VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Xiba21

Aug 5, 2020
View attachment 657399

Overview:
The game tells a story about the young man who gets stuck on the deserted island with no communication with the outside world and doomed to aimlessly wait for an opportunity to get out. Everything changes when new visitors come to the island. After a few amusing and kind of juicy situations night falls together with some really weird dreams. At this moment we realize that the island isn't so simple as it seemed at first, and the funny story about relationship between the main character with newly arrived guests leads to a very serious story about each person having his own fears and secrets, and their choice might not always result in obvious consequences.​

Thread Updated: 2022-07-20
Release Date: 2022-07-16
Developer: PixelsLab - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8.6.5
Language: English, French
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - -
Mac (0.8.4): MEGA - - -
Others:
Compressed* - Android* - Russian Version

Extras: Walkthrough* - Cheat Mod* - Multi-Mod* - French Translation* - Italian translation*
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1934036 View attachment 1934041 View attachment 1934043 View attachment 1934045 View attachment 1934038 View attachment 1934037 View attachment 1934033 View attachment 1934027 View attachment 1934032 View attachment 657386 View attachment 657387 View attachment 657388 View attachment 297732 View attachment 297731 View attachment 297706 View attachment 297708 View attachment 297707 View attachment 127479
question is this chapters 1-3 or 1-8

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
I remember starting on this some time ago, maybe about a year and half? ... and what soured me on it was the number of "single-choice" forced button clicks. I was hoping those had been edited out, but there are still there. It's a personal preference, but I don't find much enjoyment from constantly having to click through non-choice buttons.

Odd-looking faces and weird animations are artistic choices by the author, but introducing unnecessary mechanics is a user interface experience issue. I'll work through awhile longer in the hope that coding of these non-choice buttons disappears in an episode or two.

I'm glad to see that the VN is still going... kudos for longevity.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I remember starting on this some time ago, maybe about a year and half? ... and what soured me on it was the number of "single-choice" forced button clicks.
Frankly, I'm amazed that's the only thing you mention... guess different strokes, different tolerance levels...

I'm glad to see that the VN is still going... kudos for longevity.
Which is exactly why "single-choice" buttons annoy me less than the "AYBABTU" vibe I get from the what I suppose is meant to be English dialogue... you would think that in all that time the dev would have found the means to get a at least half decent proof reader... At times I can't even guess what it actually should have been, so bad is it...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: operamini
Oct 22, 2017
Frankly, I'm amazed that's the only thing you mention... guess different strokes, different tolerance levels...

Which is exactly why "single-choice" buttons annoy me less than the "AYBABTU" vibe I get from the what I suppose is meant to be English dialogue... you would think that in all that time the dev would have found the means to get a at least half decent proof reader... At times I can't even guess what it actually should have been, so bad is it...
While the English wasn't all that good at the beginning, it got A LOT better over time.
There is always something that can be improved, but I can't remember the last time I stopped and wasn't sure what was meant or even frowned upon a choice of words really.
Of course, english isn't my first language, so I might miss some subtleties here, or I'm just numbed towards these things from all the games with subpar English ...

Reactions: operamini

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
0085_50.jpg

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't written for a long time. The update turned out to be one and a half times more than I expected. That's what we have.

What new?
  • 197 images
  • 4000 words
  • 1 sound
Not a bad result for a month of work, huh? Initially I was counting on 135 images, but as always I underestimated the amount of work. Now the update is in the editor. As soon as it's ready, I'll release the beta. You can see the update release schedule on the main page.

The update seems very interesting to me. There are a lot of events going on in it that change history a lot. I'm sure you'll like it! I'm really looking forward to the moment when I can read your reviews.

Thanks for the support!

Separately, I want to thank the patron with the nickname Ranell, who last month, when I ran out of money, sent an additional $ 150 so that I could send an update for translation. Without this, I wouldn't have been able to finish the update on time. Thank you very much!

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Damn PixelsLab, what a cliffhanger.

Such a great update! :love:
I'm so excited and curious about what is to come next and how Alice will take it all.
I'm super glad you liked it!!!
I think you will be very surprised when you see how Alice reacted to this.o_O
Thank you very much for your support!
P.S. We are discussing version 0.8.8

Oct 22, 2017
Let me guess, she's less offended by him fucking her mother than her being the only one he hesitates to fuck. :ROFLMAO:
That's not all I'm curious about though.
With Liv telling her about the dreams, Inanna, and the MC, that will be quite some shock I assume.
It'll also be interesting to see how that progresses further as I'm pretty sure they'll form some kind of team, possibly overshadowed by first being offended.

Reactions: PixelsLab

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I finally took the time to play this game and the only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

There is nothing that hasn't been said about the story. It is tremendously fascinating. However, I must say that what interests me the most, as usual in my case, are the relationships with the girls. And, so far, I have no complaints either. Each one has her own rhythm and her own motivations.

If there is something that doesn't convince me is, sometimes, the MC. In some dialogues I think he is very pretentious, knowing exactly how the girls think, what they will do, what they won't do, etc. Personally I would like him to be more natural and less "methodical". Still, I think it all balances out quite well in the situations that throw him off balance. For example, with Inanna, where the MC knows practically nothing, tries to investigate but realizes that everything with her is more complex than it seems. And in situations like in that famous scene with Katie where she says she will scream. Situations that he can't predict or control and it shows that he doesn't have everything under control.

Still, I wish he was less pretentious. But, well, it is under my point of view.

That said, I have a question.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes