DrakyDarky

Jan 4, 2019
Call me a boomer, while inconsistent, I prefer the old styles. The AI ones may look more pleasing at first glance, but the more you look the more small errors and uncanny elements you find. I am also a supporter of the idea that it should not be called "AI Art", they are machine generated images, just as I would not count a machine generated written scenario as a novel.
One thing I think AI has its merits, it can be used by people with no drawing talent for placeholder assets which they can later replace with art made by an actual artist that they have hired.

A360

Jun 29, 2018
The previous one yes, but this one, not so much for me. The weirdly squashed head of the dick because the AI didn't realize it was supposed to be in the mouth looks too off to me.
I don't understand why they didn't have an artist go in and touch up the AI work.

While the Meredith scene (imo the original is bad anyway she looks brain damaged with that derp face) and Cassandra bj might not have been the highest quality there was no massive mistakes by the artists. Where as now there's cloth clipping and the penis is squashed and smaller. If you're going to use AI art you'd think you'd at least have an artist go and fix any of the program's fuck ups that are glaringly obvious like that.

Not really sure how it's improving something if you go from art without errors to art with fuck ups in it :unsure:.

Culaio

Oct 25, 2020
What the fuck. This is absolutely soulless. Yeah the "quality" may be better because it has more perspective and shading, but it's PAINFULLY visibly AI-generated and uncanny as fuck. Not to mention her left hand is merging with the cloth.
If you think this is objectively and unquestionably "better" then there's something wrong with you, like on a fundamental level of humane perception of art aesthetics.
I highly suspect anyone who thinks AI gen is better here fails the apple test.

Is this actually in-game?? Can you toggle this or restore the human art somehow?? I actually really liked art made by Furanh. That they had the audacity to replace his art with machine imagery is a fucking travesty.

If this is true then I've lost all interest in this game forever. I hope Kaliyo fucking rots and dies in obscurity after the failed shitfest that was Arenus and now this. Fuck that scamming cunt.

I would say that majority of art is intact, including furanh but there was few that got replaced.

I will try to show example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
I would say that majority of art is intact, including furanh but there was few that got replaced.

I like how despite the "improvement", her face is like at least three times less expressive than in Furanh's art. Not to mention uncanny, but that's a given.
Also, the head of the monster was clearly touched up, because AI probably couldn't handle it and rendered the wrong kind of a monstrosity.

Finally this huge project is considered complete. Must have been a pretty big journey for the dev
Alas, Kaliyo couldn't help himself, and he just HAD to take one final, stinky log of shit on his fanbase by doing what precisely 0% (zero percent) of them asked for and forcefully replace art with AI shit with no toggle option.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Its me tunning in again.

They broke Rulwe. Poor tentacle monster has 15 hp at lvl8. Lvl1 Meredith has more. He is supposed to be tank character, but it is possible for him to receive one-shots even in Oakshire. That's sucks.

Also, Succubus' magic attack buff is still broken. It still sets MAT at near-zero lvl, making casting character deal 1-3 damage. So that's one big known bug they haven't fixed, as well as a new one added.

Last edited:

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
So, what's the current state of this game in terms of stability? Last time I've played this game it was around version 0.6, and it was a non-stop bugfest with every new version being riddled with game-breaking bugs. Is it any better now?

• Angry
Reactions: <<Solaria>>

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021

Honestly, at least at first glance I see no defects in this AI picture. And the one it replaced was quite a weak one.

But now it has very wierd facial expression. Kinda vacant? Like she is stoned while that beast do its thing with her? Is this supposed to be a stoner beast with cannabis breath?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
RoundscapeAdorevia-6.0a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: GrandPaBrowning

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Call me a boomer, while inconsistent, I prefer the old styles. The AI ones may look more pleasing at first glance, but the more you look the more small errors and uncanny elements you find. I am also a supporter of the idea that it should not be called "AI Art", they are machine generated images, just as I would not count a machine generated written scenario as a novel.
One thing I think AI has its merits, it can be used by people with no drawing talent for placeholder assets which they can later replace with art made by an actual artist that they have hired.
Yeah it is not "art" art is an expression of human creativity and emotion, AI has neither. It's just a machine that slaps a load of shit together and calls it art based on whatever prompt it has been given.

Real artists don't accidentally give people 7 fingers on one hand or weird mutant arms that have extra bits of arm coming out of them.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
So, what's the current state of this game in terms of stability? Last time I've played this game it was around version 0.6, and it was a non-stop bugfest with every new version being riddled with game-breaking bugs. Is it any better now?
Why are you asking questions you've already answered yourself?
it was a non-stop bugfest with every new version being riddled with game-breaking bugs

But now it has very wierd facial expression. Kinda vacant? Like she is stoned while that beast do its thing with her? Is this supposed to be a stoner beast with cannabis breath?
You're looking for the word "soulless". I know it's usually a buzzword, but it's hard to grasp the nuance of human sensibility, so we have to use that word.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Wow, you are quite a dinosaur if you touched that ancient version.

They even changed the game engine at version 2.0, and now its 6.0. The game is stable in my experience (I never had game-breaking bugs), but poorly optimized. I am quite sure that PC that could run Doom 2016 without even a hint of lagging isn't supposed to lag when it runs RPGM.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Why are you asking questions you've already answered yourself?

You're looking for the word "soulless". I know it's usually a buzzword, but it's hard to grasp the nuance of human sensibility, so we have to use that word.
Soulless - yes, but I was trying to be more specific. Her expression does not fit the situation she is in and, frankly, is barely decipherable. Really, like a stoned person trying to catch what's going on and failing.

Reactions: Maericke

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
Someone should DM Furanh if he's aware his art is getting """outsourced""" by the soulless machine. Of all the artists working on this game his contributions were the most numerous. His art was practically iconic. He even did 100% of the art for Below Sunshade, Kaliyo's other project.
I'm pretty sure they made some kind of informal agreement. But it's still an incredibly dick move. How fucking detached do you have to be to just replace already made art with AI shit with no option to toggle it??
I'll give you that having an option to toggle it would be best, but a lot of talk of "soulless art" is more subjective. They were illustrations, with varying degrees of quality, and were already paid for. Not artwork that's trying to be something to evoke emotion or philosophical thought and discussion. It's already "soulless" before using AI to make things more consistent.

It's more like having a machine sample art and styles and giving them a focus to come up with something different. In this case similar, but still different enough to not be blatant copies. There are several genres of music doing the same thing. Though, this kind of discussion doesn't really have a place on the game's thread, it should be brought to a thread debating the subject of AI art.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Yeah it is not "art" art is an expression of human creativity and emotion, AI has neither. It's just a machine that slaps a load of shit together and calls it art based on whatever prompt it has been given.

Real artists don't accidentally give people 7 fingers on one hand or weird mutant arms that have extra bits of arm coming out of them.
Well said. AI draws pictures (in general term), but does not express anything. Even if we consider the input the person operating AI wrote, that person won't be doing the expression. Its like ordering a pizza versus baking it.

marnosta

Dec 21, 2019
Remember playing this like year and half ago, it was amazing game, but that art was for me huge drawback as well and therefore I never finished it. Inconsistency was an issue yes, what totally killed me was that (don’t remember names anymore) that redhead healer had amazing art, I was like fuck yea gonna enjoy this game. Then there was scene with that blonde elf it was one of the first scenes with her, I believe it was in her tent maybe doggy? Holy shit it was like from a horror movie. I’m not artist at all, but even I could make better CG in paint from microsoft, huge dissapointment. I don’t care about AI "improved" images, are those horrible ones replaced or are they still there?

Culaio

Oct 25, 2020
Honestly, at least at first glance I see no defects in this AI picture. And the one it replaced was quite a weak one.

next pictures from this scene are kinda worse, it seems that the D goes to side from where vagina should be.

I would post it but I dont fully know what are rules here on forums about posting pics, what is allowed, what isnt and so on.

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes