VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
I don't know if it's too early to ask, but does anyone have any news about the development of chapter 19?

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
i wish there were mod to put a paper bag on MC's head, i mean, shouldn't be that hard - there is no need to edit every render, you could probably be able to do it with scripts and like five pics of paper bags at different angles on transparent background, just like many sandbox games do to cut corners instead of doing extra renders, cuz fuck me this fucking dork face with ugliest fucking hair in whole DAZ repository... if not for decent MC writing - it would even beat ratface from Rock Star

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't know if it's too early to ask, but does anyone have any news about the development of chapter 19?
check discord etc but since ep 18 came out in december prolly nothing concrete yet.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Is the codex being written to some file?

Because I've edited one entree in "episode001.rpy".
As a test:
loaded a save, and the edit doesn't show, however...
if I start a new game, and get said codex entry to be set, it shows the edit.

here goes a copy of the code from unaltered version [from multimod]:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems a little odd how the codex is handled in this game.

I'm just looking for a way my edits/fixes to the codex entrees, is reflected in saves after I've already had the codex entrees set in the game.

Would simply be nice to have the entirety of the codex in its own .rpy file, and the game just calls up the info, so If someone edits said .rpy file, it reflects in all saves.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023

Because I've edited one entree in "episode001.rpy".
As a test:
loaded a save, and the edit doesn't show, however...
if I start a new game, and get said codex entry to be set, it shows the edit.

here goes a copy of the code from unaltered version [from multimod]:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems a little odd how the codex is handled in this game.

I'm just looking for a way my edits/fixes to the codex entrees, is reflected in saves after I've already had the codex entrees set in the game.

Would simply be nice to have the entirety of the codex in its own .rpy file, and the game just calls up the info, so If someone edits said .rpy file, it reflects in all saves.
The codex is stored in the save file. Edits to the script don't retroactively change it (can't change it, even). You could potentially use an after_load label to rewrite the entire codex object/class.

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
What Quetzzz says is correct. The codex entries are added at the moment the "Codex Updated" notification is shown and as such the state is stored in the save file. Retro-actively editing entries only has an effect on new playthroughs.

I've used for the codex and kinda regretting the choice exactly for this reason. It would be easier to store everything in a separate file and only store the locked/unlocked state for each entry. It's similar to how the scene gallery is set up and how I would handle it in a new game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I've used for the codex and kinda regretting the choice exactly for this reason. It would be easier to store everything in a separate file and only store the locked/unlocked state for each entry. It's similar to how the scene gallery is set up and how I would handle it in a new game.
well that's for next game, fantasy maybe.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
What Quetzzz says is correct. The codex entries are added at the moment the "Codex Updated" notification is shown and as such the state is stored in the save file. Retro-actively editing entries only has an effect on new playthroughs.

I'm not good at scripting python or however it currently outputs the codex, ie: how it sorts.
I hope I can write up my own 'pseudo codex' mod.

I could just keep it at the default alphabetical sorting [should make keeping all codex entrees inside a single .rpy file easy to search and format], and keep all the variables/triggers that make said codex entry show in the list + state[unread/read]. As I see plenty of variables already in place, just need to make a non-python codex page that has same layout as the current codex.

I'm going to tinker with season 1 episode 1 later, to see if I can get a working base first. [basically copying all the codex entrees into their own screens or just make buttons that toggle views, I guess.]

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes