty postabout how you're not doing any work at all and milking things.
I don't know where you live, but in the free world, you don't have to pay money to be allowed to express your opinion. If not here, where else should we openly and fairly discuss the fact that something went wrong with the development of this game?

Sometimes I really think some people here don't even want to look honestly at how bad the progress of this game is. However, the realization that something is going wrong is ultimately a necessary prerequisite for being able to improve something. After 18 months without an update, this should be clear to everyone here.

Reactions: ItzSpc

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I think it's completely legetim, if a game gets no update for over 18 months, and the explanatory texts are getting longer and longer and more and more nonsensical, to discuss whether there actually is a realistic chance for this game.
I wonder, is it that you are naively idiot and truly don't get it, or are you just a troll who voluntarily circle around the issue, faking to not see it even when it's relatively explicitly pointed to you ?

No one said that you don't have the right to question the delay, nor that it's not legit to do so.
What we say, even before the fact that you are wrong, is that there's really no reason, not a single one except if you are an idiot or a troll, to insist as much as you are doing it, and for a so long period of time.

The question isn't that you don't believe what we say, who care about this ? You say, we explain why you're wrong, end of the issue. The readers will make their own opinion about this.
No, the question is that you insist, day after day, never going nowhere with your argumentation. You just circle, addressing the point raised by the post you answer too, then forgetting everything about it once you pass to your next post.

One say that the pledges are frozen since 11 months ? Ok, then you'll claim that Notty isn't working on the game.
One then say that he'd seen/played a part of what Notty is working on ? Ok, then you'll claim that Notty just want the money.
And like you'll then be reminded that the pledges are frozen, you'll go back saying that she don't works on the game. Those are globally your two main arguments, and you switch from one to the other depending what you are answering to, again and again since what now feel like an eternity. Even a 6 years old child have more constancy than you.

Look around you in the thread.

There's people who come, see the "abandoned" prefix, and ask what happened. Then, after having read the answer, after having thought about what they've read else on the thread, they go back doing whatever they were doing before.
Perhaps have they understood the situation, and are they just patiently waiting for the long delayed update. Or perhaps are they like you, loosing all hope that the next update happen one day. No one know, and no one really care. But, more important, they don't feel the need to say what are their thoughts, and to repeat it day after day, like you are doing. They are acting like the adults they are.

There's also two/three for who there's no doubts. They are like you, convinced that the said update will never happen. And you know what ? It's their right.
But do you see them arguing for days ? Do you see them systematically act like if they were the depository of the unique truth, like you do ? No, they don't.
Unlike you, they don't try to convince people who clearly know better than them, because seeing their pledge being frozen and having seen firsthand what Notty effectively do, that they are blind and lured. They don't do it because they are adult. They know that it would be useless and stupid, that it would make them looks like an idiot and nothing else.

It's your attitude, not what you say, that is, and have always been, the issue. Near to nobody care what are your thought regarding Notty, the game and the update. What people care about, what they reproach you, are the way you are using this thread to have the attention you're missing in life.

I find it rather strange how some people here still act as if everything is fine and you just need more patience.
Have you really read anything that have been said to you ?
You were answered to this, oh, of course not necessarily directly, but you were answered to this: We. Are. Adults.

It's all there's to know, really. It's just a game, there's no life in play, there's no emergency or whatever. It will come when it will come, period.
By the way, no one said that everything is fine. Notty having her car crash is not fine. We just say that life made it that way, and that we all, Notty first, deal with what life decided.

Remember, updates are the only reliable way to see if something is progressing.
Look at you, once again forgetting what four (five?) different persons told you last week.
We've seen what Notty is doing, and it's an indicator of the progression as strong as an update.

This has just as little value as the "dog that ate the homework". :ROFLMAO:
Except that the teacher will believe you if you present him the chewing piece of paper, like we believe Notty because she make her patrons preview part of what she worked on.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I don't know where you live, but in the free world, you don't have to pay money to be allowed to express your opinion. If not here, where else should we openly and fairly discuss the fact that something went wrong with the development of this game?

Sometimes I really think some people here don't even want to look honestly at how bad the progress of this game is. However, the realization that something is going wrong is ultimately a necessary prerequisite for being able to improve something. After 18 months without an update, this should be clear to everyone here.
You can also sign up in her forum and tell her your concerns first-hand, since she's not active here anymore. It's free.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Damn another game with beautiful faces getting abandoned. I have seem my share of ugly graphics getting update after update..
Don't loose hope, oh beautiful faces lover.

The game is marked as abandoned only because the update take a lot of time to be released.
And the update take a lot of time to be released because Notty, the author, have been injured due to a car crash near to one year ago. But she's fine now and working on the game.

The update is more delayed than usual, but you'll continue to have your fair share of beautiful faces.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Don't loose hope, oh beautiful faces lover.

The game is marked as abandoned only because the update take a lot of time to be released.
And the update take a lot of time to be released because Notty, the author, have been injured due to a car crash near to one year ago. But she's fine now and working on the game.

The update is more delayed than usual, but you'll continue to have your fair share of beautiful faces.
This story seems to be your general explanation here. But such an accident can explain only a fraction of the now over 18 months since the last update. The rest is, as with some other developers here, a lot of hot air.

I think the probability is high that the development has really been stopped, or has become so minor, so to speak, that it is negligible. You should not give people here false hope. If the game catches up again, that's good, but it's not very likely.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
She already stated that she messed up with the code, because Ren'Py isn't done to do what she is trying to do; this is why I think she should switch to Unity.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You know it's ironic chris is my favourite charcter but i can't romance her because i'm a man damn my cis male body lol
Also she is married and i wouldn't want to be one of those guys.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes