Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Interestingly, I only just discovered this new game from Perverteer after the last update and finished the last episode today. The main reason for this is that on the latest updates page the author isn't visible unless you stop on the game banner and it opens up a little more, so I just missed it. I would have looked at Perverteer's new game earlier otherwise.

Have to say that I am pleasantly surprised that Perverteer can also write a decent sci-fi story. So far the game looks excellent, the story is captivating and isn't perceptibly cringy from the sci-fi side (not going to bitch or question about the spacetime relativity effects, the size difference of the Iron Bastard from the outside and inside and some other details commonly broken by most of the sci-fi genre stories - the story is not about physics after all).
The game design is also good and code seems almost bug free.

An excellent job again, Perverteer! Love the story and will wait for the next episodes.

Yes, it's an obvious continuity error, a missing condition that makes Aven's conversation available before retrieving Tubloshi skeleton from Skarak.
She mentions Skarak when you bump into her before she gets to the showers and also in the longer conversation after she gets out of the shower.

The original code in episode004_conversations.rpy:
Python:
                {
                    'name': 'Aven',
                    'action': 'ep004_aven_talk',
                    'visible': True if not ep004_aven_talk else False
                },
should not trigger before Skarak events, so it should look like this:
Python:
                {
                    'name': 'Aven',
                    'action': 'ep004_aven_talk',
                    'visible': True if not ep004_aven_talk and ep004_skarak else False
                },
I fixed this condition to disable access to her conversation before Skarak and also added a few lines after the Skarak events in episode004.rpy that will reset ep004_aven_encounter and ep004_aven_talk flags to enable Aven button at the time this conversation should occur, even in case you have seen it already before its time.
You can use any save from before or from the Skarak visit to see Aven after taking off from Skarak and make sense of her flirty behavior and talk about Skarak.

Also, in the conversation with Raene a line that should be from the MC, another character jumps in because of a minor typo:
Python:
                     scene expression eye_blink("images/ep004/ep004_quarters_ra_sad") with dissolve
                     ra "I’m sorry you had to see that earlier."
                     ra "The injections, I mean."
                     ca "Ziv isn’t forcing them on you, is she?"
                     ra "Oh no, not at all!"
                     scene expression eye_blink("images/ep004/ep004_quarters_ra_shock") with dissolve
                     ra "You don’t think Ziv is...{w} I’m not her captive, or anything."
Should be c "Ziv isn’t forcing them on you, is she?"
And is also fixed in the patch.

So, only just two bugs that I noticed and only one of them breaks the story a little.
A nice almost clean job for a game with loads of content already. Well done!

How to use the patch:

Just extract the patch into the root folder of the game (the main folder where the game launcher file TalesFromTheUnendingVoid.exe is) and overwrite the 'game' subfolder and files in it.
Thanks Penfold! Glad you liked the game and I'm of course happy about your comments on the stability of the code. I'll use your Aven fix for v0.5, that should handle that pesky continuity error.

You're right the size of the Iron Bastard can't accommodate that many rooms, it's slightly too small to have two levels of crew quarters, though it almost fits. If necessary I'm sure I can always invoke the Rule of TARDIS. And I'm glad you're don't get too hung up on the scientific details, this is very much science fantasy in the vein of Star Wars and not hard science fiction. I'd love to be the Kim Stanley Robinson of adult VNs, but I'm severely lacking in the science department.

There any chance in the future of getting pregnant by a futa?
There will be (optional) pregnancies and impregnation in the game, including for the main characters (I'd like to handle that in a similar vein as in Sisterly Lust if possible). I'm not so sure about the MC being pregnant though. I wouldn't know how to work that into the current storyline, other than the MC being subjected to some freaky science, but that would be a temporary situation (and optional of course).

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
There will be (optional) pregnancies and impregnation in the game, including for the main characters (I'd like to handle that in a similar vein as in Sisterly Lust if possible). I'm not so sure about the MC being pregnant though. I wouldn't know how to work that into the current storyline, other than the MC being subjected to some freaky science, but that would be a temporary situation (and optional of course).
Being a HUGE fan of SL and the "geteveryonepregnantnow!"-route, I'm obviously looking forward to a similar thing with TotUV. With that said, the idea of the MC becoming preggers with Ziv is ... unexpectedly/strangely appealing, and would definitely make it stand out. Scientifically it wouldn't even be very far-fetched, if you have a future race with futas, where they both can choose (in a partnership) which one of the couples would be the pregnant one, wouldn't that thinking be carried over in a relationship with someone of another race? And technically, we're almost (not quite) there already, with our comparatively primitive technology, so it would be more unlikely that that tech didn't exist than the opposite.

Sorry, thinking aloud mainly, your game, your vision obviously. Just keep up the amazing work you're doing.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Being a HUGE fan of SL and the "geteveryonepregnantnow!"-route, I'm obviously looking forward to a similar thing with TotUV. With that said, the idea of the MC becoming preggers with Ziv is ... unexpectedly/strangely appealing, and would definitely make it stand out. Scientifically it wouldn't even be very far-fetched, if you have a future race with futas, where they both can choose (in a partnership) which one of the couples would be the pregnant one, wouldn't that thinking be carried over in a relationship with someone of another race? And technically, we're almost (not quite) there already, with our comparatively primitive technology, so it would be more unlikely that that tech didn't exist than the opposite.

Sorry, thinking aloud mainly, your game, your vision obviously. Just keep up the amazing work you're doing.
Since we don't know precisely how her species reproduces it is possible I suppose
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That being said, not a fan so I hope it'll be optional

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Since we don't know precisely how her species reproduces it is possible I suppose

Hilarious pic! Yeah, definitely optional, I think I'm more intrigued by the idea than aroused, but y'know ... I like to try new things, and that would be very new.

Reactions: Hollywoodn

Dec 20, 2019
Hi, is it possible to have a love adventure with Lilly ?
Thanks
I'm sure it's available down the road. Too early to ask for it, these things need, as you said it, love. Although I want Eva more, I do not know if there's a chance about her, we don't get the opportunity to build a relationship with her just yet. I hope we still get her later.

Dec 20, 2019
Pursuant to a discussion with dear Holy Bacchus in another thread, I am confused as to the vanilla relationships vs incest patched relationships between MC and Aven / Lilly / Eva / Nadya. I am assuming that in the original version, Nadya is the family friend and Aven / Lilly / Eva are daughters of Nadya and childhood friends of the MC. But in the patched version he started calling them sisters. Can anyone enlighten me which relationships is the original? I asked because I cannot determine if the patch is a revert to original or a patch to make the game incestuous.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Pursuant to a discussion with dear Holy Bacchus in another thread, I am confused as to the vanilla relationships vs incest patched relationships between MC and Aven / Lilly / Eva / Nadya. I am assuming that in the original version, Nadya is the family friend and Aven / Lilly / Eva are daughters of Nadya and childhood friends of the MC. But in the patched version he started calling them sisters. Can anyone enlighten me which relationships is the original? I asked because I cannot determine if the patch is a revert to original or a patch to make the game incestuous.
Revert, the other version is just a figleaf to keep the prudes over at Patreon happy.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Perv changed it in the most recent version, now Lilly, Eva, and Aven are not sisters without the patch. Which you consider canon is up to you

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017

Ever since I saw a couple of videos I've wanted to include (optional) oviposition in a storyline. It's still on the list of possible topics.

Hi, is it possible to have a love adventure with Lilly ?
Thanks
Not yet, but she's one of the major love interests in the game.

I'm sure it's available down the road. Too early to ask for it, these things need, as you said it, love. Although I want Eva more, I do not know if there's a chance about her, we don't get the opportunity to build a relationship with her just yet. I hope we still get her later.
I can confirm that Eva will be a love interest too. Seems a waste to being only able to pursue one sister...
As MysteryCrabs already mentioned, I've changed their relationships in the vanilla versions retroactively in episode 4. They're now all the children of separate employees on the family estate and Nadya isn't explicitly a mother to any of them. I realized that having any familial relationship would gate off too much sexual content later on in the censored version game. It's a figleaf for sure, but there are quite a few players who never use the patch and are happily playing the vanilla version.

Dec 20, 2019
I can confirm that Eva will be a love interest too. Seems a waste to being only able to pursue one sister...
Don't you mean two at the moment? Slip of a tongue spoiler alert?
Edit: Ok, taking in account the above mentioned update. No sisters. And thanks! Looking forward to the three "sisters"!
As MysteryCrabs already mentioned, I've changed their relationships in the vanilla versions retroactively in episode 4. They're now all the children of separate employees on the family estate and Nadya isn't explicitly a mother to any of them. I realized that having any familial relationship would gate off too much sexual content later on in the censored version game. It's a figleaf for sure, but there are quite a few players who never use the patch and are happily playing the vanilla version.
I will try not patching it when the next update hit the stores. I was checking the codex and it still says sister though. I will seriously try to subscribe to you when I can afford it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Perverteer

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
In the Codex Ryujin Prime entry, it still refers to Nadya as Eva and Lily's mother. Better fix that.

Also, when the MC first meets Aven again on Ryujin Prime, he's still referring to Nadya as Professor Valenmann de Lonval, which is the same last name as the MC. And the MC thinks Aven looks like a raven-haired mix between Eva and Lilly. And Aven calls herself Nadya's daughter. Probably a good idea to change all that as well.

Reactions: Perverteer
4.40 star(s) 134 Votes