bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Sided with the warriors.

I don't think making an enemy of both factions when we're still needing their help is a good idea.
I took the solo path. I'm hoping it is more of "Making enemies of neither factions" than
"Making enemies of both factions".

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I took the solo path. I'm hoping it is more of "Making enemies of neither factions" than
"Making enemies of both factions".
Both of them needed that bit of extra clout to get rid of the other and you basically told both of them to fuck themselves. Both of them still need the queen.

They still hold his sister and the ships repairs and with you not helping them, they likely won't help you.

You are now in the way of both of their agenda's instead of just 1. Afraid you can't avoid making enemies at this point, you just have less friends.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Sided with the warriors.

I don't think making an enemy of both factions when we're still needing their help is a good idea.
Because that Erylin is one of those NEVER stop scheming for power types. She will betray or backstab you as soon as it is to her advantage.

Having both sides be upset because you ran solo seems like too many haters for no reason

But siding with Rahia seems like even if she wants to be the boss of the planet she can respect my desires to leave and stay on good terms as she respects my ability to act and get what I want and fight for what I want.

So I also sided with the Warriors

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Because that Erylin is one of those NEVER stop scheming for power types. She will betray or backstab you as soon as it is to her advantage.

Having both sides be upset because you ran solo seems like too many haters for no reason

But siding with Rahia seems like even if she wants to be the boss of the planet she can respect my desires to leave and stay on good terms as she respects my ability to act and get what I want and fight for what I want.

So I also sided with the Warriors
Way I see it is I think their planet is going to be attacked at some point and i'd rather have the big burly warrior woman with me that likes to make things go dead than the scheming priestess willing to give up her own daughter for a slight bit of extra clout.

I don't trust Rahia yet but I do trust her dislike of the priest group which puts me in an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. I can work with that.

I don't want to be fighting both factions though and the warriors are less likely to backstab than Erylin is.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Both of them needed that bit of extra clout to get rid of the other and you basically told both of them to fuck themselves. Both of them still need the queen.

They still hold his sister and the ships repairs and with you not helping them, they likely won't help you.

You are now in the way of both of their agenda's instead of just 1. Afraid you can't avoid making enemies at this point, you just have less friends.
My reasoning is that choosing one faction over the other is very likely escalate the internal conflict between priests and warriors with the worst case scenario of civil war. Because I can't imagine that either Erilyn or Rahia will sit idly by and watch the other take all power.

By running solo I'm hoping that Cam and Eva can remain independent and get enough political clout as Hero and Queen to force both factions to sit down and negotiate and hopefully they can come to the realization that they need to work together rather than at cross purposes.

But I'm probably engaging in a fair bit of wishful thinking here. It all comes down to exactly what being a Hero actually means in practice.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
My reasoning is that choosing one faction over the other is very likely escalate the internal conflict between priests and warriors with the worst case scenario of civil war. Because I can't imagine that either Erilyn or Rahia will sit idly by and watch the other take all power.

By running solo I'm hoping that Cam and Eva can remain independent and get enough political clout as Hero and Queen to force both factions to sit down and negotiate and hopefully they can come to the realization that they need to work together rather than at cross purposes.

But I'm probably engaging in a fair bit of wishful thinking here. It all comes down to exactly what being a Hero actually means in practice.
That's the thing though, Eva has no actual power. She's just a figurehead sat on the throne being used by the priestess.

All Cam has done is win a hunt, that gives him some respect from the citizen folk and a chance to talk to his sister but, again, no actual power.

Both factions still hold all that power but they still need an edge over the other.

You had a chancre to give one of the factions some political clout, not take it yourself.

It's not a case of being a hero, there is no heroic outcome to a planet on the verge of a civil war. You managed to stop either side from getting any more power but you still have none and you still need the help of factions that are now less inclined to help you.

I can't say for certain but i'm going to go out on a limb and say i'm 99.9% sure you probably made things a lot harder for yourself as well as painting a target on your back.

The warriors might not do much about it but i'm 100% sure the priestess will likely want you dead now.

Statistics pulled out of my arse but my point stands. I think going solo is the worst possible thing to do.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Was going with the warrior. Erylin is scheming and I doubt that she wouldn't turn on us if she gain something.

At least with Rahia she would kill me directly and not with a big hidden plot around three corners and so on. So I trust her enough that I think we can work together and then go our separate ways. And if not, I think the warrior will do things in the open in constriction to the priest. From what I've seen and, I think, have read, Erylin hidden agenda has its own hidden agenda.

Additionally I doubt that to have someone important to own you a favour would be bad in the situation Cam is in.

Only he shouldn't have sleep with the head priestess and her daughter. :whistle:

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lol I have a save for all 3. Solo, Warrior & Priestess.
Felt like going alone, so as not to contribute to either side's claim, but also felt inclined to support the Warriors, for the same reason as c3p0 - at least you'll see their blade coming.
Still, also enjoy the idea of entering a bit of a power game with Erylin, feel plenty confident that the outcome will turn in the MCs favour.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I wonder where this story is even going now? Ditching the planet of super soldier women who installed your sister as Queen doesn't seem very smart imo, plus if you side with the Warriors and ensure they use technology then you've basically got a force that could potentially grow powerful enough to stand up to the "Sovereignty"

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I sided with the Warriors. My fear now is that, after examining the eyeball, Erylin will claim that it's not genuine and Camran will have no way of proving that it is, since I imagine Erylin won't allow anyone else to see it.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That's the thing though, Eva has no actual power. She's just a figurehead sat on the throne being used by the priestess.
But we don't know yet if that is actually true. Does the Virgin Queen actually have no power or is it that the Virgin Queen actually holds the power but the priestesses have appropriated that power by holding her hostage and thus is able to control what orders Eva gives? As far as I remember, the priestesses has been fairly careful with not contradicting Eva when she has been allowed to say anything publicly. Indicating that maybe the power originates with the Virgin Queen in some form at least. Even if she doesn't have any direct followers and subordinates.

And then there is the reason why they kidnapped Eva in the first place. She needs to do something to make that worthwhile at some point.

All Cam has done is win a hunt, that gives him some respect from the citizen folk and a chance to talk to his sister but, again, no actual power.
As for what winning the hunt actually means, it is worth remembering that they seem to put enormous weight on their rituals and traditions. So I think the Hero of the Hunt will command a significant amount of political clout.

Both factions still hold all that power but they still need an edge over the other.

You had a chancre to give one of the factions some political clout, not take it yourself.
They hold power. But I don't think they can ignore him.

It's not a case of being a hero, there is no heroic outcome to a planet on the verge of a civil war. You managed to stop either side from getting any more power but you still have none and you still need the help of factions that are now less inclined to help you.
And for one faction to win over the other they need to kill / incapacitate a significant portion of the enemy faction. Likely taking heavy losses themselves. There being a civil war at all will be a suicide move with possible outside forces attacking the planet in the future.
I can't say for certain but i'm going to go out on a limb and say i'm 99.9% sure you probably made things a lot harder for yourself as well as painting a target on your back.
Of course it is a harder route. But I'm hoping the payoff is worth it.
The warriors might not do much about it but i'm 100% sure the priestess will likely want you dead now.

Statistics pulled out of my arse but my point stands. I think going solo is the worst possible thing to do.
I'm pretty sure the priestess want you dead regardless of faction you choose. It isn't like you actually got any help if you choose to ally with the priestesses.

Reactions: whichone

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
The Chapter 10 scene gallery has a Vess scene...how do you get it? I didn't even see her this entire chapter.

Also, is it just me or does the codex not even have Vess' profile?
It's impossible to not see her but still complete the entire Chapter 10.

And Vess is most certainly in the Codex.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
lol I have a save for all 3. Solo, Warrior & Priestess.
Felt like going alone, so as not to contribute to either side's claim, but also felt inclined to support the Warriors, for the same reason as c3p0 - at least you'll see their blade coming.
Still, also enjoy the idea of entering a bit of a power game with Erylin, feel plenty confident that the outcome will turn in the MCs favour.
I've made a savepoint there. Will try the other routes for sure, perhaps do the same as you, yet I wait until this routes have more content than now.
Also like to give my gift to Keo again.:sneaky:

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've made a savepoint there. Will try the other routes for sure, perhaps do the same as you, yet I wait until this routes have more content than now.
Also like to give my gift to Keo again.:sneaky:
Yeah, either the Solo or the Warrior route is my preferred option, atm.
But I would like to see where each of them takes us.

Reactions: c3p0

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I just found it weird that the mom doesn't appear on the codex now. Is there any specific reason for that?

I understand she doesn't appear in the story yet, but curious about her entry being removed. After all, the MC should know his own mom.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I thought Eva DID have some sort of power, because something about her made one of the characters acquire a position of power among a group of people, and I'm not talking about the Priestess or the iron bastard's crew

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So it stands to reason, that going solo and taking that power away from them, will grant/return it to Eva/Cam.
How?

The only possible way it would benefit them is if the queen was constantly in the public eye, she isn't which means the public has no way of knowing what's going on which also means the priestess still controls the narrative.

The priestess also still controls access and going solo means the warriors won't back up any play Cam makes. He's literally on his own in hostile territory with no way to leave because they also still control the only way to repair the ship.

Even if the queen ordered repairs they only need to get it to take off. Leave a few breaches here and there and atmosphere takes care of the rest.

Erylin is also a political snake that's been planning this for some time, if you think for 1 second she's suddenly going to play nice because you killed a bug and a bit of public praise I think you may be in for a shock.

I don't understand why some people think just because he won the hunt that 2 factions vying for control of their planet are just suddenly going to stop and bow to his whim..... You are in the way of both of their plans, they aren't just suddenly going to stop those plans because you say so. Even with winning the hunt do you honestly think the people would allow him to take their queen?

Like I said, you may get the respect of the people but that will only go so far only now you have no friends at all.

I hope it goes all sunshine and rainbows for you but I very highly doubt it will.

Now, if I was the priestess i'd give him all the access he wants, i'd even leave it open for him to make his escape. Then i'd spin the narrative he'd tried to kidnap the queen and take her away from her people which not only takes away any good will he won from the hunt but also puts him and his crew at my mercy. The warriors wouldn't help, his crew are outgunned.

I'm just glad i'm not on your crew. You risked pissing off both factions and pushing them into a corner hard enough for them to have to fight back on the hope things will turn out okay. Basically you risked the lives of your entire crew on hopes and wishes.

In a game that's already shown mass murder, torture, kidnapping, murder and a woman okay with killing her own children yet i'm seeing people think not picking sides will make everyone friends ..... amongst a people on the verge of civil war ..... with one of those people being a power hungry narcissist willing to offer up her own daughter against her will just to get him on side.

I don't share your optimism.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I just found it weird that the mom doesn't appear on the codex now. Is there any specific reason for that?

I understand she doesn't appear in the story yet, but curious about her entry being removed. After all, the MC should know his own mom.
Say what? She's right there in the Codex.

1630635914614.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

She's there.

Maybe her entry was buried under all those dicks she's riding.

Momma likes her some dicking.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes