Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
There is something seriously wrong with the overprotective "guardians" in here, first the shit with Serra's quest and then with Gracie's, shouldn't that be Alex's thing as a person who actually raised them ? I was enjoying the game until these damn annoying encounters, if the mc was a complete base bastard then at least their attitude would've been tolerated coming from the complete strangers but i doubt dev envisioned mc like that + the fact that they all have known each other since childhood.

Some dialog choices would've been nice like with Alex's boss, no new renders or different scenarios are required there.
I certainly won't even try to slip a suggestion regarding putting/removing any stuff which may sound like an obtrusive way of telling dev how to build their game just because i don't like it. I would straight up drop it if it comes to that, no problems.

Will keep an eye on this for the time being, so back to lurking.

DeathAl

Jan 26, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The people are asking for more scene with Alex (or just me) and Celeste (if she does not remain a tsundere throughout the game, it's cute at first but it can quickly get boring).

The fights are way too slow, there should be an option to skip the animations.
I might also add a fast travel option to go from one world to another (it's boring to always have to go back to the crystal).

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I must admit, I miss Demon Celeste. It fit her tsundere well, and she was cute, but mostly, my favourite scene from the old game was the one after you'd seen her transformation and she completely lost it at you... because she was terrified she might have hurt you with her fire. I'm not sure how you could have an equivalent in the new version, without the MC being a twat around firearms anyway. And poor gun safety is a massive turnoff.

If we are going to be a Saber-class in the Weaponmaster guild, I hope we get sword beams : v

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hey Glacerose pleeeeeease add an outfit system, i am begging you. Btw awsome game keep going.
multiple outfits would probably mean multiple renders of an already render heavy game (a guess on my part). Personally I'd rather Galcerose spent the time on game content and story than paper doll dress up content. Personally I hate Celeste's hair in the magic dimension - aint gonna stop me from pursuing her!!!:love::love::love::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
multiple outfits would probably mean multiple renders of an already render heavy game (a guess on my part). Personally I'd rather Galcerose spent the time on game content and story than paper doll dress up content. Personally I hate Celeste's hair in the magic dimension - aint gonna stop me from pursuing her!!!:love::love::love::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I agree. In theory I am all for having a choice (like the sluttiness or normalness of clothing, hairstyles) because different players prefer different stuff. However, that already can be quite some work in sprite based games. In render games it is nigh impossible. Even if only 2 options per character exist that means double the rendering (it is of course only the technical time for the actual render, since all the setup work has been done). Have 3 characters in a scene? 8 possible combinations. With three options and a 4 character scene, every render would need to be made 81 times. There would be some tricks you can apply to reduce this, but both development time (well, only rendering time) and file size would explode. Just not practical as nice as it would be.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
The game Noble Priviledge does it with small clothing overlays. Pose the master scene, render with no clothes, fit the clothes, hide everything but the clothes, render the outfit with a transparent background, repeat for every outfit. Call the master scene, lay the clothing on top to display.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hello all!

Sylphine V.021 is officially out, while not a major update, this *does* add a few things to the game. You can download this below, and you can find the changelog at the bottom of the post!

Saves from V.02 *should* be compatible, but if you run into any issues, let me know!

PC-----

MAC-----

ANDROID------

V.021 Changelog -----

You can now find the Guildmaster's offices in their respective Guild Halls, allowing you to meet with your guild leader, and the leader's of the other 3 guilds.

The android version has been compressed, and should run slightly more smoothly.

The "Beach" location has been slightly redone, to enhance image quality.

The bug that allows you to access the harbor early has been fixed.

The bug that had Detta in a different place than said by her schedule has been fixed.

Various typos throughout the game have been fixed .

A new textbox has been added .

A new dialogue font has been added.

A "credits" page has been added .

A new main menu song has been added .

Small combat values have been changed to make it easier overall.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
The game Noble Priviledge does it with small clothing overlays. Pose the master scene, render with no clothes, fit the clothes, hide everything but the clothes, render the outfit with a transparent background, repeat for every outfit. Call the master scene, lay the clothing on top to display.
The abandoned game? :unsure:
https://f95zone.to/threads/noble-privileges-v0-2-wildsnowman.2497/

That's a lot of behind the scenes state maintenance and makes drawing every scene more complex...

Nov 24, 2019
The abandoned game? :unsure:
https://f95zone.to/threads/noble-privileges-v0-2-wildsnowman.2497/

That's a lot of behind the scenes state maintenance and makes drawing every scene more complex...

The newest version of Ren'Py (which has just reached pre-release state) has even a 3D perspective; So in theory you could render the whole scene on Ren'Py itself (and not just clothing). But eh, having to input to coordinates yourself versus letting a program do that dirty work for you while letting you focus on the actual visuals... It probably will take months if not years until that becomes more doable.

Ren'Py is moving in an interesting direction, though, so while I highly doubt it would be doable here it is possible that in future, implementing outfits feature become simple for ren'py devs instead of the current dreadful situation.

But I would not bet on that. Ren'Py has Live2D for a while and yet, most of Ren'Py games here doesn't use it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
My earlier save seemed to be working, but I decided to start over just in case. I was reminded that this was the image that hooked me:
screenshot0002.png

==========
I've been on F95 too long!
Right after installing 0.21, I went to the OP thinking, "I need to see if they've updated the Ipat....oh, right."

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Interesting approach but as others I think that is either a boatload of work to get the clothing overlays just right or you are limiting yourself to only a handful of positioning options for the characters - otherwise every bit of clothing behind an arm would need to be cut out manually and such stuff. If it worked I'd be all for it.

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
Keep getting an error message every time Alex tries to talk to everyone about their "strange dreams" and i have to keep clicking ignore to go forward. Its only when alex talks and not with the other characters. It was going fine till the girls entered the room for the "talk".

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/characterStoryEvents/mainStoryEventsGeneral.rpy", line 2744, in script
af happy "Ah... no honey... this has to do with some dreams you may have all been having."
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/characterStoryEvents/mainStoryEventsGeneral.rpy", line 2744, in script
af happy "Ah... no honey... this has to do with some dreams you may have all been having."
File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1134, in __call__
old_attr_state = self.handle_say_attributes(False, interact)
File "renpy/character.py", line 971, in handle_say_attributes
if self.resolve_say_attributes(predicting, attrs):
File "renpy/character.py", line 897, in resolve_say_attributes
raise Exception("Say has image attributes %r, but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character." % (attrs,))
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Sylphine .021
Wed May 12 04:17:29 2021

added exceptions, during first battle in "the hunt"
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 165, in script call
    call posRandom from _call_posRandom
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 192, in script
    python:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    friend1 = copy.deepcopy(globals()[friend1Name])
KeyError: u'mcFriendly'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 165, in script call
    call posRandom from _call_posRandom
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 192, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    friend1 = copy.deepcopy(globals()[friend1Name])
KeyError: u'mcFriendly'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Sylphine .021
Wed May 12 05:14:32 2021
It wont let me ignore or continue on from there

Last edited:

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
Might want to speed up the combat animation/transition or allow skipping to action/move, from what i can tell it'll be a frequent feature of the game and it's already starting to feel like a chore because of it's pace.

P.S - I implore dual sword wielding for weaponmaster class.
Here's my reasoning- It'll look super cool. With correct stance. That's it, i got nothing else.

Reactions: JenusKudo

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I thought that beach scene was an accident but it turns out it's her personality. I hope dev don't force us to have a relationship with her. Like, in the story we should not be close buddy buddy. I started new game and avoided playing her content. I am not into that fetish. If I don't like her, it doesn't matter if she will change her personality or not.
Also, someone already mention it but wtf is really wrong with people? They acting like they're the girl's guardian angel and threatening MC who actually knows the girl his whole life and grew up with.....
Please keep your opinion to yourself if you don't agree with me. I have already read three pages of comment which don't agree with me. So, no need to drag me into that pit hole as well.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Sylphine [v.021] [Glacerose] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Original Win/Linux Size: 1.6 GB
Original Mac Size: 1.56 GB

Compressed Win Size: 523 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 506 MB
Compressed Linux Size: 513 MB

Compressed using YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V3.1b]
Quality Level: Medium
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes