felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You're assuming the dad finds out about Josy and Maya being back together. There's a number of ways that could play out. One of which is the much theorized MC pretending to be Maya or Josy's boyfriend. Or maybe Josy has to take a shit, and only Maya and MC go to the room first and find the dad, and while they confront him, Josy hears it from the outside and stays away. Or some other scenario.

But the danger of Daddy showing up whenever he pleases unannounced still remains. And so Josy moves in to the HOT house.

As for "waiting for what to happen?" Thats literally what Maya's plotline is about. Finding a solution to her dad's bullshit.

Well, changing the key won't really do anything, imo. The dad managed to get a key somehow in the first place. Presumably, he'd just a copy of the new key the same way.
if the father does not find Josy it makes no sense that Mc pretend to be someone's boyfriend, what good would it be?

how would Maya's father justify his presence in his daughter's room? either he catches them red-handed or he just risks a complaint and losing the advantage of the key and surprise visits.

if instead the boys do not find anyone in the room I don't see why they should decide to change thei behavior

Maya's father has always visited his daughter, but this does not convince them of the danger of living together, the father could have knocked on the door even during rehearsals with Mr. Pinky ..

I am not saying that it is impossible, but today there is no reason

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
if the father does not find Josy it makes no sense that Mc pretend to be someone's boyfriend, what good would it be?
I don't think you're understanding my posts at all.
Scenario 1: MC, Maya, Josie go to the room. Find Dad. MC pretends to be one of their boyfriends.
Scenario 2: MC, Maya go to the room. Josie takes a shit, or forgets something and goes to get it or whatever. Comes back, here's Dad, leaves until he's gone.
You're confusing two different situations together.

how would Maya's father justify his presence in his daughter's room? either he catches them red-handed or he just risks a complaint and losing the advantage of the key and surprise visits.
What needs to be justified? "Shut up or you won't get the tuition money."

if instead the boys do not find anyone in the room I don't see why they should decide to change thei behavior
Sure, yeah. But then there's no point to the ep6 cliffhanger. That whole cliffhanger is MC/Maya/Josie going to the room while Dad is there. Thats literally the big "oh shit whats going to happen next time" moment.

Maya's father has always visited his daughter, but this does not convince them of the danger of living together, the father could have knocked on the door even during rehearsals with Mr. Pinky ..

I am not saying that it is impossible, but today there is no reason
Previous visits, the dad called, if I remember correctly. This time, he's here unannounced, entering the room without permission, using a key he should not have. If you cannot tell the difference between these two situations, I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: Bear in mind, I'm not actually siding one way or the other with Josie going to the HOTs. I'm just saying, with the way Ep6 ended, there is a logical and straight line to Josie moving in with the HOTs . So dismissing that possiblity is silly, imo. Thats all.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think you're understanding my posts at all.
Scenario 1: MC, Maya, Josie go to the room. Find Dad. MC pretends to be one of their boyfriends.
Scenario 2: MC, Maya go to the room. Josie takes a shit, or forgets something and goes to get it or whatever. Comes back, here's Dad, leaves until he's gone.
You're confusing two different situations together.
the first scenario detonates the bomb, it is not credible that Maya's father finds her with Josy and is willing to believe the fairy tales they want to tell him

the second scenario would cancel the twist of the closing of the sixth chapter, at that point it would be better not to find anyone, at least in this way the twist would only be postponed.

What needs to be justified? "Shut up or you won't get the tuition money."

I do not agree.

forget that it is very controversial that the father has the money of a student loan.

but if he does not find Josy in the room, the father MUST justify his presence, it is not that the tuition justifies any of his interference

it does not make sense. imagine even worse what would happen if Maya walked into the room with another girl, her father would go to jail.

so either the father already knows about Josy or he goes away.
Previous visits, the dad called, if I remember correctly. This time, he's here unannounced, entering the room without permission, using a key he should not have. If you cannot tell the difference between these two situations, I don't know what to tell you.
here it is you who did not understand me.

that the father can show up at his daughter's door is a real risk, but this does not stop the two girls from living together.

finding him inside the room at night is another situation, but that one day he unexpectedly knocked on his daughter's room would have been a perfectly normal scenario, which the two girls did not care too much about.

so if they are not aware of their father's nocturnal visit I don't think they would change their behavior

the two sentences were in the same speech

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I just replayed the game and can't help but notice the tension between Bella and Jill in ep 5 when the shared a bed and more.
Did the have some sort of relationship before? I think Bella said something in the lines of "I stopped it". But hey that's just a theory AAAHHHh game theory.aanndddd cut.
Maaaaaaybe this topic has been discussed already many times

Reactions: lemonfreak

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
You want to maybe put some commas or periods in that paragraph there, buddy?

[Shakes head in disbelief at awful grammar and lack of punctuation.]
herm considering most people here speak fluently at least 2 languages that´s being a bit pedantic on you...

actually the lack of punctuation normally means when translated into speech (or into terrible handwriting by that matter) that such people think at a rate far superior to their typing skills and that´s one of the telltale signs of superior intelligence!(or that they are slow writers...)

Which makes since on why so many become grammar nazis, those people tend to feel threatened by others perceived superiority! Don´t be like that, you got value and you´re not worse off just because other stars are shinning!

as for the Maya´s dad theories you have no idea of whom you´re talking about! That dude spurn off a daughter who´s been proven extremely smart (the cum laude stuff) and is basically the full package!
Why do you think Derek behaves the way he does? He can´t satisfy his dad nor get his approval no matter what, and so once he realized that he just said screw it and started to act out since that´s the only way to get attention(and where does going naked all the time gives you attention? where did he learn that? perhaps from his house dynamics?)!
Since Derek is not dumb one can assume he discovered there´s no pleasing that dude!

The dad has some money and brains and likes adventure (normally an indication of lack of impulse control) since he goes on those summer trips which indicates he probably got wilderness survival skills such as making fires and camping stuff!

Also as anyone noticed that he had no scars on the photos but when he leaves the room he has a face scar ? that either means that he is not afraid of a fight or my favorite theory that Maya is not an innocent maiden who won´t go off violently and lash out when pushed... (somehow that makes me think she is more like her father then anyone wants to admit)

if the dad on top of all of that as military experience that´s someone you really don´t wanna mess with!

Also the place from where the father is coming from also means that if he loves her daughter "enough" perhaps it´s better to sacrifice his little angel and get her to heaven instead of allowing her to go down the path of sin and forever be condemned to an eternity of pain in hell!

Be clearly stated that i do not approve of this but i have met enough religious zealots in my life to know that they ain´t to be messed with and they do come in all genders shades shapes and sizes, may god saves us from the goody doers...

Threats in game:
-Tommy
- Isabella
-Jade (beware the revenge of a spurned woman)
- Stephen
- Quinn
-Vinnie
- Tybalt (one can only use a Mellon so much before there´s a crack on the mellow and he goes on an incel rage)
- Steve (if you didn't talked to him)
- Maya (her innocence and outburst although something extremely endearing to me might yet have a dark side to it, may God saves us from the goody doers...)
- the bouncer at the pink rose (?)

in DPC games i´m always scared i don´t know why... far more then in the Delucca family!

Reactions: uhhhok

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Maya just doesn't like HOTs, they wouldn't have liked it even if she got the free tuition ..

at first she considers them bitches, and after her experience with them I don't think she has changed her mind.
Quinn treated her very badly, Sage didn't even listen to her problems, not caring in the least about her situation. even Mona eventually "betrayed" her. and the other HOTs don't seem to me to have much in common with Maya (apart from MC's penis...)

these are all events that have also affected Josy but marginally. in my opinion, without a more or less explicit break between the two girls, it would still be strange that Josy moved to the HOTs.

we players know that Maya's father is an impending danger, but the girls are not, for the girls the father is the same danger that he represented when Josy arrived at the BR.

Maya should ask Josy to leave or Josy should propose it. but until when? until the end of college?

but also narratively: chapter 6 ended with a twist that this separation would make a sensational flop
I may be misunderstanding you but I get the impression that you feel that the HOT's are at fault for not liking Maya. If that's the case, I disagree.

Maya doesn't just dislike the HOT's, she specifically says that they are sluts. She looks down on them, thinks she's better than they are. People tend to notice attitude's like this and they tend to resent that attitude. For Maya's part, I believe she see's the HOT's as being like the girls in high school that shunned her, like that girl from the cafeteria scene (still can't remember her name). Still, it is what it is.

As far as Sage, if Maya had approached Sage in a more private setting and shown her the scavenger hunt list that Quinn assigned her, I think that her reaction would have been much different. This I think you just have to chalk up as bad writing, it's like the MC not being more specific about Quinn and the restaurant when he warn's Maya.

I think that Josy is different in this, with her friendly, outgoing personality she probably get's along with the HOT's much better than Maya does.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
the first scenario detonates the bomb, it is not credible that Maya's father finds her with Josy and is willing to believe the fairy tales they want to tell him

the second scenario would cancel the twist of the closing of the sixth chapter, at that point it would be better not to find anyone, at least in this way the twist would only be postponed.

I do not agree.

forget that it is very controversial that the father has the money of a student loan.

but if he does not find Josy in the room, the father MUST justify his presence, it is not that the tuition justifies any of his interference

it does not make sense. imagine even worse what would happen if Maya walked into the room with another girl, her father would go to jail.

so either the father already knows about Josy or he goes away.

here it is you who did not understand me.

that the father can show up at his daughter's door is a real risk, but this does not stop the two girls from living together.

finding him inside the room at night is another situation, but that one day he unexpectedly knocked on his daughter's room would have been a perfectly normal scenario, which the two girls did not care too much about.

so if they are not aware of their father's nocturnal visit I don't think they would change their behavior

the two sentences were in the same speech
I think you missed the point of the dialogue at the end of ep 6
Maya_Josy_Drama005.png

This line already denotes that Maya is concerned about Josy living in the same room, the scene with the Father being in the room is kinda pointless.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I may be misunderstanding you but I get the impression that you feel that the HOT's are at fault for not liking Maya. If that's the case, I disagree.

Maya doesn't just dislike the HOT's, she specifically says that they are sluts. She looks down on them, thinks she's better than they are. People tend to notice attitude's like this and they tend to resent that attitude. For Maya's part, I believe she see's the HOT's as being like the girls in high school that shunned her, like that girl from the cafeteria scene (still can't remember her name). Still, it is what it is.

As far as Sage, if Maya had approached Sage in a more private setting and shown her the scavenger hunt list that Quinn assigned her, I think that her reaction would have been much different. This I think you just have to chalk up as bad writing, it's like the MC not being more specific about Quinn and the restaurant when he warn's Maya.

I think that Josy is different in this, with her friendly, outgoing personality she probably get's along with the HOT's much better than Maya does.
partially, I try to explain better

Maya doesn't like the Hots, and it was definitely not a suitable environment for her and she thought of joining them exclusively for the free tuition

but in these first few weeks of life as an aspiring HOTs, her experience with them has not been positive.

she was Quinn's toy, and in this she was humiliated in front of the other HOTs too. there seemed to be a greater affinity with Mona, but even that relationship proved superficial.

Maya's opinion of the HOTs has certainly not improved

it's not the HOTs' fault because the HOTs are that, and they have nothing to do with Maya

while for example they are less distant from Josy's world

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think you missed the point of the dialogue at the end of ep 6
View attachment 1007975

This line already denotes that Maya is concerned about Josy living in the same room, the scene with the Father being in the room is kinda pointless.
Wow, DPC really did Maya dirty with that shot. She looks like a strung out, drunken zombie or something. I'm worried she's going to eat my brain instead of my dick.

Also, is there no building security at B&R? Outsiders can just come and go as they please at all hours of the day and night? Don't most campuses have some kind of keypad at the dormitory doors that at least lock at 5pm or something? Even Ms. Buzzcut receptionist apparently gives zero fucks about people strolling on by. I get that Maya's dad is a student parent, but allowing old men to walk the halls at night is a bit...odd. Especially when you consider the ladies have to use a hall toilet and shower. Is he a ninja? He never seems to be spotted by a scantily clad girl on her way back from the shower, who would certainly report him if not scream. He looks creepy as hell. Anyway, just odd.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
partially, I try to explain better

Maya doesn't like the Hots, and it was definitely not a suitable environment for her and she thought of joining them exclusively for the free tuition

but in these first few weeks of life as an aspiring HOTs, her experience with them has not been positive.

she was Quinn's toy, and in this she was humiliated in front of the other HOTs too. there seemed to be a greater affinity with Mona, but even that relationship proved superficial.

Maya's opinion of the HOTs has certainly not improved

it's not the HOTs' fault because the HOTs are that, and they have nothing to do with Maya

while for example they are less distant from Josy's world
With Josy, I think a lot of it is due to her personality. The MC even tell's her in ep1 that everyone likes her. Maya's shy, she's an introvert. Combined with her attitude that would make it very difficult for her to bond with the HOT's. This is why I think Josy will wind up living at the HOT's and Maya won't even accept her membership in the sorority and this is a diverging of path's for the couple. It doesn't add up to enough for a break but it's a crack for sure.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just replayed the game and can't help but notice the tension between Bella and Jill in ep 5 when the shared a bed and more.
Did the have some sort of relationship before? I think Bella said something in the lines of "I stopped it". But hey that's just a theory AAAHHHh game theory.aanndddd cut.
I've certainly talked about about it many, many, many, many times, but it does have a strong hint that something happened between the two of them.

the eyes and especially the mouths are completely different. Heidi (and thanks for reminding me of the name) and the redhead have dimples, Leah doesn't
Which is why I said that this is maybe "modern" Leah; an homage to her but one that updates her appearance.

If DPC wanted to make a model that looked like Heidi from DFD, I'm sure he could have done better than that.

if they find out that he has the key they will have the lock changed, and may even report him.
Once they find out the dad has a key, I dunno, just change the fucking lock. It takes like 5 minutes to change a lock.
Given that these dorm rooms are owned by the college and are not their own personally owned rooms, I don't think they'd be able to change the locks themselves.

You're assuming the dad finds out about Josy and Maya being back together. There's a number of ways that could play out. One of which is the much theorized MC pretending to be Maya or Josy's boyfriend. Or maybe Josy has to take a shit, and only Maya and MC go to the room first and find the dad, and while they confront him, Josy hears it from the outside and stays away. Or some other scenario.

But the danger of Daddy showing up whenever he pleases unannounced still remains. And so Josy moves in to the HOT house.

As for "waiting for what to happen?" Thats literally what Maya's plotline is about. Finding a solution to her dad's bullshit.

Well, changing the key won't really do anything, imo. The dad managed to get a key somehow in the first place. Presumably, he'd just a copy of the new key the same way.
I'm hoping it's something like this, that it's a near-miss with Josy managing to avoid being seen by Maya's Dad but knowing that he was there and got in to their room results in Josy going to back to the HOTs to essentially "hide out" since he could come back unannounced at any time.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I'm hoping it's something like this, that it's a near-miss with Josy managing to avoid being seen by Maya's Dad but knowing that he was there and got in to their room results in Josy going to back to the HOTs to essentially "hide out" since he could come back unannounced at any time.
Same. Although, I also really like the idea of confronting the dad at the room. He blows up and cuts Maya off. But her tuition is already paid up for this year/term/whatever, so he can't do anything about that. And the MC/Josy/whoeverelse begin the journey of helping Maya raise money and stay on her own two feet without her piece of shit dad. Narratively, I like this option the best.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Same. Although, I also really like the idea of confronting the dad at the room. He blows up and cuts Maya off. But her tuition is already paid up for this year/term/whatever, so he can't do anything about that. And the MC/Josy/whoeverelse begin the journey of helping Maya raise money and stay on her own two feet without her piece of shit dad. Narratively, I like this option the best.
Narratively, it would be good to confront the Dad right now, but given this is DPC we're talking about, they're likely to want to stretch out the drama a bit longer, and so by not having the conflict with him finding out about Josy, or even him not being in the room when they get back, this would do just that and I'm leaning more towards something like this.

Also, if Josy is forced to hide out in the HOT house, it also creates an element that could re-open those briefly repaired cracks in their relationship because, once again, they're forced to be apart, albeit not as much as they were before. It could lead to some bad feelings between Maya and Josy which could potentially lead to a proper break up and solo paths, or if you're on the M&J path, then the MC could be like a strong pillar for both of them that keeps that from happening.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Narratively, it would be good to confront the Dad right, but given this is DPC we're talking about, they're likely to want to stretch out the drama a bit longer, and so by not having the conflict with him finding out about Josy, or even him not being in the room when they get back, this would do just that and I'm leaning more towards something like this.

Also, if Josy is forced to hide out in the HOT house, it also creates an element that could re-open those briefly repaired cracks in their relationship because, once again, they're forced to be apart, albeit not as much as they were before. It could lead to some bad feelings between Maya and Josy which could potentially lead to a proper break up and solo paths, or if you're on the M&J path, then the MC could be like a strong pillar for both of them that keeps that from happening.
True, true. That makes sense. Thats actually probably better in terms of this being a game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
With Josy, I think a lot of it is due to her personality. The MC even tell's her in ep1 that everyone likes her. Maya's shy, she's an introvert. Combined with her attitude that would make it very difficult for her to bond with the HOT's. This is why I think Josy will wind up living at the HOT's and Maya won't even accept her membership in the sorority and this is a diverging of path's for the couple. It doesn't add up to enough for a break but it's a crack for sure.
it is not difficult to create a breach between the two girls.

as long as Maya asks her to find accommodation or the idea of a fake boyfriend ...

and this breach would completely justify Josy going to the HOTS.

Given that these dorm rooms are owned by the college and are not their own personally owned rooms, I don't think they'd be able to change the locks themselves.
if this key is in the possession of her father (or a stranger in general if they do not want to report Maya's father) they have every reason to request the replacement of the lock and the College has no reason to refuse

Reactions: DavDR

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Wow, DPC really did Maya dirty with that shot. She looks like a strung out, drunken zombie or something. I'm worried she's going to eat my brain instead of my dick.

Also, is there no building security at B&R? Outsiders can just come and go as they please at all hours of the day and night? Don't most campuses have some kind of keypad at the dormitory doors that at least lock at 5pm or something? Even Ms. Buzzcut receptionist apparently gives zero fucks about people strolling on by. I get that Maya's dad is a student parent, but allowing old men to walk the halls at night is a bit...odd. Especially when you consider the ladies have to use a hall toilet and shower. Is he a ninja? He never seems to be spotted by a scantily clad girl on her way back from the shower, who would certainly report him if not scream. He looks creepy as hell. Anyway, just odd.
but above all, a father who wants to supervise (in a legal and less legal way) the behavior of his daughter, may not know the name of the girl who has been assigned as a roommate?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
but above all, a father who wants to supervise (in a legal and less legal way) the behavior of his daughter, may not know the name of the girl who has been assigned as a roommate?
I guess Maya's dormitory security as with a lot of other things related to the Maya situation fall within the category of suspending your disbelief. In the same way that you can't exactly believe a male student arrives on campus and within a couple of weeks bangs every woman within a 500 meter radius of himself, including several faculty members.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I guess Maya's dormitory security as with a lot of other things related to the Maya situation fall within the category of suspending your disbelief. In the same way that you can't exactly believe a male student arrives on campus and within a couple of weeks bangs every woman within a 500 meter radius of himself, including several faculty members.

sometimes happens

so they told me

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes