firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
i thought some of the images in the game looked somewhat bad so i ran an ai upscaler in all of the .jpg of the game and downscaled it back to 1080p.
here's a comparison
ai upscaled
15 ai upscaled to 4k then back to 1080p.jpg
original
15 original.jpg

the image.rpa file went from 3gb to 5.5gb

Reactions: athreusclouds

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
With a denoise filter, you can obtain the same and the benefit, in terms of the time lost to do it, is really minimalist
what do you use to denoise pics?, but yea the improvement would be more apparent if i could have kept the resolution at 4k,
back on topic caroline is the best girl.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
what do you use to denoise pics?, but yea the improvement would be more apparent if i could have kept the resolution at 4k,
back on topic caroline is the best girl.
XnViewMP with the internal filters, it's enough, fast and can be used in a batch.

Pitshruss

Feb 18, 2020
just wondering, there is no sidra content on the game? it says that i finished her story even though i only spoke to her 2/3 times

athreusclouds

Oct 8, 2023
i thought some of the images in the game looked somewhat bad so i ran an ai upscaler in all of the .jpg of the game and downscaled it back to 1080p.
here's a comparison
ai upscaled
View attachment 3184295
original
View attachment 3184297

the image.rpa file went from 3gb to 5.5gb
So, if i understood correctly, the original 3,4 GB image.rpa can be replaced with your 5 GB image.rpa and the renderers in Milfy City ver. 1.0e will become the same as on your previews and the game will continue to work stably? No Ren'py errors, no missing backgrounds and etc?

If so, how much time did you spend on all this?
If so, i wanna look at what you did in my walkthrough.
If so, share archive with us when you have free time (gofile, pixeldrain, mega).
It would be wrong if such a huge work does not become public)

Last edited:

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
So, if i understood correctly, the original 3,4 GB image.rpa can be replaced with your 5 GB image.rpa and the renderers in Milfy City ver. 1.0e will become the same as on your previews and the game will continue to work stably? No Ren'py errors, no missing backgrounds and etc?

If so, how much time did you spend on all this?
If so, i wanna look at what you did in my walkthrough.
If so, share archive with us when you have free time (gofile, pixeldrain, mega). You can even divide it into 2 parts.
It would be wrong if such a huge work does not become public)
the upscaler i used has a bulk function that respects folder structure, so it wasn't labour intensive on my part,
the images.rpa file has 13k images, 3k being .png (mostly overlays) which i skipped, and 10k being .jpg mostly full screen images.
it took over 10 hours for the upscaler to finish, and the final 4k folder is around 11gb downscaled back to 1080p at 5.5gb,

i played for a few hours and there was no error on my end,

I'm uploading the image.rpa to gofile right now.

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
AI UPSCALE PATCH 10k images from 1080p to 4k back to 1080p

Instructions
replace old image.rpa for the new AND replace the files on the main game folder with the ones on the ZIP file in the link, otherwise the game will give an error when trying to open the new image.rpa.
or
you could unpack the .rpa and place the image folder on milfy city\game and delete the original image.rpa.

it worked on my end but make a backup just in case

samples
original

upscaled

reason why some game files need to be replaced
i used renpy sdk 8.1.3 to compile the folder back to .rpa and the older version of renpy on the milfy city 1.0e doesn't support the new pickle protocol,
pickle is a python library btw

Last edited:

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
AI UPSCALE PATCH 10k images from 1080p to 4k back to 1080p

Instructions
replace old image.rpa for the new AND replace the files on the main game folder with the ones on the ZIP file in the link, otherwise the game will give an error when trying to open the new image.rpa.
or
you could unpack the .rpa and place the image folder on milfy city\game and delete the original image.rpa.

it worked on my end but make a backup just in case

samples
original

upscaled

reason why some game files need to be replaced
i used renpy sdk 8.1.3 to compile the folder back to .rpa and the older version of renpy on the milfy city 1.0e doesn't support the new pickle protocol,
pickle is a python library btw
Waste of time/bandwith for a very low benefit...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: john1230
3.70 star(s) 410 Votes