Tikita

Oct 11, 2019
What a weird dilemna !

Usually, I have no issue with VN with a heavy focus on the writing part, I got only praises or admiration for well-written jobs but here I feel like the more than abundant text is breaking my immersion instead of reinforcing it. My feeling is that I literally spend hours reading not only internal thoughts but also descriptions of anything from the smallest detail to more general things and then you have the story side too, which keeps getting interrupted by those walls of not-so-relevant information. The number of clicks I had to go through was exhausting to me. I believe there must be a middle ground to reach some good dynamic in a VN.

Honestly, I think the author must be spending a huuuuuge amount of time coming up with all those lines, while the story could progress more consistently without most of it. I mean the writing style would be perfectly adequate if you're writing a book format style, it helps pin down to your vision the imagination of your reader, but for a VN, again in my own opinion, you should spare yourself from overdoing it and let the renders do the talking for you instead. I feel like the writer wants to do the thinking for me or doesn't trust the guy playing to reach his conclusions. And since the rendering part is really one of the great things here, I believe the creator could make his life simpler just by relying more on them. Pictures can express something on their own and you don't have to add your input at everything, pointing out every evident detail. Just stick to the major features and trust the art to do the rest of the work for you. Again, just my vision of the thing, others might like it but I definitely don't.

Otherwise, if I focus on the story I believe it's something interesting, walking this grey/dark area with heavy choices (still have to see if there are any real consequences though).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I still feel like there should have been something in-between the depressed billionaire phase and those drastic measures only a real asshole could take, just to give a taste of what his job truly entails before it comes to that decision, probably related to my first complaint though, meaning too much time spent on details instead of making deeper character progression.

Minor detail but looking at the length of the prologue, there should be more than one soundtrack while at it. Also, I'm a bit confused about how you survive multiple gun wounds including headshots. I truly hope the story will stay grounded in harsh reality. Maybe a little research on crime conglomerate and avoiding the boot of the law should be in order to keep things real enough. Oh and the 4 to 6 flashing white screens when climax almost had me throw a seizure (i played in a dark environment).

To put things in perspective, I've been criticizing a lot but only because I see potential here. I'll check the next versions since the characters, the story, and the moral choices made me curious about the direction it will take.

Good luck !

Hmong-sama

Jan 3, 2019
Man, this game is awesome! Can't wait to see more!
My original run of course is likely evil (with the course of sharing and exhibitionism). Don't worry, I'm gonna try love route in a different save file. Sometimes, I just can't leave one hanging. Unless it's a gallery thing lol ... like uhh Deliverance (evil route--hero route is original) for example.

Reactions: Kinky Shop

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The constant wiping of saves from old versions is getting a bit tiring now. The dev should look at other Renpy projects here to see how they can update old saves to new code. This project has been here for more than a year now and has gone through a number of revisions. You would think that the author would have a solid story arc and cemented major plot points by now that would preclude any major disruption of program logic. Even so, other devs have done a process of asking simple questions of the reader when they introduce new variables that were not defined in old saves.

Dealing with this constant restart process has caused me to focus on the questions asked at the beginning about enabling trans content and sharing. The questions are phrased the "wrong" way causing the "yes" answers to be mapped to disabling and the "no" answers to be associated with enabling the content. This is a tactic commonly used to frame "trick" questions on things like forms and college entrance exams. It causes a cognitive dissonance that can make the user answer the wrong way to what they may have wanted.

This:

Code:
    show text "This game features transwoman content. It's completely avoidable through in-game decisions, even when this option is turned on." with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

show text "But you can disable this content right now if you wish to." with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

show text "Do you want to turn off any transexual content? (You will not be asked again)" with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

menu:

"Yes, please (No transwoman content will be shown).":
            $renpy.pause(0.6, hard=False)
            $TransContentON = False

"No, thank you (Transwoman content will be present in the game).":
            $TransContentON = True
should be rewritten as this:

Code:
    show text "This game features transwoman content. It's completely avoidable through in-game decisions, even when this option is turned on." with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

show text "But you can disable this content right now if you wish to." with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

show text "Do you want to turn on any transexual content? (You will not be asked again)" with dissolve
    ""
    hide text with dissolve

menu:

"Yes, please (Transwoman content will be shown).":
            $TransContentON = True

"No, thank you (Transwoman content will not be shown.":
            $TransContentON = False
The same treatment should happen to the sharing question asked next.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Mimas

Oct 23, 2018
Décevant, Beaucoup d'écran noir, très peu d'animation, histoire vraiment barbante voir incompréhensible, très déçu, je passe c'est pas pour moi, même si à première vue il avait l'air très beau...

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
I think dev forgot to remove the jump ending_message here (if DLove >= 5 ... else) in 9-V-0.4.2.rpy (and possibly in the below else as well)
1624583930994.png
I seem to have missed a chunk of the story... Who's Danna & Arnold? how, when did they meet?
I wonder if i didn't turn off sharing at the beginning would have made a difference. Also seem the entire label chapter4 is all sharing path...

Last edited:

maximus_841

Nov 15, 2020
Here's my unofficial android port of Life Happened v0.4.2 with IAmAB Cheat & Gallery Mod

Download

[/QUOTE]
Here's my unofficial android port of Life Happened v0.4.2 with IAmAB Cheat & Gallery Mod

Download

Blank screen and mucic stops (game crashed) after typing in the name and going 4 clicks forward.

Gojin20

Oct 7, 2019
life happened... I have to stop playing for tonight, but for a game with an animation tag... there are 0 animations so far. I will admit that I am on the prolog, but damn is the prolog long. And there are 0 animations so far during some of the most important parts. The MC losing his v-card, the main girl losing her v-card (which is the point at which the mc makes his daughter... I think). The prolog just seems like a very long, well-written (I was laughing at the jokes), slide show. Getting to the "game" part just seems like a task so far. It's a fun read so far.

Reactions: Mimas

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I'm supposedly on the Danna love route, but after the phonecall with the Elusive broker, the game ends. Of course I played from fresh because my save games had to fucked again for some reason beyond me. Is this supposed to happen or what?

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I'm supposedly on the Danna love route, but after the phonecall with the Elusive broker, the game ends. Of course I played from fresh because my save games had to fucked again for some reason beyond me. Is this supposed to happen or what?
If your game ends there, then you are not on the love route. You are probably on the lust route.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I want to enjoy the game but i can't any more.

The earlier versions were readable and not headache inducing when it came to lighting and blur. Version 4.2's UI change (last played was 2.0) is obnoxious and the menu choices are in a transparent grey that is almost inperceptible especially when pared with the abundance of blur and weird lighting choices. I have no idea how hard it would be to have a classic menu or even a generic non-chicken scribble name change with clean and readable fonts but that would go a long way.

Reactions: JimMorrison19

Kinky Shop

Life Happened dev.
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
That's kinda fucked up then because I only made a single lust choice, the rest were all love.
To access the love route present in this update, the tag "ShareRoute" must be "False", and you gotta have at least 5 love points. You can achieve that by focusing on love choices from the start or, if you choose to go for the exhibitionism route at the beginning of Danna's first scene, you must repent and go back to the love route before the cunnilingus scene with the reverend. When back to the love route, focus on choosing love choices.
There is no error in the code. The "jump ending_message" is temporary and will be removed once the lust path is done.
Keep in mind that some lust choices will stop you from getting into some love choices that would give you enough points to access the love route present in this update.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 68 Votes