VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I think that is debatable...

if a step mom can be consider incest in certain areas of the world I'm pretty damn sure that a multiverse mom or sister would be considered incest somewhere too.

My two cents
How to tell me you have no knowledge of twitch emote with saying so ...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
How to tell me you have no knowledge of twitch emote with saying so ...
Had to look it up Yeah, I have no use for twitch in my life. Don't understand the appeal of watching thirst traps and nerdish people playing games. Forgive my ignorance for taking words at face value.

Back in my days we used :p to show sarcasm especially in places like this where some say and believe the stupidest things

Reactions: Tavi13

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Back in my days
But, then there wasn't any graphics for what were called "smileys"... where these "emoticon" (and I'm guessing, now, just "emote"???) terms came from is, well... beyond this old fart's comprehension. lol
O'Reilly & Associates, the then leader in all books-tech, even published a whole 90+ page book of all the known Smileys at the time (isbn ISBN 1-56592-041-4 )

But... back to the orig topic, sorta...the "multiverse" part has me wondering when a character like that played by Jason Statham 20-something years ago is gonna show up and try to put things back into order. But, thinking of that movie (The One, 2001) and this game, "grandpa" is kinda seeming a bit like he wanted to be Jet Li's character, well, the evil one, at least.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
I used to have that O'Reilly book. I still have 'Programming with curses' because that's usually what's happening when I'm coding. :LOL:
My fav title wasn't an ORA book, but a Dilbert one: "Still Pumped from Using the Mouse". Curses. :-o :-o [shudder] Never got my head around that type of stuff either. I've been too web-centric since the late 90s. At least I can read Python to figure out some of these Ren'Py VNs where I royally can't stand the default name, & hate even more having to pick a name that actually fits the tone of the story. (ahem... WSiGTH being one of those). :-( It's soooo good, except for that egregious error. But, meh... it's their story, not mine. I'm gonna go back to exercising with my mouse, not keyboard.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
My fav title wasn't an ORA book, but a Dilbert one: "Still Pumped from Using the Mouse". Curses. :-o :-o [shudder] Never got my head around that type of stuff either. I've been too web-centric since the late 90s. At least I can read Python to figure out some of these Ren'Py VNs where I royally can't stand the default name, & hate even more having to pick a name that actually fits the tone of the story. (ahem... WSiGTH being one of those). :-( It's soooo good, except for that egregious error. But, meh... it's their story, not mine. I'm gonna go back to exercising with my mouse, not keyboard.
You could just call him Jason, or Jet xD

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
You could
I kinda wish I'd thought of that idea before that last start-over. I'm sure there'll be another, though. (To be clear: I'm not expecting a change from you that makes it required, but am expecting that I do a full start-over at some point.) I'd probably choose "Gabe", Jet's character from that movie.
I'd completely forgotten what name I'd chosen, so had to fire up the game to look (on that, I expected name to be in some config-type file in the save (like that 'json' file), but, um, well... :-/ it wasn't). Apparently I got tired of looking at name options and went with "Raiden". (Found the cheat codes for that game a few weeks ago... the original one, from the 90s... but I think that was after replaying your game.)

Reactions: recreation

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Do you have a 4k screen? Do you want the best possible image quality? Do you want crisp and sharp images? Get the 4k version.
I you don't have a 4k screen, it will still look better/sharper, but not much, so you'll have to consider if it's worth downloading almost 7gb for just that.
Just curious what would the experiance be worth 4k running on a 1440P monitor (with 1070-TI gpu)? While i would love 4k finding curved 32" curved 144hz 4k monitor has proved elusive. And lets not get started on finding a new GPU at present uggg

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
Just curious what would the experiance be worth 4k running on a 1440P monitor (with 1070-TI gpu)? While i would love 4k finding curved 32" curved 144hz 4k monitor has proved elusive. And lets not get started on finding a new GPU at present uggg
i doubt it the art inst the best it does look good but not for 4k download size are you really pausing on scenes and looking at real hard?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It looks better, sharper, clearer, but it's not like the 1080p version looks bad on a 1440p monitor. It won't be as sharp, might be a bit blurry, but that's about it.
The 4k version is more or less for people who have a high bandwidth, that don't care about the size, and/or have a 4k monitor/tv and want to get the most out of it.

• Hey there
Reactions: jaw1986baby
May 23, 2020
I just want to say I can't wait for the next update. I like all of the characters, but I think for me personally I like Nara the most, with Mia and Liv tied for second (that is for looks and personality for all three.) In third place for both I would have to pick either Iggdra or Noire. If I was going just off looks alone then Lilibet would take third however I just extremely dislike her personality, although I did love the fact that you could make her call you either by your name or by "Daddy" after spanking her I thought that was hilarious (also Liv's reaction to her calling you "daddy" was just absolutely priceless.)

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
FWIW, Amazon has this in stock (LG 34BK95U-W UltraFine 34" 21:9 5K). Not curved (which there's enough reviews out there that basically show curved to be no more than marketing gimicks) and it is $1500+ but it's a damn nice monitor. (And I really do miss having better eyesight so I could actually use its 5120x2160 resolution.) This game does look stunning at 3840x1608 (yeah, custom res that's >4k... because: reasons), but mostly I run the 4k ver of this windowed @ half screen... because: multitasking).
But if you're in the same boat as me & food is more important than fancy computer things... I feel your pain.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
It's not Corruption/Love, it's not a love-meter, in fact it has nothing to do with love. Corruption might fit to some degree, but that's also not really correct.
They will either become more subby/dependent, or do their own thing, that's it.
My question is, which color represents subby and which represents dependent?

I'm still playing through the game, but so far I've loved it. It's kind of slow at some points on my potato laptop (which it should NOT be, stupid Dell...) but it's playable.

I was curious about the problems with the 4K version which affects some computers and not others so I fired up AMD Ryzen Master and the windows task manager to see what was being pegged when I played on my desktop (an actual gaming rig, even if it is not the best out there) and found that it DOES utilize the GPU almost exclusively. So, if the game has problems, at my guess, it's a GPU bottleneck.

:cool: Eric Grey

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
My question is, which color represents subby and which represents dependent?

I'm still playing through the game, but so far I've loved it. It's kind of slow at some points on my potato laptop (which it should NOT be, stupid Dell...) but it's playable.

I was curious about the problems with the 4K version which affects some computers and not others so I fired up AMD Ryzen Master and the windows task manager to see what was being pegged when I played on my desktop (an actual gaming rig, even if it is not the best out there) and found that it DOES utilize the GPU almost exclusively. So, if the game has problems, at my guess, it's a GPU bottleneck.

:cool: Eric Grey
I think it should be quite clear if you go by the answers, but more pink means more subby ;)
The problems with the 4k version shouldn't exist (as much) anymore, the newer renpy versions fixed a lot of the issues. Renpy still hasn't the best video handling though, so the 4k version will still make problems on not-so high end rigs. There are sometimes several videos and images playing at the same time + renpy caches a lot of stuff, so all of that combined results in slowdowns.
The map for the lobby for example consists of ~30 images, layered over each other, every single image in 4k and handled at the same time by renpy, that's why it needs some time to load before you can actually click on ther doors (just as an example).

Reactions: EricGrey
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes