Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
is the AI art still in here? the thread title says completed but is the game still worked on, as in unfinished? and if yes is all the future art AI generated too? as in art in scenes that came after that switch
One by one:
The AI art is still in.

The thread says "completed" because the main story was finished years ago and since that we got expansions. The devs are a bit unclear about the current status of this last "finishing touch" "Gold patch", but there was a post mentioning at least one more update to the current version (6.5 next month).

The newer art does not seem to be AI generated. At least i didn't find any in the newly released scenes so far.

This game's development took a lot of years and over a dozen artists have been commissioned for varying amount of pictures. Some of the old ones were very much criticized by the community, since the game's standard increased quite a lot over the years. So AI has been used to upscale and "modernize" some of the -mostly old art in the game. The results range from "that's quite nice to" "OMG get this horror off of my screen".

My opinion:
On most pictures, the AI has only been used to upscale them from 4x3 resolution to 16x9 and if i didn't know it happened i wouldn't be able to tell as someone who doesn't draw. These, plus the more recent scenes where no AI was used are fine, so most of the massive art collection is very nice. However, out of the 100+ scenes in the game in about a dozen ones the AI have gone horribly wrong and it can ruin the experience of those scenes.

But if you don't like AI, don't like the aesthetics or simply oppose it out of principle, there was a guy who uploaded the 5.8 gallery, which is AI-free and it can be used to replace the modified pictures with the original ones if you don't mind the lower resolution.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
The official reason is so they have consistent art.
That is nonsense, it would require all the art in the game to be replaced for that to work.
Everybody else says one thing or another like they were lazy or greedy and didn't hire someone to redo the art
WHY redo the art in the first place? The quality is all over the place anyways. Let's not pretend Kaliyo gives a shit about "quality" that much, else he'd hire a professional writer/proofreader to unfuck the literacy of the game.
My idea is some of the artists wanted more money for what they made or something like that and it ended with them pulling out at the last second so they needed to replace all the art fast
Your idea doesn't sound very plausible - most of the art that got replaced was drawn by Furanh, who is still the most prolific artist working on the project. And he continues to provide art as of the latest patch, I hardly doubt he'd end his cooperation like that. Not to mention, they probably asked his permission (and all the other artists) to replace their art with AI slop - since, you know, AI "re-drew" it on the basis of their art in the first place. So I don't think there were any artist disagreements at all.

Really, there is absolutely no sensible explanation for not merely injecting - but REPLACING - art already existing in the game with AI slop.

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
That is nonsense, it would require all the art in the game to be replaced for that to work.

WHY redo the art in the first place? The quality is all over the place anyways. Let's not pretend Kaliyo gives a shit about "quality" that much, else he'd hire a professional writer/proofreader to unfuck the literacy of the game.

Your idea doesn't sound very plausible - most of the art that got replaced was drawn by Furanh, who is still the most prolific artist working on the project. And he continues to provide art as of the latest patch, I hardly doubt he'd end his cooperation like that. Not to mention, they probably asked his permission (and all the other artists) to replace their art with AI slop - since, you know, AI "re-drew" it on the basis of their art in the first place. So I don't think there were any artist disagreements at all.

Really, there is absolutely no sensible explanation for not merely injecting - but REPLACING - art already existing in the game with AI slop.
One this was my opinion get off your high horse. Two not all the art that got replace was Furanh's art a lot of act 1 was different artists. Three is what I think triggering you so much that your reply boils down to shit take most hate on, everybody was giving their thoughts on the AI art so why does mine make you have to act like a social justice warrior? Everybody has different ideas get over yourself.

CluckPover

Dec 5, 2022
is the AI art still in here? the thread title says completed but is the game still worked on, as in unfinished? and if yes is all the future art AI generated too? as in art in scenes that came after that switch
One by one:
The AI art is still in.

The thread says "completed" because the main story was finished years ago and since that we got expansions. The devs are a bit unclear about the current status of this last "finishing touch" "Gold patch", but there was a post mentioning at least one more update to the current version (6.5 next month).

The newer art does not seem to be AI generated. At least i didn't find any in the newly released scenes so far.

This game's development took a lot of years and over a dozen artists have been commissioned for varying amount of pictures. Some of the old ones were very much criticized by the community, since the game's standard increased quite a lot over the years. So AI has been used to upscale and "modernize" some of the -mostly old art in the game. The results range from "that's quite nice to" "OMG get this horror off of my screen".

My opinion:
On most pictures, the AI has only been used to upscale them from 4x3 resolution to 16x9 and if i didn't know it happened i wouldn't be able to tell as someone who doesn't draw. These, plus the more recent scenes where no AI was used are fine, so most of the massive art collection is very nice. However, out of the 100+ scenes in the game in about a dozen ones the AI have gone horribly wrong and it can ruin the experience of those scenes.

But if you don't like AI, don't like the aesthetics or simply oppose it out of principle, there was a guy who uploaded the 5.8 gallery, which is AI-free and it can be used to replace the modified pictures with the original ones if you don't mind the lower resolution.

One this was my opinion get off your high horse. Two not all the art that got replace was Furanh's art a lot of act 1 was different artists. Three is what I think triggering you so much that your reply boils down to shit take most hate on, everybody was giving their thoughts on the AI art so why does mine make you have to act like a social justice warrior? Everybody has different ideas get over yourself.

Guys,guys......

I've already solved that AI misery by upscaling all of the art of V5.8b that got AI'd....

It's even pinned in the OG post for crying out loud! (I just noticed that! xD, many thanks to the mod who did that!, just made my life easier!....I've reposted that solution 9 times until now! xD)
1698298145373.png

Enjoy and you're welcome!

Also can someone contact mods to also pin that post about how to fix high resources usage and / or lag experienced within the game (and possibly any RPGM MV game(?)) since some people complained about it please? (Including myself!) since I don't know how to contact them...(and I'm kinda scared to do so myself ngl.....xD)

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
There is though, I think. Well, as sensible as a bunch of gremlins bothering devs about consistency.

I do not know this for sure, mind you, but if this thread and many other discussions of this game are of any indication, complains about inconsistent art are ubiquitous. I can only surmise that this sentiment is shared among people who still pay the devs, meaning that devs probably encounter such complains as often as they enter their discord.

So, what would you do when flocks of gremlins are bothering you about some BS but are also the people who fill your game's budget? Simple - you cater to popular demands!

But how would you do that? Artists have schedules and need money. You probably can't ask Funrah to re-do some hundred pictures and drew some few dozens new ones!

But do you know any way to get a ton of pics with no money thrown away?

Yes you do - we all now know such way. Its 2023, after all!

Enter the AI, aka The Cheapest, Simplest, Quickest, Laziest Solution. No hassle, no spending, no trying to fit you needs into someone's busy schedule. "Speed up the film, Montag, quick. Click, Pic, Look, Eye, Now, Flick, Here, There, Swift, Pace, Up, Down, In, Out, Why, How, Who, What, Where, Eh? Uh! Bang! Smack! Wallop, Bing, Bong, Boom!"

Demand exists (most likely), an easy way to fulfil it too - is it really so surprising when the easy way is picked?

Reactions: CluckPover
Dec 3, 2021
Guys,guys......

I've already solved that AI misery by upscaling all of the art of V5.8b that got AI'd....

It's even pinned in the OG post for crying out loud! (I just noticed that! xD, many thanks to the mod who did that!, just made my life easier!....I've reposted that solution 9 times until now! xD)
View attachment 3034623

Enjoy and you're welcome!

Also can someone contact mods to also pin that post about how to fix high resources usage and / or lag experienced within the game (and possibly any RPGM MV game(?)) since some people complained about it please? (Including myself!) since I don't know how to contact them...(and I'm kinda scared to do so myself ngl.....xD)
sorry, did not want to stir shit up. I was just legit curious as to why and how this happened.
But I do think AI art is criminally cringe ah ah fr fr

Axel95RM

Feb 4, 2018
Is there a way to fool the Loistrigga gang? Or does it necessarily have to go that way so that they screw the protagonist? Thanks.

CluckPover

Dec 5, 2022
Hey guys! i have this problem, i dont know how to solve this. the screen dont show complete
Hmmm.....I'm not sure if that'll work...but you can try pressing F4 to fullscreenize the game...or did you accidentally press F3?

You're welcome!

can anyone share their save file for male version i lost all my saves pls anyone
Here ya go.( Templar Origin, Affection and Hero route, Act 2, Had a baby with Clawyn. (and with Meredith soon...) Accepted Cheat Demon's Help)

Have fun!

OzthinPawer

Aug 1, 2020
Hmmm.....I'm not sure if that'll work...but you can try pressing F4 to fullscreenize the game...or did you accidentally press F3?

You're welcome!

Here ya go.( Templar Origin, Affection and Hero route, Act 2, Had a baby with Clawyn. (and with Meredith soon...) Accepted Cheat Demon's Help)

Have fun!
Yeah it works!

Feb 7, 2021

You're welcome!

Have fun!
thanks man

snowman97

Oct 5, 2019
Is there an equal amount of content for both male and female character? Do you recommend one for the first playthrough? Also not that much into lesbian content, how much of the female content is lesbian focused?

• Hey there

UltimateX117

Mar 1, 2020
I hit a bug where the player scene titled: The Female Imp, only shows black for the scene and no CGI. Here's screenshots to illustrate my confusion/frustration

• Hey there

Necromant

Feb 12, 2022
There is though, I think. Well, as sensible as a bunch of gremlins bothering devs about consistency.

I do not know this for sure, mind you, but if this thread and many other discussions of this game are of any indication, complains about inconsistent art are ubiquitous. I can only surmise that this sentiment is shared among people who still pay the devs, meaning that devs probably encounter such complains as often as they enter their discord.

So, what would you do when flocks of gremlins are bothering you about some BS but are also the people who fill your game's budget? Simple - you cater to popular demands!

But how would you do that? Artists have schedules and need money. You probably can't ask Funrah to re-do some hundred pictures and drew some few dozens new ones!

But do you know any way to get a ton of pics with no money thrown away?

Yes you do - we all now know such way. Its 2023, after all!

Enter the AI, aka The Cheapest, Simplest, Quickest, Laziest Solution. No hassle, no spending, no trying to fit you needs into someone's busy schedule. "Speed up the film, Montag, quick. Click, Pic, Look, Eye, Now, Flick, Here, There, Swift, Pace, Up, Down, In, Out, Why, How, Who, What, Where, Eh? Uh! Bang! Smack! Wallop, Bing, Bong, Boom!"

Demand exists (most likely), an easy way to fulfil it too - is it really so surprising when the easy way is picked?
Red diamond patch next month and last one.

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes