Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
Some subjective, lazy feedback, as it’s too soon for review imo.
Good MC and music.
MC’s thoughts and dialogues were what kept me playing till the apparent end. Music gives an epic/dark/fantasy vibe, depending on the situation. However I think that it’s worth considering choosing music without words for beginning. I didn’t have an easy time concentrating on reading what was written, when I heard voices. It wasn’t at the level of needing to mute sound, but it wasn't a smooth experience either.

Other characters didn’t catch my interest, except Rose (not in a good way).
In the bathing scene I judged Rose as looking old. I think that face expression (wrinkles?) with white hair caused it. Too soon to tell for sure, but I’ve a feeling that Rose is a somewhat inconsistent character (personality). However she wears a more plausible“bra” for a fantasy medieval setting (none bra, but some rag) than commonly seen in games.

Bug?: It’s possible to miss “start chapter 1” - if you click “rest” and “pace around a ship” a few times. You’ll lose “start chapter 1” apparently forever (multiple tries to get it back) in a given gameplay.

Edit: PS. Novel is giving an almost kinetic feeling, e.g. there is need to confront Rose to progress, no other option (the same with being forced to choose chapters, no other option).

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Some subjective, lazy feedback, as it’s too soon for review imo.
Good MC and music.
MC’s thoughts and dialogues were what kept me playing till the apparent end. Music gives an epic/dark/fantasy vibe, depending on the situation. However I think that it’s worth considering choosing music without words for beginning. I didn’t have an easy time concentrating on reading what was written, when I heard voices. It wasn’t at the level of needing to mute sound, but it wasn't a smooth experience either.

Other characters didn’t catch my interest, except Rose (not in a good way).
In the bathing scene I judged Rose as looking old. I think that face expression (wrinkles?) with white hair caused it. Too soon to tell for sure, but I’ve a feeling that Rose is a somewhat inconsistent character (personality). However she wears a more plausible“bra” for a fantasy medieval setting (none bra, but some rag) than commonly seen in games.

Bug?: It’s possible to miss “start chapter 1” - if you click “rest” and “pace around a ship” a few times. You’ll lose “start chapter 1” apparently forever (multiple tries to get it back) in a given gameplay.

Edit: PS. Novel is giving an almost kinetic feeling, e.g. there is need to confront Rose to progress, no other option (the same with being forced to choose chapters, no other option).
Thanks for feedback. Interesting though, no one commented that regarding intro music so far. I mean I don't mind changing it based off of feedback, but I'd certainly need to hear additional thoughts and not base it off of individiual opinion, no matter if I validate it or not.

Glad you enjoy the music in general though, I spend a lot of time with this part! And certainly glad you enjoying the story and MC!

Also, none of the characters are "inconsistent" they're complex honestly. Though you'll probably figure that out the more it goes on. As for not catching your attention -- probs cause they didn't have their spotlight so far, give it time I say.

Think I fixed that stupid bug atm!

Hmm... no, certainly not kinetic. It stopped being kinetic the moment there is a branching path that you can affect, actually you can affect things for now twice in a very different way so. Not kinetic whatsoever imo.

As for "forced" to progress, you're not "forced" per se. This is simply how the coding works honestly, I can't do it other way but to make it specificly clear you need to click a button to continue the story onward. Though I changed this somewhat in upcoming update based off of some suggestions, there is a separate button that signals the continuation for story once you completed all free roaming aspects, it pops up that is somewhere on the screen.

Reactions: Ukghar

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
(...) And certainly glad you enjoying the story (...)

Hmm... no, certainly not kinetic. It stopped being kinetic the moment there is a branching path that you can affect, actually you can affect things for now twice in a very different way so. Not kinetic whatsoever imo.

As for "forced" to progress, you're not "forced" per se. This is simply how the coding works honestly, I can't do it other way but to make it specificly clear you need to click a button to continue the story onward. Though I changed this somewhat in upcoming update based off of some suggestions, there is a separate button that signals the continuation for story once you completed all free roaming aspects, it pops up that is somewhere on the screen.
I wanted to be lazy, but you deserve some clarification from me.

I’m rather neutral toward the story for now. Some things I find even strange like :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I said:
“(...) subjective, lazy feedback (...) Novel is giving an almost kinetic feeling (...) “
I agree that it’s not kinetic, because as you said “(...) there is a branching path (...)”. What’s giving me “(...) an almost kinetic feeling (...)” is having one visible option to progress further in the story. I don’t like illusory choices. I like having at least two possible choices, even if that leads only to a little different text, but nevertheless the same outcome. Better still, if the outcome is different. Ofc it would be too tedious to make it possible all the time. Maybe even your idea with “(...) a separate button that signals the continuation for story once you completed all free roaming aspects, it pops up that is somewhere on the screen.” can make me change my subjective feeling.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I wanted to be lazy, but you deserve some clarification from me.

I’m rather neutral toward the story for now. Some things I find even strange like :
I said:
I agree that it’s not kinetic, because as you said “(...) there is a branching path (...)”. What’s giving me “(...) an almost kinetic feeling (...)” is having one visible option to progress further in the story. I don’t like illusory choices. I like having at least two possible choices, even if that leads only to a little different text, but nevertheless the same outcome. Better still, if the outcome is different. Ofc it would be too tedious to make it possible all the time. Maybe even your idea with “(...) a separate button that signals the continuation for story once you completed all free roaming aspects, it pops up that is somewhere on the screen.” can make me change my subjective feeling.

Mhm. I can see where the confusion comes from, and true, this is indeed my fault for not providing enough background info on some matters. I had a discussion about this with someone already, hence why I in update made a "chit-chat" scene with Voldar where Rose questions him about specific matters.

This is to ensure some background info as to why things are as they are. There'll be more of this down the line, I'll do my best to put a light onto some stuff to not have anyone confused, as I said, story is honestly complex and so are the characters. I do not like shallow things but that has some weight on its own, this requires timing and a lot of writing. And I have my time limits in a day sadly.

Though I'll answer some of those questions you have, I'll put it into a spoiler cause it is a spoiler.

1st Correct, there are such things and it was such a thing indeed. Though further explenation is perhaps not needed here, some part of logic will guide you to answer on this one. It already did for that matter.

2nd Because it is intereference by someone else who guided them there, someone who knew exactly where and when he will be. Though I will not spoiler this further.

3rd Intimidation factor. Rose is a well known mercenary, quite the infmaous one at that. If it was him alone, perhaps so, yes. But if you have 3 guys who have only bravado against a man who is allegedly branded a sorcerer, and a murder machine of a mercenary... you'll think twice before you act. Gold or no gold.

And indeed, perhaps it will change the feeling as it is something entirely different. And yes, it would be quite tedious and heavily time consuming. Which I don't mind honestly, I already involved such things in conversations where you impact how you reply and what reponses you get.

Though sadly I can't always make this, it is simply not possible due to time contraints I have. It can't be done on every corner and every dialogue, that'd be sheer madness imo.

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
(...)
1st Correct, there are such things and it was such a thing indeed. Though further explenation is perhaps not needed here, some part of logic will guide you to answer on this one. It already did for that matter.

2nd Because it is intereference by someone else who guided them there, someone who knew exactly where and when he will be. Though I will not spoiler this further.

3rd Intimidation factor. Rose is a well known mercenary, quite the infmaous one at that. If it was him alone, perhaps so, yes. But if you have 3 guys who have only bravado against a man who is allegedly branded a sorcerer, and a murder machine of a mercenary... you'll think twice before you act. Gold or no gold.
(...)
After your explanation in spoilers I’m more intrigued. I’ll check your game from time to time and likely will write a proper review at some point.

Keep up the good work!

• Red Heart

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Looks sweet

StringsOfFate-0.3
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
From what I understood from the synopsis and tags this is not a game that has/will have romance route with the ladies right? It's not my cup of tea because I'm pretty vanilla but I'm down in trying new thngs.

• Thinking Face

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Kool, I liked 0.1 greatly. (y)
Glad to hear so.

Hm, so you're not the hero, there's no damsel and no magic sword...

You're the dark overlord, aren't ya?
Ring, ring ding!

From what I understood from the synopsis and tags this is not a game that has/will have romance route with the ladies right? It's not my cup of tea because I'm pretty vanilla but I'm down in trying new thngs.
Romance willl be present is all I can say.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
Why is this game so SLOW,,,,,?? Its good story but slow to respond ???? Any tricks to make it faster !

4.50 star(s) 18 Votes