RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
Been here since first episode honestly I don't think I will be here in episode 11, I don't believe this game will ever be finished and if it is it will be in 2030.
I love this game but an update a year when its absolutely possible to make it much shorter its too much.
its time to let this game go.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'll be honest I can never let this game go
I'm too emotionally invested to ignore it
Sometimes I wish I could just forget about games on here
But once I'm invested in something I have to see it through until the end

Reactions: JosephH151

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
I used to feel the same but after cycle after cycle of the same thing I lost hope.
people here think that him taking more time then necessary for episode is new but "veterans" will remember it started in the development of episode 4

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Everyone goes down that road. First, you are maximally involved in the game. You like everything. But then a year goes by. Another and another and another and another. You've discussed everything you can. You've grown up and you're not so interested in the game anymore. Many fans who genuinely loved the game eventually lost interest in it.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
DPC is milking supporters, that's clear to me, animations with 60 FPS will at least double the number of renders he intends to do, and that's unnecessary, there are other, much simpler and more efficient ways to transform these animations into 60fps, right here In this thread there are fans who have already made this available.

What will he do next, re-render the old animations? Probably not, and even then he will probably turn them into 60FPS with the help of software like FrameGUI and similar.

I say he's milking because he doesn't need to do it the way he's doing it, but he chose to do it this way, he's taking the long way around without need.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
How do you imagine this makes any sense? Aside from his vacation, he has been and continues to spend 60+ hours a week on the game of his own time, which is completely independent of rendering time. It's not like he is drawing each frame by hand. Sure, he may have been able to reduce render time to something closer to his working time by sticking to 30 fps, but it makes little to no difference in his keyboard time.
Because now we are stuck with rendering of last animations, while we learned that about half of them done in 60 fps, which doubles time needeed to render the same animation in compare to 30 fps ones. Perhaps he started this experiments after moving to 4090. But anyway, that took a lot of time. And I doubt that he wanted to end up and end all his work and then just write in one of updates "sorry guys, I decided to test 60 fps animations and they have to render for 2-3 month, but the rest content is ready". He obviously prolonged and made his work in a way to be able to complete it together or closer to rendering the last animations. Otherwise his patrons may not understand it correctly.

When you put everyone in front of the fact about the reasons and why it happened, but you are already close to the release, it's one thing, and it's quite another thing to say that you are experimenting with 60fps animations in this episode, and therefore everyone needs to relax and wait 2-3 months because of that.

That's how I see it.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Because now we are stuck with rendering of last animations, while we learned that about half of them done in 60 fps, which doubles time needeed to render the same animation in compare to 30 fps ones.
Yeah, that is the core problem here. Animations were already the bottleneck here, so how about we just double the amount that has to get through that bottleneck? :FacePalm:

If writing would be what defines the pace and the rendering stations had times where they just weren't doing anything...okay, fair enough. But making the thing that mainly prevents you from releasing the update take even longer...that is just a very bad decision, no matter if it slightly improves the overall quality. Never mind the fact that it also has considerable downsides for people with weaker system or low dl quotas and/or bandwith etc.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Because now we are stuck with rendering of last animations, while we learned that about half of them done in 60 fps, which doubles time needeed to render the same animation in compare to 30 fps ones. Perhaps he started this experiments after moving to 4090. But anyway, that took a lot of time. And I doubt that he wanted to end up and end all his work and then just write in one of updates "sorry guys, I decided to test 60 fps animations and they have to render for 2-3 month, but the rest content is ready". He obviously prolonged and made his work in a way to be able to complete it together or closer to rendering the last animations. Otherwise his patrons may not understand it correctly.

When you put everyone in front of the fact about the reasons and why it happened, but you are already close to the release, it's one thing, and it's quite another thing to say that you are experimenting with 60fps animations in this episode, and therefore everyone needs to relax and wait 2-3 months because of that.

That's how I see it.
And how would that have moved the release to August, when he still isn’t done with the keyboard work.

You’ve explained why the rendering will take a bunch of extra time after the keyboard work is done (which is still a pretty naive understanding of creative work), but that still doesn’t change the fact he still isn’t done with the actual manual labor involved, which has nothing to do with the 60 fps animations.

And your just making shit up about him prolonging the work to match the render time. There is nothing to indicate anything if the sort, and it just doesn’t fit his MO as a developer. He keeps pushing himself. The quality and complexity of the renders keeps going up, and the branching in this game is getting massive. It is going to take time. And he is still going to have 4-6 weeks of rendering after he is “done” with the art, so your premise doesn’t hold up.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
It's why I stopped backing, 5-10 years is an excessively long time to support someone, at least for me. I have kids already, I don't need another virtual one to keep throwing money at for years on end.
Totally. And no one should feel compelled to give any developers hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year. I supported DPC for over two years, but now just do $25 in the months he drops a new episode. It's akin to buying a DLC, which I feel is more than generous at this point. But I still do money each month for a handful of other devs that don't have the revenue streams Pinkcake has. There are probably better uses for my money (I also have kids), but I enjoy the work those devs do and want to help ensure they can continue.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
By the time this game is finished it will be 1T big the way DPC is going. Instead of doubling production speed, he goes ima make the animations 60fps for no god damn reason and increase the file size tenfold.

Reactions: hawk784563
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes