Recommending Randomly decided to write "review and recommendation" of the game that I played and stuck with me

ThatKokom

Mar 13, 2018
Its weekend and I randomly got some idea "I should write some review about the games that I played", its not that I played tons of games so I can make a really written reviews, its just what I think about a certain game that I really like and stuck with me, so here goes nothing. My plan was to go to the game page and review it but looking at the reviews made me think again, the reviewers there are really good at writing, they seems effortlessly posted tons of beautifully written paragraph of the game. So yeah I'll just stick with small review that I posted here.

VISUAL NOVELS

"Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai" (5/5)​
Really liked this one, the start of the VN is really light and fun, really liked what they are setting up here because normal VN usually starts off with the protag starting on a new journey, living all alone in a new place, etc. But Majikoi are set on the protag already in a well established place, and goddamn the experience playing this was a ton of fun, played almost all of the route till Majikoi A3!, really waiting for the translation of A4! and A5!. I finished Shiina route before every other route and it was a mistake, stopped playing for a while because I cant get over on how are they gonna handle Shiina character in other routes, Shiina best girl, also Margit, Benkei and Azumi.

"Dracu Riot!" (4/5)​
One of my first VN that made me into VN, from my memory this VN was good, maybe its just because of that this is my on of my very first visual novels that I ever played, played it again when the full patch is released a few years ago (idk been so long since I played it), I enjoyed it. Well I only played 2 routes, the other routes doesn't pull my interest enough to play it. So yeah, enjoyed the route that I played and didnt bother the other route that didnt pique my interest. Becoming a vampire seems fun because of this VN

One of the really GOOD VN that I played earlier in my days, I read it nonstop until I finish 3 route that pique my interest and god its really worth the time, Idk how is this VN stands up to today standard of story telling but I was having a lot of fun reading this. My only concern is that this is not the game for someone who wanna go into VN because it took its time for the story to start going. But when the story start goin it was one heck of a ride, for someone who starting about visual novels, I dont recommend it, if you are looking for the r18 content then start with Majikoi or you are ok with lack of r18 content and want a shorter VN to start I recommend Saya no Uta. This made me want to make and ride a glider ngl.

"Saya No Uta" (4/5)
Really good and short one, the premise is great but theres one thing that I dont really like about this game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But at the end, I enjoyed it, played till the end to just know what gonna happen in the story and how its gonna end. A really good short VN
This game dude, I played it blindly without even looking at the tags, and I was shocked to find that 90% of the r18 content is NTR, I was shocked when I get my first NTR scene because the setup in the story looking like just your ordinary vanilla things, that moment made me stopped playing and light up some cigg, truly one of the best worst memorable things I've experienced in playing eroge. This game will stuck forever in my heart.

"Teaching Feeling" & "1room" (3/5)​
They feel like they belong in the same category, One is you are a doctor and bought a slave and one you are a salaryman who pick up a girl, I dont really have an opinion about this game, its not bad but its not good either, not really my taste of a game, but worth mentioning. 1room is the r18 version of higehiro

"Evenicle" (5/5)​
One of the more easier to get into game by Alicesoft, when I think about Alicesoft I think about Rance. Rance is a good game but is hard to get into because of the older one is like REALLY old and the ui doesnt feels good for my eye. But if you set that aside, I really liked Rance, only played Rance 1, 2 and Sengoku but playing it was really worth the time. Well back to topic, this game is really fun story, dialogue was good and easy rpg systems, really hope that it have different lvl of difficulty so it have better replay value but sadly it dont. I dont want to talk about spoilers but this game is one of the game that made me "fuck the r18 content, I'll grind and fuck the last boss" because I was really into the story and oh my god Alicesoft is really good in term of writing a story. Really top tier combination of light, fun and comedy but when things got wild, it goes wild, definitly on top of my recommendation list. Recenly found a yt channel who reviews this game and he did a pretty good job reviewing this game, 1000x better than what I write for everygame combined in this thread. Kath is best girl.

"Koihime Musou" (4/5)​
A bit of mixed feelings about this one, I think you should've played it with the mindset of playing VN but with minigames, the minigames were really boring but the girls tho, really liked the girls in this game, sadly 2 of the main girls in this game is not really my cup of tea, I really liked the side charaters, they get a lot of "game time?" but not as much as the main one. Sei & Sui best girl, still waiting for Shin Koihime Musou.

I wasnt expecting to like this game even a bit, this game opened my eyes to pixel games, it is short, basically you just fuck in this game, nothing more, its not amazing but is good. Definitly recommended if you are into pixel games. Im really into short haired girls but the tits is too big for my taste.

"Eiyuu Senki" (3/5)​
Really want to give this one a higher score but I just cant, dont get me wrong, the gameplay is fantastic and addicting to play. But the way they are doing the story aspect of this game is really annoying. Idk, constantly clicking the story part and reading it for like 5 minutes, click on another story part, finishing the rounds is a bit tedious, when Im playing for the story I just want to stop going to the map and clicking again, but when we get to gameplay part, damn its so good. The chin tho, the chin artstyle oh my god, i got over it after a hour of playing but THE CHIN THO.

"Goblin Burrow" (4/5)​
Imagine if Goblin Slayer made into a game, but instead of playing as the goblin slayer, you are playing as the goblin, really fun, idk what to say more, its pretty damn challenging and I really liked it, it got a really interesting type of gameplay where you breed the girl with a goblin and theres a chance that the new goblin got a skill depending on whos they breed with. So you can get a bit creative on how you build your goblin army. I felt bad for actually enjoying the gameplay aspect here.

"Wings of Rholdea" (4/5)​
This one is my cup of tea, I really like "self corruption" theme of game, and this one is one of it. The gameplay is fun but it got a bit tedious and boring really fast, but sometimes when you get your health low in a dungeon, its actually really fun. I got on the edge of my seat when I tried to escape on a dungeon while I was on low health, I got really focused to not get fucked in the dungeon. One things that I dont really like is this game doesnt really have a quest list and indication so you have to remember on what quest do you have at the moment, I used guide trying to complete all quest in this game because you dont even know where, when are you gonna get a quest. Kuudere is not really my type but I'll bite.

Gonna preach for this game till the end of the time, the gameplay was top tier, story is god tier for the short amount of how much they needed to be this good. the small thing in this game made me love this game more. The grind was easy, idk maybe because Im a turn battle junkie so the grind was not really tedious but some people cant really take grind to well and I undestand that, but if you are into turn battle game, this game offers really well balanced turn battle, well until you find a certain combo in later part of the game and that combo is basically what you use for the mini boss, boss and end boss. mini boss and other bosses in the game can be killed with 2 turn combo. single target all stat up + enchance + slayer stance + cross slash will kill most mini boss in 1 hit. But the final boss is challenging to say the least, I failed 2 times because of how the last boss is designed. the ending is satisfying as hell. I wish I played the bad ending route before good ending route because after playing the good ending I dont really have the heart to play the bad route. Love you E.B. for making this game, waiting for your next project.

This one is a unique game, really like this game because of the more puzzle style game, and the puzzle is not really that hard, I really out of word after writing the pronant symphony one. So yeah this one is good if you are into rpgm game that instead of just your ordinary turn battle game, you can instead finish the game without even killing one single mobs and just do the puzzle silently. There a second sequel of this game but there still no translation yet, just hook it up with a translation engine.

"Anthesis" & "Ambrosia" & "Celesphonia" & "Detective of Steam City" (4.5/5)​
Really like this one, girls, self corruption, what could I ask more, its my cup of tea, tons of content, so yeah thats it. If you like corruption, Shimobashira workshop and Clymenia made some really good games, go check em out.

HONORABLE MENTION
These games/VN are worth to play and I liked it, really want to but I'm just to tired to write reviews about it, so here it is:
-Fall in Labyrints
-Demon Sword Snakes
-Succubus Connect
-Thanatos
-Exploler of the Abyss
-Black Souls 1 & 2
-Yumina The Ethereal
-Tears of Tiara
-Kukkoro Days
-Dungeon of Lulu Farae
-Evening Starter
-Slave Sword 1 & 2
-Rignetta's Adventure
-Kunoichi Botan
-Kunoichi Tsubaki
-Kunoichi Ajisai
-Saint Emiliana
-Niplheim's Hunter
-Alien Eve
-Brave Alchemist Colette
-Imperial Gatekeeper
-Succumate
-Kamidori Alchemist Meister
-Monster Girl Club Bifrost
-Everyday Sexual Life with a Sloven Classmate

If anyone got some recommendation, it'll be appreciated

Last edited:

ThatKokom

Mar 13, 2018
i would be delighted if u make your latest 2022 list famm, ur taste is gigachad
Damn, never thought that someone gonna reply to this thread let alone enjoyed my recomms, I've found some that's really fun, I'll update it soon, but I need to move out tomorrow from where I'm now, can't really do it tomorrow/day after but I'll do it in this coming week