Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It would be nice if you could convert all the copper coins to gold and silver coins.
Gold and silver coins don't really do anything at this point. I'm planning to overhaul the money system once I introduce more things to use it on.

I don't know about that. I often forget to show my appreciate for your work in my haste to provide feedback.
It goes both ways. I don't show enough appreciation for the work you do, either.

It looks like repeating the boobjob is intended to increase like and love, but I think it is only increasing like. While I can parse the code, I'm not an expert on it, but I think it might be because of the ## in front of the love increase.
The boobjob originally did increase both, but I changed it when I modified Primrose's progression in this update. I figured that it makes little sense to have the most effective way of making her love you be to put your dick between her tits, fun as that may be.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Thanks Dev, a wonderful game so far. I've nearly done everything you can do in the current version. Can't wait for more!

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@Augustus Commodus Thx for walktrough in first place, but I have one problem. I have followed first walktrough I blv it was till 10.2 ver. or something like that and after this new update yours till end of current version, but I have didn't got some scenes with molesting Sammara and Nell. I have been caught both times by Sammara. Is it maybe bcs of new update or something else? By the way, can you please share your last save to check some things with my save. Thx in advance.
You have to limit the number of things you do or you will get caught every time. Perversity only goes to level 4 right now which is not high enough to not get caught. When you got to Samara's tent at night only do things with one of them per visit. Also your magic skills are not high enough to do much and your agility needs to be higher to do much. Those 3 abilities work together to give you a little more time with them. As I already said you will always without warning if you stay too long in the tent at night. Remember that Belle leaves when you enter the tent unlike with Primrose or Evelyn where she warns you that they are about to wake up.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The gallery is unrelated to your saves, so it has no idea what you've named your character. I might look into making some way for you to enter a custom name for gallery scenes, but it's not a high priority.
A thought - save the name in the persistent file, then the gallery would have access to it. Since you could have different saves with different names, set the persistent name each time you load, so you'd use the name in the last loaded save.

Aug 15, 2017
@Augustus Commodus Thx for walktrough in first place, but I have one problem. I have followed first walktrough I blv it was till 10.2 ver. or something like that and after this new update yours till end of current version, but I have didn't got some scenes with molesting Sammara and Nell. I have been caught both times by Sammara. Is it maybe bcs of new update or something else? By the way, can you please share your last save to check some things with my save. Thx in advance.
The getting caught is intentional. Molesting Samarra and Nell works differently than the other girls. You have a set number of "action points" you can used, based on your agility. With the current maximum agility in the game, that's 11. Most actions you take use 1 action point, but some, such removing the covers or moving a girl, take more. When you reach 0, Samarra catches you. In a way, Samarra catching you the first time is a good thing, since you come to an understanding with her. Subsequent times, though, it does cause her opinion of you to lower. Still, since there isn't any followup to the sleep molestation yet, I decided to have you get caught both times so you could try every currently available action and to demonstrate how it works. If you don't want to get caught, just do one action less and chose to leave.
The boobjob originally did increase both, but I changed it when I modified Primrose's progression in this update. I figured that it makes little sense to have the most effective way of making her love you be to put your dick between her tits, fun as that may be.
That makes sense. On the other hand, people are strange, and it's sometimes weird what they'll assign importance to. It was the only sex act that had an affection gain, but Belle did comment on how it probably meant more to Primrose than we know, so I just figured it was meaningful to Primrose for reasons that made sense to Primrose.

May 8, 2018
The getting caught is intentional. Molesting Samarra and Nell works differently than the other girls. You have a set number of "action points" you can used, based on your agility. With the current maximum agility in the game, that's 11. Most actions you take use 1 action point, but some, such removing the covers or moving a girl, take more. When you reach 0, Samarra catches you. In a way, Samarra catching you the first time is a good thing, since you come to an understanding with her. Subsequent times, though, it does cause her opinion of you to lower. Still, since there isn't any followup to the sleep molestation yet, I decided to have you get caught both times so you could try every currently available action and to demonstrate how it works. If you don't want to get caught, just do one action less and chose to leave.
I'm asking because of this screenshot. I didn't have got those options even though I have agility, courage,... at currently max possible value in this version of game.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I'm asking because of this screenshot. I didn't have got those options even though I have agility, courage,... at currently max possible value in this version of game.
For me after trying several times I just started going to one side only and stopping after looking at a body part. Then I found a foolproof way to not get caught (just don't visit Samara's tent at night and I never get caught anymore). LOL

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Great game so far.. october is to far away... will have to donate asap to see i can help speed it up lol.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If MC gets into a relationship with Primrose won't that affect how he deals with other women particularly the princess?
It seems there is no way not to hurt Primrose, if you opt out of a relationship she gets hurt, if you get into one with her she'll get hurt when the MC completes the mission by seducing the princess. Not to mention leaving her for Belle after you get her human size(not actually an option) (as far as I know) (yet).

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
If MC gets into a relationship with Primrose won't that affect how he deals with other women particularly the princess?
It seems there is no way not to hurt Primrose, if you opt out of a relationship she gets hurt, if you get into one with her she'll get hurt when the MC completes the mission by seducing the princess. Not to mention leaving her for Belle after you get her human size(not actually an option) (as far as I know) (yet).
Well I think your thinking to much with big brain and not small brain. lol...
But primrose may get hurt and maybe not. If you are smooth and depending on how the story goes.. you may be able to manipulate the princess into giving you funding to support the library and then keep Primrose as a book worm mistress.
I expect to, with great effort, get the princess/Queen to a managable status and either marry her or become her Court Wizard or concubine or hell plain ole King.
I think the writer is doing great and hope he keeps it intelligent. Primrose may be hurt if you leave her but it is obvious that her FIRST love is books and knowledge.
As far as Belle that is simple. Learn the shrink spell, which has already been mentioned, and shrink yourself.. why make her big when you can become small. Being small to me has alot of great story paths. leads to sex with belle obviously but also the classics like running from cats while investigating quest X, getting captured by pixies and being their fuck toy since they have NEVER had a dick before.. god the story there could be a few updates.

Reactions: aaronburr
Aug 15, 2017
For me after trying several times I just started going to one side only and stopping after looking at a body part. Then I found a foolproof way to not get caught (just don't visit Samara's tent at night and I never get caught anymore). LOL
Oh, that. After you get caught, you should go home, and a scene with Belle should start. Those options refer to that scene. If that scene isn't triggering, I'll look into the code to see why it happens for me but not you. I'll also put something in the next version of the walkthrough to indicate that those are events happening at different locales.
Is there an updated walk-though for .12?
I posted an updated walkthrough for version 0.12.0 a few pages back. I also sent it to @jande21, but he has neither responded or updated the one in the OP. Maybe he's busy. If he hasn't gotten back to me in a day or 2, I'll resend it.

Reactions: Draakaap23

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Oh, that. After you get caught, you should go home, and a scene with Belle should start. Those options refer to that scene. If that scene isn't triggering, I'll look into the code to see why it happens for me but not you. I'll also put something in the next version of the walkthrough to indicate that those are events happening at different locales.
You are right the scene with Belle doesn't happen but not a big deal unless it's the scene where she want MC to lick her pussy. I get that all the time but usually reject her due to time constraints and it doesn't affect Belle's relationship. I just don't get it after getting caught and as I said I nver get caught anymore. LOL

Aug 15, 2017
Sorry. Meant to reply to @Idkanythingsmarter. I edited my last post to include his post, but I left yours. Thanks for letting me know about your experience, though. I probably should go code diving again to determine what affects that Belle scene trigger.

joypinse

May 5, 2018
whats strange even with the posted save and persistent where the samara scene is not in the gallery
u can still molest them following the walktrough and always get caught
can anyone provide a save right before this scene? thanks

Aug 15, 2017
@Belle, a couple of players have been gracious enough to provide me with their saves. While they aren't from right before Primrose asks Dickon to speak to her that night, some information can be gleaned. The first save is on day 47, the second on day 110. In the first one, it had a modified temporary love score of 1 and resulted in the FWB route. It looks like Primrose was not arrested, perverted is 4 and pushy is -6, so love was probably 5 when the event triggered. In the second one, it also had a modified temporary love score of 1 and resulted in the FWB route. The other variables are also the same, perverted at 4 and pushy at -6, indicating a love of 5 when the event triggered. I hope this is helpful. I hadn't considered it before, but that temp love variable is a valuable snapshot of the moment in question.

Also, I thought of another way you could gather data. Run a poll on Patreon. Usually, you use polls there to ask who is everyone's favorite character or something, but there's nothing that says you can't use it to gather data regarding player experience. You could ask whether or not Primrose was arrested and which route players got.
whats strange even with the posted save and persistent where the samara scene is not in the gallery
u can still molest them following the walktrough and always get caught
can anyone provide a save right before this scene? thanks
The only scene with Samarra in the gallery is the first time you train agility. I'm including a save, just in case. The save is at the stables, but you can just go to the lower training grounds, pay Samarra for agility training and get the scene.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
@Belle, a couple of players have been gracious enough to provide me with their saves. While they aren't from right before Primrose asks Dickon to speak to her that night, some information can be gleaned.
Here is one, immediately in moment when MC goes to library, and speaks with Primrose.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I hadn't considered it before, but that temp love variable is a valuable snapshot of the moment in question.
I hadn't considered that myself. Creating "snapshot" variables might be a useful thing for me to do in the future when I want to gather actual player data.

It's interesting to see that both examples ended up with the FWB route. Perhaps I made it too difficult to reach the girlfriend route? I suspected it was the other way around, but I might be completely off. This is for new games, of course. Reaching the girlfriend route is way too easy with existing saves from previous versions.

Also, I thought of another way you could gather data. Run a poll on Patreon. Usually, you use polls there to ask who is everyone's favorite character or something, but there's nothing that says you can't use it to gather data regarding player experience. You could ask whether or not Primrose was arrested and which route players got.
I'll probably run a poll about this kind of thing at some point, but I should probably wait until we have some distance from the event in question. Many players probably haven't played the update or aren't at that point, and many others are using existing saves. There is no rush to get these values right.

Aug 15, 2017
Here is one, immediately in moment when MC goes to library, and speaks with Primrose.
Thank you for the save.
I hadn't considered that myself. Creating "snapshot" variables might be a useful thing for me to do in the future when I want to gather actual player data.

It's interesting to see that both examples ended up with the FWB route. Perhaps I made it too difficult to reach the girlfriend route? I suspected it was the other way around, but I might be completely off. This is for new games, of course. Reaching the girlfriend route is way too easy with existing saves from previous versions.
In the third example that Thermophob graciously provided, Primrose was once again cleared before being arrested. The day is 42. Like is 33, love 18, perverted 1, pushy -1. This one should result in the girlfriend route. So, that's one for the girlfriend route. I'm kind of surprised how high pushy is. This indicates that Thermophob didn't read too much with Primrose or managed to get in a bit of a hole during stage one and then eroded it during stages two and three.

As you mentioned, there's no rush on it, and the data will probably be more valuable once you've introduced those obstacles you mentioned, but some preliminary data doesn't hurt.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes