Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Is there an up to date application that extracts character files from scenes?

There's this character I really like the look of, a curvaceous but sweet looking blonde (I don't usually even like blondes but the creator did a great job), I've made a few scenes with her which is fortunate since the character file has completely disappeared from my PC. I can only speculate as to how this could've happened.

I already tried StudioCharaReader and WaifuRipper 1.0. Long story short both resulted in no final result, as they appear to be functioning right up until the critical step where I click to extract and nothing happens. StudioCharaReader at least gives me a message box to confirm I clicked the button and creates a folder for the output, there's just no output. Tried them both on Koikatsu as well just to make sure, same lack of result.

I'm would just post one of the scenes I've made with this character and see if anybody still has a file of her or knows where she can be found (the illusioncards image board seems not to have it), but this is only my 2nd post on these forums so don't think I'm really allowed to do that yet. Also, seems like too much of an ask to expect somebody else to track the character down, so I'm just hoping somebody might know where a working version of a helpful utility can be found. My own searches have thus far been fruitless, nothing but out of date results, suppose that's my fault for still relying on google.
There is a character exporter plugin. It may be an optional one that you have to set up - I don't remember.
Go to Options, Plug In Settings, then scroll down to Character Export and Enable it.
Then Ctrl E will export all characters in a scene.

Reactions: turbojoe
Jun 26, 2022
Is there an up to date application that extracts character files from scenes?

There's this character I really like the look of, a curvaceous but sweet looking blonde (I don't usually even like blondes but the creator did a great job), I've made a few scenes with her which is fortunate since the character file has completely disappeared from my PC. I can only speculate as to how this could've happened.

I already tried StudioCharaReader and WaifuRipper 1.0. Long story short both resulted in no final result, as they appear to be functioning right up until the critical step where I click to extract and nothing happens. StudioCharaReader at least gives me a message box to confirm I clicked the button and creates a folder for the output, there's just no output. Tried them both on Koikatsu as well just to make sure, same lack of result.

I'm would just post one of the scenes I've made with this character and see if anybody still has a file of her or knows where she can be found (the illusioncards image board seems not to have it), but this is only my 2nd post on these forums so don't think I'm really allowed to do that yet. Also, seems like too much of an ask to expect somebody else to track the character down, so I'm just hoping somebody might know where a working version of a helpful utility can be found. My own searches have thus far been fruitless, nothing but out of date results, suppose that's my fault for still relying on google.
There's StudioExtract and it works well. It's somewhere in net but can't remember where I got it from so I'll share it here.
View attachment StudioExtract_win.zip
I wouldn't mind for you to share the scene card too.

Stromko

Dec 28, 2018
So I found the character export mod on the list of mods included with the repack, I guess this explains why I was having such a hard time finding a working one on its own if most of us who play this game with mods already have a working one. I was worried at first because it was only giving me some unusable files that were a quarter the usual size, but when I opened them in the main game's editor I see everything is saved as it should be. Thanks!

Thanks everyone the quick replies, and since somebody asked I'll share a scene that has this girl in it. Hopefully someone will find the character (or her partner) interesting or enjoy lesbianism to make it worth the trouble, and hopefully it's not too off-topic! Apologies for the lack of polish, I didn't want to manually adjust certain limbs that are clipping slightly, because it took away too much animation, and I don't know how to make character voices start automatically. I'd like to start using Timeline editor at some point but I can't figure out how to start or sync up the voices with it so I can't see how I'd use it for the purposes I'd have in mind.

2023_0217_1356_52_032.png

mycommry

Sep 14, 2020
Hi guyss, just wanna ask something :D

My Studio Neo suddenly kinda slowed down when the character renders, even though i made a bit 'intricate' scene with lots of objects, it wont slow down, but just add one character, it might slowed down like 50 percent, I havent made any adjustments, and i ran through system check on my pc, and it all looks fine, kinda bit confused since this is the first time ever happened. Any suggestions guys?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So I found the character export mod on the list of mods included with the repack, I guess this explains why I was having such a hard time finding a working one on its own if most of us who play this game with mods already have a working one. I was worried at first because it was only giving me some unusable files that were a quarter the usual size, but when I opened them in the main game's editor I see everything is saved as it should be. Thanks!

Thanks everyone the quick replies, and since somebody asked I'll share a scene that has this girl in it. Hopefully someone will find the character (or her partner) interesting or enjoy lesbianism to make it worth the trouble, and hopefully it's not too off-topic! Apologies for the lack of polish, I didn't want to manually adjust certain limbs that are clipping slightly, because it took away too much animation, and I don't know how to make character voices start automatically. I'd like to start using Timeline editor at some point but I can't figure out how to start or sync up the voices with it so I can't see how I'd use it for the purposes I'd have in mind.

View attachment 2398357
Hi guyss, just wanna ask something :D

My Studio Neo suddenly kinda slowed down when the character renders, even though i made a bit 'intricate' scene with lots of objects, it wont slow down, but just add one character, it might slowed down like 50 percent, I havent made any adjustments, and i ran through system check on my pc, and it all looks fine, kinda bit confused since this is the first time ever happened. Any suggestions guys?
You both should pay attention to these threads
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/page-62
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/page-27

VeryGoodG0y

Mar 14, 2022
i know this is hs2 thread but frankly i prefer hs1 much more. only thing that bothers me are some enviroment low res textures. perhaps some1 here got mod to fix those or tool to fix it myself?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i know this is hs2 thread but frankly i prefer hs1 much more. only thing that bothers me are some enviroment low res textures. perhaps some1 here got mod to fix those or tool to fix it myself?
Sry - I have no help for you, but a question: why do you want to stick at HS1?

I will not query your preference, but did you ever read the first paragraph from here ?
"If you are coming from Honey Select 1"
Here you can see all the significant improvements of HS2 DX, especially the Graphical and Physical ones.

And not to forget: you have this forum on F95 with useful threads like this one or https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-687

Reactions: Velcrofly

VeryGoodG0y

Mar 14, 2022
Sry - I have no help for you, but a question: why do you want to stick at HS1?

I will not query your preference, but did you ever read the first paragraph from here ?
"If you are coming from Honey Select 1"
Here you can see all the significant improvements of HS2 DX, especially the Graphical and Physical ones.

And not to forget: you have this forum on F95 with useful threads like this one or https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-687
the reasons;

1)i dont like how fake and plastic renders feels most of the time (judging from hs2 pics and ai shoujo)
i do use modded ai shoujo which uses almost same engine and while sometimes game looks better in certain lighting its not always the case.
2)the doa bitches mods for hs2/ai look off.
the hs1 roy mods are perfect, for ai/hs2 they look off to me except tina and helena that seem close enough.
and since i cant do much good with weeb sliders mods are where its at
3)i have not seen a single new position in any screenshot from hs2
ai shoujo has like 3 or 5 more enviromental postions compared to hs1 and they are mostly not that great, i have not seen more in hs2
if there were good 3some animations in hs2 that would be worth it but i have not seen them and was told there are none
4)ridiculous size, my modded to the tit skyrim does not take 90 gigs
5)hassle to install all the mods and set first person mod
6)it seems that small hands bug is transient in hs2 and ai shoujo
it looks ridiculous its like protagonist hands are of 4 year old really shows in tit grabbing animations
u cant make em much bigger and they glitch, looks horrible in pov
7)their facial expressions seems worse

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
the reasons;

1)i dont like how fake and plastic renders feels most of the time (judging from hs2 pics and ai shoujo)
i do use modded ai shoujo which uses almost same engine and while sometimes game looks better in certain lighting its not always the case.
the hs1 roy mods are perfect, for ai/hs2 they look off to me except tina and helena that seem close enough.
ai shoujo has like 3 or 5 more enviromental postions compared to hs1 and they are mostly not that great, i have not seen more in hs2
if there were good 3some animations in hs2 that would be worth it but i have not seen them and was told there are none
it looks ridiculous its like protagonist hands are of 4 year old really shows in tit grabbing animations
Each to their own. I feel similar about HS1 and think HS2 is a massive improvement. But I guess it's down to personal preferences and the time one puts into getting a game right for them (mods, settings, etc).

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
the reasons;

Thanks for argumenting your motivation.

As I sayed it´s your decision, I do not want to PR for HS2, but belonging point 3) you´re definitely misinformed.
If you´ve read the Wiki I´ve linked you there are 140 positions mentioned for HS2 - you have also in HS1?
And for threesome look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10064749

And belonging the size: frequently discussed here, but you should take into account that an AAA game has a high developed engine which handle the main files in compressed packs like Skyrims bsa files.

Reactions: M0med27

VeryGoodG0y

Mar 14, 2022
3) you´re definitely misinformed.
If you´ve read the Wiki I´ve linked you there are 140 positions mentioned for HS2 - you have also in HS1?
And for threesome look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10064749
well i think 80% of those, or more, are either in ai shoujo, in hs1 or in both. the thing is most of those 3some especially in ai shoujo/hs2 are not made for pov (like bitch siting on your face blocking the view) which makes em worthless to me.

i would much rather shitload of double blowjobs animations or perhaps titjob while bitches making out etc.
cause this looks almost same as hs1 double bj....

i think the size problem cause is that there is lot of imo not great weeb outfit content/clutter. i dont like compressed archives, they are nuisance to work with; most of stuff is unpacked in my skyrim. as long as textures have some compression not much size difference.

btw did they cut out tentacle stuff in hs2?

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
i have the same problem
help
It's odd that the problem just seems to be with Fur. So rest of game and Studio works OK?
I have not had this problem with v10 or 11 (or to my knowledge any earlier versions).

What is your game directory called & where is it located?
The longer and deeper, the more problems you are likely to experience. Also there are some views that storing it on c:\ can cause issues.
Mine is in D:\STNHS2DX11\

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
there's no solution there, just giving up and trying elsewhere or elsehow
Ok - to end this I tested this event by myself (didn´t before) and it´s running without issues in my fully modded and updated R11.

So the question is what´s wrong with your install.
What version you have?
Is your main game folder on top of a drive (better not C:/, e.g. D:/HS2)?

Edit: Velcro was quicker and wrote his answer while I was testing ;)

Feb 3, 2022
hi. just throwing out some very random Q's. it's sunday and i'm a bit bored. lol

1. can i rename cards thru windows explorer or would that cause problems/corrupt the card?

2. what happens if you use the Plugin to up the limit to the max number of models in a group? how would that even work with the number of rooms available?

3. i know there is a way to modify the penis size. what about the testicles?

4. can more rooms be added to the main game?

5. any sites or threads that are for Coordinate only?

6. sometimes after loading a character in either maker or main game, sometimes afterwards in other scenes or different creation you can see clothing/accessories from the previous model? it's like a "ghost" or something like that. ha.

7. can the folder windows within maker and main game be resized? the ones that point the male/female models, coordinate folders etc etc.

8. what about you guys? how are you guys doing?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
hi. just throwing out some very random Q's. it's sunday and i'm a bit bored. lol

1. can i rename cards thru windows explorer or would that cause problems/corrupt the card?

2. what happens if you use the Plugin to up the limit to the max number of models in a group? how would that even work with the number of rooms available?

3. i know there is a way to modify the penis size. what about the testicles?

4. can more rooms be added to the main game?

5. any sites or threads that are for Coordinate only?

6. sometimes after loading a character in either maker or main game, sometimes afterwards in other scenes or different creation you can see clothing/accessories from the previous model? it's like a "ghost" or something like that. ha.

7. can the folder windows within maker and main game be resized? the ones that point the male/female models, coordinate folders etc etc.

8. what about you guys? how are you guys doing?
I'll answer what I can
1. You can rename the card in windows explorer. It won't cause a problem (or never has for me) provided you keep the .png extension. However the wondows explorer name won't reflect in the game.

2. If I recall correctly you can increase the number of groups to about 20 and the girls per group to 99.
I don't know what affect it has regarding the number of rooms available. Presumable this is for roaming un teh game rather than calling a girl. Maybe more rooms are populated with girls.

3. don't know

4. Not to my knowledge. I think some cane be opened up via rewards but you can't (I think) add rooms. In Studio you can add all the rooms your computer will cope with.

5. Illusion Discord server has a separate coordinates thread. Some are shared on Kenzato Booru and Yuki Portal and Kemono Party.

6. no idea

7. not to my knowledge

8. I'm good. Still awake into the small hours of the morning here.

Harkeodl

May 30, 2019
It's odd that the problem just seems to be with Fur. So rest of game and Studio works OK?
I have not had this problem with v10 or 11 (or to my knowledge any earlier versions).

What is your game directory called & where is it located?
The longer and deeper, the more problems you are likely to experience. Also there are some views that storing it on c:\ can cause issues.
Mine is in D:\STNHS2DX11\
Ok - to end this I tested this event by myself (didn´t before) and it´s running without issues in my fully modded and updated R11.

So the question is what´s wrong with your install.
What version you have?
Is your main game folder on top of a drive (better not C:/, e.g. D:/HS2)?

Edit: Velcro was quicker and wrote his answer while I was testing ;)
aside some two-girl cutscenes putting the camera in the head of both girls who are in the same place for some reason, everything works fine
i haven't tested studio at all
i have R10
D:\Sramza\Honey Select 2

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes