PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
can someone pls share the saves , somewhy mine old saves arent working and i cant progress any further, mentioned a while ago,
save linked on ist page isnt working for me either.

saves before 1 or 2 updates would be fine :)
No! Play the game! I recently had to start over from day one and really enjoyed playing. This is a game to be played and enjoyed, not cheated with someone else's save.

PLAY THE GAME!!! STOP ASKING FOR SAVES!!!

Adventure ever on, Phat:eek:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
If you mean chapter 2, then it's going to be some time, yes.
If you mean the 2nd part of the end of chapter 1, then it should be coming soon™. A month or 2 estimated, IIRC.
Check thread search for username c3p0, he's been posting the dev updates.
See here for latest, which states around a month for part 2.
See here for post from Hopes giving a bit of info about what is included in part 2.
To be fair, Hopes has a long established reputation of underestimating the timing of his release, so it's not exactly wise to quote his "around a month" estimate.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
To be fair, Hopes has a long established reputation of underestimating the timing of his release, so it's not exactly wise to quote his "around a month" estimate.
Around the month may be true, yet I wouldn not define which month he meant. :devilish: :whistle:

jaabr

Nov 20, 2019
No! Play the game! I recently had to start over from day one and really enjoyed playing. This is a game to be played and enjoyed, not cheated with someone else's save.

PLAY THE GAME!!! STOP ASKING FOR SAVES!!!

Adventure ever on, Phat:eek:
i would if i could, I just dont have that kind of time :cry:

Jan 11, 2023
awesome game!
the only thing that bugs me is that the MC is just halfhearted to figure out why he is forced to be there or at least try to flee.
would be cool to have an option to piss off cordia every time we see her because of this.
also he trust all that gangsters and freaks way to much.

sorry if my englisch sucks. its not my native language. :giggle:

• Angry
Reactions: EJW

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
awesome game!
the only thing that bugs me is that the MC is just halfhearted to figure out why he is forced to be there or at least try to flee.
would be cool to have an option to piss off cordia every time we see her because of this.
also he trust all that gangsters and freaks way to much.

sorry if my englisch sucks. its not my native language. :giggle:
Gameplay wise I like having options, even if the choice is clear, so I agree on that front.

However, I guess pissing of Cordia "every time" would amount to exactly one time and a very short game ;)

Reactions: Paco Loco

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
He has legitimate reasons for trusting Luna, Gracie & Isabel.
He has no real legitimate reason to distrust Cordia.
I don't think any of the family members he's met have lied to him.
He's good at reading people, so perhaps the thing he's trusting is his own judgement.
Isabel, maybe you could argue is just a deliberately ignorant mob wife. But the others are violent criminals holding him hostage. Trusting or even having a mild liking for any of them would be the definition of insanity.

• Angry
Reactions: EJW

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Isabel, maybe you could argue is just a deliberately ignorant mob wife. But the others are violent criminals holding him hostage. Trusting or even having a mild liking for any of them would be the definition of insanity.
In a vacuum I would agree, but with what we know about the MC, him trusting them makes a lot of sense.

The MC learned very young and way too early that the opposite of Love is not Hate, with those two actually being siblings, but indifference. Nobody ever cared for the MC, he could do whatever he wants, whenever he wants from a very young age.

It's the reason why he disconnected from the world, and why he, instead of participating in all things young people do, stood back and observed. He could never figure out or understand why the two people who are supposed to love and guide him, his mom and dad, never showed him any affection and it shaped him into who he is.

And look what he has now:

Gracie : "I will kill anyone who even tries to hurt you."
Luna : "I will never let anyone hurt you."
Cordia : "You are my family and I will never let anyone hurt my family."
Antonio : "I would've killed him on the spot if he tried to hurt one of mine."

Yea, the situation the MC is in is fucked up and he is still not comfortable with the violence, but he has found exactly what eluded him all his life; people who care for him, people who he matters to, ties that bind - family bonds.

So the fact that the MC trusts them and developes deep connections with them is really not a surprise, they all finally fill the hole his parents left him with all those years ago.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
In a vacuum I would agree, but with what we know about the MC, him trusting them makes a lot of sense.

The MC learned very young and way too early that the opposite of Love is not Hate, with those two actually being siblings, but indifference. Nobody ever cared for the MC, he could do whatever he wants, whenever he wants from a very young age.

It's the reason why he disconnected from the world, and why he, instead of participating in all things young people do, stood back and observed. He could never figure out or understand why the two people who are supposed to love and guide him, his mom and dad, never showed him any affection and it shaped him into who he is.

And look what he has now:

Gracie : "I will kill anyone who even tries to hurt you."
Luna : "I will never let anyone hurt you."
Cordia : "You are my family and I will never let anyone hurt my family."
Antonio : "I would've killed him on the spot if he tried to hurt one of mine."

Yea, the situation the MC is in is fucked up and he is still not comfortable with the violence, but he has found exactly what eluded him all his life; people who care for him, people who he matters to, ties that bind - family bonds.

So the fact that the MC trusts them and developes deep connections with them is really not a surprise, they all finally fill the hole his parents left him with all those years ago.
I see your point. I don't agree with your reading (I think it breezes past the basic premise that these fuckers are holding the MC against his will and their talking of him as "family" or "theirs" is wildly insulting), but I can see how it makes sense from your point of view.

I know the dev doesn't have the scope to allow for much branching, so it is what it is.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The reason I said he has legitimate reason to trust them, is because they exposed massive vulnerabilities to him.
Luna & Isabel have both confided in him with huge personal issues.
Gracie, to a lesser degree. But she's let him in.
Trust enables trust.

None of them had anything to do with MC being taken, nor did Joey, nor did Serpent.
Of the people he's met, only Cordia, Antonio & Wilfred (+Blackie) are even aware of his contract, most people have no idea why the MC is staying in the main house, with the Family.
None of them has been violent to the MC.
Sure, there's been violence in his presence, but that has been against other people, trying to kill us. Justifiable.

Even if MC was being held captive, people can enjoy the company of their captors, it's quite common.
Have you heard of Stockholm syndrome?
I see your point. I don't agree with your reading (I think it breezes past the basic premise that these fuckers are holding the MC against his will and their talking of him as "family" or "theirs" is wildly insulting), but I can see how it makes sense from your point of view.
You're assuming it's against his will, but when has he expressed any desire to leave?
He was taken without him knowing why, but that doesn't mean it's against his will.
It's not as if he was locked up in the boot of the car, he was freely (willingly?) sitting beside Wilfred.
If it was against his will, he'd have tried to leave, long ago.
The only "will" he's expressed is to investigate the situation, not to leave it behind.

His Mother (& presumably his Father) are\were criminals. So is his childhood friend's whole family.
These are the type of people he's grown up knowing, in that context I really don't see why you find his acceptance of them so strange.
He reads people exceptionally well, so he's judging them for "who" they are, not "what" they are.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Even if MC was being held captive, people can enjoy the company of their captors, it's quite common.
Have you heard of Stockholm syndrome?

You're assuming it's against his will, but when has he expressed any desire to leave?
I don't want to prolong this needlessly as we're unlikely ever to agree. Just want to point out two things:

Stockholm syndrome as a specific condition has been widely debunked as pseudoscience in the 50 years since it was first proposed. It's not really key to your argument, so no biggie, it's just a bugbear of mine.

The MC states repeatedly during the intro that he is forced to be there. During the first "family" dinner, he can (optionally) ask if he can't just leave, to which Cordia responds "No." and that's the end of that.
Code:
            pov "I don't understand why you would keep me here..."
            pov "Can't you just let me leave?"
            cor "..."
            cor "No."

But you're right that the MC is generally not portrayed as being too bothered by his circumstances once we get past the introduction. That is precisely my issue: There's a disconnect for me in the behaviour of the MC here, where he simply stops making sense to me as a reader/player. But that's the way the dev wants to do it, so that's more or less the end of that.

Reactions: armond
4.40 star(s) 488 Votes