bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
TheSinWithin-0.3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Man, I'd *love* for there to be an option to disable all the various slow text. It's forced so incredibly often here, and it's just jarring. It leads to a lot of spamming through every-single-bloody-character, and then suddenly instead of waiting on a single line of dialogue you're halfway through the conversation and have to go back.

It's really incredibly annoying, and it really doesn't have to be.

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Man, I'd *love* for there to be an option to disable all the various slow text. It's forced so incredibly often here, and it's just jarring. It leads to a lot of spamming through every-single-bloody-character, and then suddenly instead of waiting on a single line of dialogue you're halfway through the conversation and have to go back.

It's really incredibly annoying, and it really doesn't have to be.
Yeah, that sounds fair.
These effects are "baked" into the dialogue, though, so there isn't a simple way to toggle it on or off.

It's another vice of mine, I'm afraid... Setting these "slow-text" tags in the dialogue takes a lot of typing too, which is a tad annoying. Considering removing these and just using Ren'Py's slow-text configuration for every dialogue instead. That would allow you to configure the text speed in the Preferences window.

Last edited:

CigarRex

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Will there be plans for an android version or not at all..?
I couldn't really figure out how to port it to Android directly from Ren'Py. I've also heard many say the APK will only compile up to 2gb, so I didn't even bother. Now I'm not even sure if JoiPlay is working properly, since Ren'Py updated...
I'd still very much like the game to be playable on mobile, but I'm not familiar with the tools yet.

Reactions: Reyto

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
The Sin Within [v0.3] [CigarRex] – Compressed

Win/Linux v0.3 · · · · (843.9 MiB :: 2.46 GiB)
Mac v0.3 · · · · (838.9 MiB :: 2.45 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

CubeD

Aug 1, 2021
I don't understand. Level Maggy, Penny and Robin to 100, get the reward, buy the special unlocks... then done for the update? Is this correct?

Judging by gallery, it is :confused:

TsukiNoKaen

Dec 24, 2017
Oooh, currently awaiting Android port, which hopefully gets uploaded to something other than MixDrop so it can actually be downloaded.

Reactions: CigarRex

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Getting this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage '[currentSceneName]': could not find image. ('images/bg/locations/home/events/mom_1_noon_kitchen_bg.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/script.rpyc", line 47, in script call
  File "scripts/core/script.rpyc", line 73, in script call
  File "scripts/core/functions.rpyc", line 103, in script
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1562, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1391, in show_imspec
    renpy.config.show(name,
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 759, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1190, in add
    thing.set_transform_event("show")
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 695, in set_transform_event
    self.child.set_transform_event(event)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 501, in set_transform_event
    return self.target.set_transform_event(event)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 760, in set_transform_event
    self.find_target()
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 683, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage '[currentSceneName]': could not find image. ('images/bg/locations/home/events/mom_1_noon_kitchen_bg.webp')

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
The Sin Within - 0.3 0.3
Thu Jul 20 14:28:18 2023
And this one.

Code:

While running game code:
KeyError: 'rel_family'

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/script.rpyc", line 68, in script call
  File "scripts/core/functions.rpyc", line 118, in script call
  File "scripts/events/events.rpyc", line 122, in script
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1334, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1248, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1228, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
The Sin Within - 0.3 0.3
Thu Jul 20 14:31:47 2023

CigarRex

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Getting this error.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/script.rpyc", line 73, in script call
  File "scripts/core/functions.rpyc", line 103, in script
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1562, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1391, in show_imspec
    renpy.config.show(name,
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 759, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1190, in add
    thing.set_transform_event("show")
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 695, in set_transform_event
    self.child.set_transform_event(event)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 501, in set_transform_event
    return self.target.set_transform_event(event)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 760, in set_transform_event
    self.find_target()
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 683, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
The Sin Within - 0.3 0.3
Thu Jul 20 14:28:18 2023
And this one.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/script.rpyc", line 68, in script call
  File "scripts/core/functions.rpyc", line 118, in script call
  File "scripts/events/events.rpyc", line 122, in script
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1334, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1248, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1228, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "C:\Users\dugfo\Games\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\TheSinWithin-0.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
The Sin Within - 0.3 0.3
Thu Jul 20 14:31:47 2023
Try running a new save
Seems like the game is trying to load certain scripts from 0.2... "mom kitchen noon" was a scene only present there, which got scrapped.
How did you install the game?

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Try running a new save
Seems like the game is trying to load certain scripts from 0.2... "mom kitchen noon" was a scene only present there, which got scrapped.
How did you install the game?
I just downloaded the Mega link from the OP, extracted the files, moved my old save files over to the new folder, and loaded the last save. Guess I will try a different save and see if that works when I get a chance. Thanks for replying.

Reactions: CigarRex
4.40 star(s) 34 Votes