cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So normally, if you install a new version of the same game it should not matter whether you leave the saves in the new folder empty, if you copy them over, or even if you copy saves from completely different games, since RenPy will just load the appdata saves anyway.
i know but there have been few cases when game has gotten new name in \appdata\roaming\renpy and then saves there won't load cause new version has different path but saves in \game\saves load.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
i know but there have been few cases when game has gotten new name in \appdata\roaming\renpy and then saves there won't load cause new version has different path but saves in \game\saves load.
Ah yes, had that happen once or twice. Although in that case you still have a workaround: loadup the new game, start and save, so that the new appdata folder will be created, copy over data from the old appdata.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
One of the few times I actively avoided the mother in one of these games. Only way to see her scene is to follow up two other dudes and that is an absolute no for me.
I don't want to force you in any way but, you should play it because there's an explanation for that scene after, the only thing I can say is... not everything is like it appears at a first impression. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
I don't want to force you in any way but, you should play it because there's an explanation for that scene after, the only thing I can say is... not everything is like it appears at a first impression. :)
She still fucks two guys prior to the player and gods alone know how many after the mc leaves which is an issue for me. Rather just not touch her in that context. Ended up just skipping scenes with her which truncated the update but I can live with that.

• Angry
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
easier to copy saves from old \game to new \game.
Wouldn't say that since way more than 90% of the time it doesn't help and the two extra clicks one in 10 updates do not justify that for me - but if it works for you it's doing no harm.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
One of the few times I actively avoided the mother in one of these games. Only way to see her scene is to follow up two other dudes and that is an absolute no for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hot ass treat her like a whore and watersports scene is all you missed lewd wise.

Love that scene personally but eh it ain't for everyone

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Hot ass treat her like a whore and watersports scene is all you missed lewd wise.

Love that scene personally but eh it ain't for everyone
Yeah see I look at it like:

She is not in any way a Love Interest (LI)
Those who are, I want to explore and share pleasure and bring feeling into it. Even some who may be a one off like the translator but she has potential LI vibes ya know.

What pop star wannabe is, is a Cum Dumpster fuck hole
It is fun to use them as such and does not detract from quality relationships above. So I am fine with those interjections.

PEACE

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Doesn't matter in AVN worlds. No dangers to keeping it in the family.
Actually, I don't remember too many games where "full family" babies were actually delivered. Mostly it happens behind the scenes after the credits roll, doesn't it?

But yeah, as with everything else, certain practical problems can be ignored within a story (movie, book, AVN). However, depending on the individual of course, some omissions don't work as well as others.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Actually, I don't remember too many games where "full family" babies were actually delivered. Mostly it happens behind the scenes after the credits roll, doesn't it?

But yeah, as with everything else, certain practical problems can be ignored within a story (movie, book, AVN). However, depending on the individual of course, some omissions don't work as well as others.
Also I'm pretty sure I mentioned internal logic on how the world works and multiple ways that an author could/tend to explain away the issue so I didn't even understand the intent of that comment.
edit: also yes it depends on the person, for me interal logic and consistency is somewhat important, not the end all be all but I like when the story makes some sense internally.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Doesn't matter in AVN worlds. No dangers to keeping it in the family.

I mean I do not want to get too deep into the woods but:

The science and technology to travel to a distant planetary system are barely theoretical concepts to us that we truly do not know how to accomplish right now

The S and T to manipulate genes to prevent birth defects are something we can conceive achieving within a couple/few decades

So ignoring "inbreeding" is super duper within internal logic as compared to astronomical distances traversed in less than 100+ years

Just saying

PEACE

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

The science and technology to travel to a distant planetary system are barely theoretical concepts to us that we truly do not know how to accomplish right now

The S and T to manipulate genes to prevent birth defects are something we can conceive achieving within a couple/few decades

So ignoring "inbreeding" is super duper within internal logic as compared to astronomical distances traversed in less than 100+ years

Just saying

PEACE
You got a point there. Though throughout history, sometimes some fields of knowledge have just stalled for centuries and what was "close to getting done" in the 11th century was basically the same in the 17th while other stuff progressed faster.

Most of the time you're correct of course. However, I cannot see how a baby can be gotten rid off the problems arising from incest without making it a different baby. But that's a whole different question.

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

Just saying

PEACE
yes, I said that they most likelly had the tech on my original comment.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
You got a point there. Though throughout history, sometimes some fields of knowledge have just stalled for centuries and what was "close to getting done" in the 11th century was basically the same in the 17th while other stuff progressed faster.

Most of the time you're correct of course. However, I cannot see how a baby can be gotten rid off the problems arising from incest without making it a different baby. But that's a whole different question.
yeah, moralitty is the reason why we aren't that much closer than before, and sometimes just religous uproar.
That is a good question though, for me the brain is what makes a person who they are so I would argue that anything else is irrelevant, but a baby normally isn't themselves yet until a little later I think, great now I'll go down a rabbit hole about brain development.
edit: just though of a hole in my logic, mostly I guess it would be "does this makes their life quality worse in some way?" if the answer is yes than it is okay to exercise something, like I would love not having vision problems.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
yeah, moralitty is the reason why we aren't that much closer than before, and sometimes just religous uproar.
That is a good question though, for me the brain is what makes a person who they are so I would argue that anything else is irrelevant, but a baby normally isn't themselves yet until a little later I think, great now I'll go down a rabbit hole about brain development.
edit: just though of a hole in my logic, mostly I guess it would be "does this makes their life quality worse in some way?" if the answer is yes than it is okay to exercise something, like I would love not having vision problems.
What I meant was more the - philosophical - question: if a man and a women conceive a child, it inherits their genes. With some rolls of the dice. If these parents are siblings, odds are something goes wrong. So if the dice rolled "something goes wrong because you're siblings" and you take that away - is it really your sibling child anymore? Or something engineered from the outside?

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
What I meant was more the - philosophical - question: if a man and a women conceive a child, it inherits their genes. With some rolls of the dice. If these parents are siblings, odds are something goes wrong. So if the dice rolled "something goes wrong because you're siblings" and you take that away - is it really your sibling child anymore? Or something engineered from the outside?
yeah I can see that, but then again wouldn't that be valid to every child? but yeah it is an iteresting thing to think about.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes