Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019
it is sad and it is just how it is. the game is heavily moded and it is not as optimized itself, test it with lowest graphic settings with no bloom, dof, AA.. etc, also turn off graphic mod or DHH from InitSetting.exe before running the game. also run in full screen mode, lower the resolution if you must. other people with lower computer specs even have crashes due to lack of memory.

what repack version are you using? did you upgrade your repack to another version lately? this was a problem with HS2 R5, it should be fixed if you have HS2 DX R1 or higher the bones framework 1.4.1 is already included with it.
I tried with the lowest setting possible and got like 22 fps but at that point, the game is simply losses its charm which is really sad because i really wanted to try this type of game i guess i will just look for something else.

• Sad
Reactions: hun hunter

Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019
If it is actually stopping after you close the diagnostic messages window, then there is a problem and you should try downloading again. If it continues once that window is closed, it isn't the file. I get this every time I update and it continues once I close the diagnostic messages window, so that's why I added that part.

My game works fine, full 60 FPS at all times. The game that was not optimized was AI Shoujo, not Honey Select 2. They run on the same engine, but are not the same game. Graphics mods will definitely have a major impact on the frame rate, so I suggest turning those off as well. I do believe this is a hardware issue, or lack thereof in this case. More specifically, the user having the issue, Silver2301 in this particular case, is not using a machine with enough power behind it. 8GB of RAM is probably the absolute minimum this game will run on properly and you will have less frames in the process of running it than others, like my 24GB of overkill. Not sure about the i5, maybe the current gen i5s, maybe even those are still too weak, but mine has a 6th gen i7 and that handles it very well on top of having three browsers, three open folders, three text documents, and my video player all open in the background at the same time, which all take some of the processor. 4GB of VRAM, yikes, really not sure on this one, I have 6GB and that also works well. It sounds to me like Silver has the absolute minimum in all aspects that he divulged, so I would definitely turn down the graphics settings in game. I am in no way trying to be mean or agressive, I'm just being blunt and straightforward, so sorry if that is a bit too harsh Silver2301.
I guess then someone should update the FAQ since the recommended specs mentioned here is what I have already (8gb ram,i5 8th gen,4gb vram) its really misleading smh.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I tried with the lowest setting possible and got like 22 fps but at that point, the game is simply losses its charm which is really sad because i really wanted to try this type of game i guess i will just look for something else.
I guess then someone should update the FAQ since the recommended specs mentioned here is what I have already (8gb ram,i5 8th gen,4gb vram) its really misleading smh.
Those are the absolute minimum recommended, which means you won't be able to play at full graphics. At least you got up to 22 frames, so it is playable on your machine at least and isn't a slideshow.

damn this confirms my theory then. it has to do with either br or the base xyth24 is using is outdated.
Probably the latter, STN keeps the repack as up to date as possible at the time he compiles each version.

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
how to change the size of the penis in the maker?
I have read the is a plugin but I cant find it.
and how to accellerate the camera in the studio? when I use the keyboard for moving around is very slow

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
and how to accellerate the camera in the studio? when I use the keyboard for moving around is very slow
Don't use the keyboard, use the mouse.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
got it. but is strange, only with hs2 give me this problem. kk studio have a good speed
They are using a newer variant of the Unity engine in this case and it is a slightly different studio than what Koikatsu has. The AI Shoujo studio is different from Koikatsu as well.

Vreejack

Oct 7, 2018
Any idea why I cannot get past the splash screens for the game and for Studio? The latter just hangs and has to be forced off. There's nothing obvious in the output log.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
the system requirements suggested by illusion are . but as you can see, it may look pretty comparable for the first glance (it really should), they even recommended intel and CPUs and a lower line for GPUs from nvidia and ATI, not sure what you have. but this is why i said it is not well optimized, somebody may have other hardware than yours with similar specs and may run the game better. we also have mods, you may be using a 4k skin or some modder is including a very detailed bump map or other texture maps on a clothing and you load them on a character without noticing, not to mention expensive shaders and lighting mods, so mods are not optimized for every hardware setup as well.

but there are few other things may cause fps drop that learned by trouble shooting in this thread and you may try:

-first of all make sure your game is not too long and complicated, copy the game in to a single nested folder on a drive. ex."D:\HS2\"
-somebody here on this thread once had a problem with fps caused by the system time zone being set to another location and got the problem fixed by correcting it. reference.
-if you are using AMD cpus, try making a back up of those files and remove them from their directories "lib_burst_generated.dll from HoneySelect2_Data/Plugins and StudioNEOV2_Data/Plugins" reference.
-if you have an MSI GPU and using afterburner, turn it off before running the game. the riva tuner is known to caus problems with directX applications. reference.
-if none of the above worked, you may want to consider finding a vanilla game or vanillify the repack game you have and test it without any mods included. if you are going to do this, make a copy of the game folder and test it there leaving the original as a back up.
copied from STN's notes:
Code:
[B]WANT A VANILLA PACK?[/B]
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
1. Remove only translation, leaving the rest of the mods intact
2. Remove all BetterRapack Extras
4. Remove all BetterRepack Extras, mods and translation
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!
i wish you luck.

you can change the penis size by selecting a character from work space then go to "anime>current state>scroll down to penis size". i heard that if you are using the very latest better penetration version of the plugin this feature is no longer available, please keep that in mind. .
1608126923365.png

to change the speed of the camera, go to "system>settings" you can change the X/Y speed sliders changes the rotation speed for both keyboard and mouse. the camera movement speed controls how the camera tracks in and out using mouse i think? not sure but i prefer leaving it low at 1.00.
1608127556761.png
while the max allowed bu the studio is 4, you can override it by exiting the studio and go to "game folder/userdata/studio" and open the "option.xml" file and edit the speed values as desired.
1608127516491.png
1608127724984.png

Any idea why I cannot get past the splash screens for the game and for Studio? The latter just hangs and has to be forced off. There's nothing obvious in the output log.
take a look on the trouble shooting ideas at the beginning of this post, it maybe help with this issue.

ermousa

Dec 17, 2018
HS2-DX English Translations v1

English Fan Translation for both Honey Select 2 and also for the expansion DX

Finally, an official fan translation release! This is a community package maintained by GitHub's HS2-Translation project and #translation channel in . Everyone can contribute :D

INSTALLATION:
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!!!
1) Update HS2_TextResourceRedirector.v1.4.3.1.zip (without it translations in VIP lobby will be wrong):
2) Delete the "en" folder in BepInEx\Translation\en (otherwise old translation will conflict with the new one).
3) Download the translations bellow (HS2-DX_English_Translations_v1.zip), extract BepInEx to the game folder (where HoneySelect2.exe is) and overwrite:
DOWNLAOD LINK:

Recommended plugins:
4) HS2_TranslationHelper.v1.0.zip (Translate japanese card names in the right way, instead of thigs like "Karen Avocado"):
5) TranslationHelper Names Small (most common jap names from Illusion Uploader RIP):

About this package:
This package is a mix of human and machine translations. Text that don’t have human translations such as subtitles were translated using Google Translator and some bugs were addressed manually. Don't expect quality from machine translations.

Currently only 9,7% of all text are human translated so please contribute! To help increase this number access and read the instructions.
Coordinate with other translators on the #translation channel to learn more.

CHANGELOG
v1: Initial release

CONTRIBUTORS: GeBo, SpockBauru, IchigoNight, dingilizweand, M-5421, ManlyMarco, MessyMessiDown2 and more!

If installed correctly, the services screen in the new VIP Lobby should be translated like this:
View attachment 886201
"BDSM"

its says the girl dominates you XD, and thats ok for me!
BUT I don't like the pain torture, just pleasure torture is fine..... its like you fuck the girl sensless but vice versa

• Haha
Reactions: hun hunter

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
the system requirements suggested by illusion are . but as you can see, it may look pretty comparable for the first glance (it really should), they even recommended intel and CPUs and a lower line for GPUs from nvidia and ATI, not sure what you have. but this is why i said it is not well optimized, somebody may have other hardware than yours with similar specs and may run the game better. we also have mods, you may be using a 4k skin or some modder is including a very detailed bump map or other texture maps on a clothing and you load them on a character without noticing, not to mention expensive shaders and lighting mods, so mods are not optimized for every hardware setup as well.

but there are few other things may cause fps drop that learned by trouble shooting in this thread and you may try:

-first of all make sure your game is not too long and complicated, copy the game in to a single nested folder on a drive. ex."D:\HS2\"
-somebody here on this thread once had a problem with fps caused by the system time zone being set to another location and got the problem fixed by correcting it. reference.
-if you are using AMD cpus, try making a back up of those files and remove them from their directories "lib_burst_generated.dll from HoneySelect2_Data/Plugins and StudioNEOV2_Data/Plugins" reference.
-if you have an MSI GPU and using afterburner, turn it off before running the game. the riva tuner is known to caus problems with directX applications. reference.
-if none of the above worked, you may want to consider finding a vanilla game or vanillify the repack game you have and test it without any mods included. if you are going to do this, make a copy of the game folder and test it there leaving the original as a back up.
copied from STN's notes:
Code:
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!
i wish you luck.

you can change the penis size by selecting a character from work space then go to "anime>current state>scroll down to penis size". i heard that if you are using the very latest better penetration version of the plugin this feature is no longer available, please keep that in mind. .
View attachment 943653

to change the speed of the camera, go to "system>settings" you can change the X/Y speed sliders changes the rotation speed for both keyboard and mouse. the camera movement speed controls how the camera tracks in and out using mouse i think? not sure but i prefer leaving it low at 1.00.
View attachment 943680
while the max allowed bu the studio is 4, you can override it by exiting the studio and go to "game folder/userdata/studio" and open the "option.xml" file and edit the speed values as desired.
View attachment 943679
View attachment 943683

take a look on the trouble shooting ideas at the beginning of this post, it maybe help with this issue.
That isn't an optimization problem. An optimization problem is something like in AI Shoujo, where no matter what your specs are, you won't get more than 25 FPS. Optimization is a software issue, the problem in this case is likely a hardware issue or settings issue in the operating system, like the old Illusion games needing the locale to be set to Japanese to run properly. The specs recommended are the absolute minimum they suggest, which means you won't get full performance out of them either way. You have to have better to get at least acceptable performance. Now, I have never run a vanilla game and mods do tend to raise the minimum by quite a bit, especially ones like DHH, so it could also be that.

get error while extracting the file after download
any solution?
Everyone is getting an error at that point. It is likely just your extraction software acting up, so try updating it. If it keeps extracting when you close the error window, it is just the extraction program being stupid, if it stops after that, try downloading the game again.

Reactions: Great_Old_One

phantrucdiep

Oct 12, 2017
If i want to install character mods so i must download both "All-in-one" and "Modpack 52GB" or just the "All-in-one" enough? I needn't many character mods, i only use what I like, a few of them. Does "All-in-one" have all the plugins needed for character mods? :unsure::unsure::unsure: Sorry for my bad Eng... :(

Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019

copied from STN's notes:
Code:
i wish you luck.

View attachment 943653

View attachment 943680
View attachment 943679
View attachment 943683

Wow thanks a lot changing the game folder name to HS2 actually gave me an increase of 8 fps (a total of 30 fps now)so now I can actually play the game (>_<)although all the girls look really dark now i think i can manage thx again.

RayePappens

Jun 9, 2020
Quick question, I'm using ScrewThisNoise RePack r4, and theres a folder called "optional mods" with a note inside saying to copy to game root to enable. What exactly does that mean? Are these mods not enabled by default in the repack? Should I transfer the folders inside the "optional mods" to the actual "mods" folder to enable?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is there a mod to tweak "Dependence Status"??
I don't even know how to max that thing..
Basically don't do anything to them during H scenes. With the right personality settings, this will increase dependence. You can use the Cheat Tools mod to tweak any of their statuses, but you have to be in an H scene to use it.

Wow thanks a lot changing the game folder name to HS2 actually gave me an increase of 8 fps (a total of 30 fps now)so now I can actually play the game (>_<)although all the girls look really dark now i think i can manage thx again.
So that was an issue, glad to hear you got it up.

Quick question, I'm using ScrewThisNoise RePack r4, and theres a folder called "optional mods" with a note inside saying to copy to game root to enable. What exactly does that mean? Are these mods not enabled by default in the repack? Should I transfer the folders inside the "optional mods" to the actual "mods" folder to enable?
root = where the exe for the game is. No, they are called optional because they are not enabled by default. No, you copy them where it says to copy them. abdata folders go to where the game's abdata folder is, BepInEx folders go to where the game's BepInEx folder is, and so on. Every optional mod I've seen goes to the same place, to the root. Also, it must be copied at the first folder of the mod being installed that matches a folder in the game already.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes