4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

rj677

May 30, 2020
Two or three things to say, sugarcoating? no, this thread has always been known for telling it like it is, WIAB was abandoned for 17 months, we have never sugarcoated anything.
Ocean never said he would stop SG work to finish a chapter of WIAB, it was exactly the opposite, he stopped work on WIAB to complete SG chapter 4 faster.
How much time did you pay? 1 month, 2? were you in the 17 month limbo?
Chapter 2 was short? yes, compared to SG, it was a sigh. And so? I liked it just the same.
Chapter 3 is going to be short? maybe yes, compared to SG again, but there is Miru here.
You felt ripped off by Ocean, perfect, no one can even give an opinion about how someone who pays feels about the return he receives for his collaboration, but don't say that things are being sweetened here, read the thread a little to realize it.
I have read this post so many times trying to figure out if I should say something about it... Ignore it, report it, reply to it, agree, disagree. People can do whatever with this. Its a serious post, so its a bit on the long side :HideThePain:

I agree to some degree when you say that things arent being sweetened here... And yes, I do read the thread. And because I read it, I know that what you said isnt particularly true... :unsure:

Sure some people like yourself try to provide good feedback and Im not denying that, but as much as you "tell it like it is" theres always some sort of sweetening attached to it like in the post Im replying. Example: "Chapter 2 was short? yes, compared to SG, it was a sigh. And so? I liked it just the same."... All the fans liked it to some extent and to be honest I didnt mind that the update was small. Seems like a lot of the followers of Ocean always have a "but" on their sentences... "It took a long time BUT I liked it"; "Chapter 3 will be short BUT theres Miru"; "...BUT now with the new equipment..." :HideThePain:

It makes me sad how Ocean is treating this game, a game that when I joined F95 was one of those rare ones that coupled good renders with an amazing story when you did realize that it was his first game. Sure it needed some "refining" but thats to be expected from a 1st game.

Now I just wished he abandoned this game... Its always getting delayed, its always "on the back seat" of SG (makes sense, since SG is the one thats making him more money I guess). Imagine having a game with one of the best potentials in the AVN industry as a "backup" :HideThePain::rolleyes:. Another month where SG jumped the line and I cant be surprised :(. Also, the problem arent the yearly releases... Many games do them to good effect but they have to have the content to justify it :WeSmart:

Concluding: I cant understand the trust a lot of people put on Ocean since to me he has done almost nothing to deserve it. Maybe my standards are too high :unsure:... F95 should be a place where a dev comes for "real reviews and crticicism" but everyone who does a bit of criticism on this dev gets either ignored being labeled a troll that people shouldnt "feed" or gets called out on it and then doesnt have a spine to present the proof of what they are saying :cautious:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I have read this post so many times trying to figure out if I should say something about it... Ignore it, report it, reply to it, agree, disagree. People can do whatever with this. Its a serious post, so its a bit on the long side :HideThePain:

I agree to some degree when you say that things arent being sweetened here... And yes, I do read the thread. And because I read it, I know that what you said isnt particularly true... :unsure:

Sure some people like yourself try to provide good feedback and Im not denying that, but as much as you "tell it like it is" theres always some sort of sweetening attached to it like in the post Im replying. Example: "Chapter 2 was short? yes, compared to SG, it was a sigh. And so? I liked it just the same."... All the fans liked it to some extent and to be honest I didnt mind that the update was small. Seems like a lot of the followers of Ocean always have a "but" on their sentences... "It took a long time BUT I liked it"; "Chapter 3 will be short BUT theres Miru"; "...BUT now with the new equipment..." :HideThePain:

It makes me sad how Ocean is treating this game, a game that when I joined F95 was one of those rare ones that coupled good renders with an amazing story when you did realize that it was his first game. Sure it needed some "refining" but thats to be expected from a 1st game.

Now I just wished he abandoned this game... Its always getting delayed, its always "on the back seat" of SG (makes sense, since SG is the one thats making him more money I guess). Imagine having a game with one of the best potentials in the AVN industry as a "backup" :HideThePain::rolleyes:. Another month where SG jumped the line and I cant be surprised :(. Also, the problem arent the yearly releases... Many games do them to good effect but they have to have the content to justify it :WeSmart:

Concluding: I cant understand the trust a lot of people put on Ocean since to me he has done almost nothing to deserve it. Maybe my standards are too high :unsure:... F95 should be a place where a dev comes for "real reviews and crticicism" but everyone who does a bit of criticism on this dev gets either ignored being labeled a troll that people shouldnt "feed" or gets called out on it and then doesnt have a spine to present the proof of what they are saying :cautious:
This is a well thought out criticism, so I am not bashing (especially as I am the newbie). Flip your perspectives and see the from the other side. You would rather he abandoned WIAB because he spends more perceptible time on SG. Currently he cares enough about WAIB to not abandon it, and posts regularly showing progress. What your argument seems to be is "WIAB is not living up to the potential I feel it could reach because SG is leeching away energy, I would rather have nothing than wasted potential." It's a fair statement.

Consider maybe a differnet view - Ocean is developing one story told through several games. He has chosen to push the more popular one so he can get enough support to push the whole story, WIAB and the other parts that he's already planned. Ocean doesn't see time spent of SG as detrimental to WIAB, as the plot to SG forces him to consider what came before and make it more iron clad/more solid canon. SG is far easier to market, even if in time it is the youngling. Ocean is developing the canon of the whole story, with the advantage he can do something quite profound with interwoven narratives.

Still, this is all personal poinions, and a dev can expect endless patience. But patrons and fans are precisely the people who believe that an artist should be allowed to pursue there vision. Cynical, bitter fans sap energy. In music terms it's like the people who say, "play your old songs, the new ones suck." I would rather that SG's success allows Ocean the opportunity to make WIAB a success and continue the whole saga for the rest of the stories.

As far as trusting Ocean, trust is a gift, and isn't always deserved. It isn't cause and effect, not a natural law. To trust is to risk without experience. I have to suspend disbelief to trust. BUt as far as I know, Ocean has spent enough time money and effort driving this project that I doubt he'll walk away from WIAB. In some ways WIAB is harder as people have more expectations based on the previous iteration: SG has already passed all the rework material so it is pretty getting exciting new material each update, while WIAB is still catching up to where it was in the plot, and deviations feel strange because we're comparing what went before with what there is now. Once WIAB passes beyong the territory covered in the pre rework, I think it will start to shine , and it will be stronger for the development of SG - overall WIAB is pushing the renders on SG to meet the Steam release, which means WIAB will benefit from every optimisation he learns on the way.

I don't understand why we place success and failure as the only options while someone is actively working and mentioning what they're working on in both games. Plenty of devs don't even have remotely the same consistency with logs. The thing that is disappointing is the wait, but it's only disappointing because we believe the story is good.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

How do you turn something I like, and I say I like, into sweetening? I have my own opinion about the game and I will never hide it. Just like I never hide the way this game has been going since its first release.
If anyone else doesn't like it, they don't have to lie to state their position. It's not necessary, the development cycle itself has its cons, which are facts, and they are not hidden. And this thread is full of criticisms, and all well constructed and well founded, as there is also some white knight, this thread escapes from the generality, but it is not the SG thread.

If you read in the thread, many times it was said that new hardware does not mean time improvements, and it is said since the times of the old WIAB. If we have said, if SG does well, WIAB will do better, because like it or not, WIAB has no support, and there are fair reasons for that to happen, but if WIAB cannot sustain its developer, then it will remain the "second" game, the one that depends on the star shining brighter to continue living.
As for the latter, if my standards bother you, it's not my problem. I follow this developer in spite of everything I have already said on many occasions, don't you agree? it is your right, as it is mine to continue doing what I do.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think also important to note, it was WiAB that made him the money...it came long before SG was taken over by him. I agree with nealry everything you said, I like the Dev, WiAB could be one of the best...and once was but it does seem to have taken a complete back seat unfortunately...add in the rework (oh that dreaded word)....and honestly, it is disappointing, it's the better story, the better VN...

However, I have no stake in the game, so I'll just wait and if it continues it does, and if not...well so be it I guess.

llafon69

Sep 12, 2023
Damn after playing for an hours my impression is i really really like this, this could be my top 2 or 3. Lets see if the devs gonna continue this or nah.

Reactions: yossa999

rj677

May 30, 2020
Sorry for the delay on the replies, I had some things come up IRL
How do you turn something I like, and I say I like, into sweetening? I have my own opinion about the game and I will never hide it. Just like I never hide the way this game has been going since its first release.
If anyone else doesn't like it, they don't have to lie to state their position. It's not necessary, the development cycle itself has its cons, which are facts, and they are not hidden. And this thread is full of criticisms, and all well constructed and well founded, as there is also some white knight, this thread escapes from the generality, but it is not the SG thread.

If you read in the thread, many times it was said that new hardware does not mean time improvements, and it is said since the times of the old WIAB. If we have said, if SG does well, WIAB will do better, because like it or not, WIAB has no support, and there are fair reasons for that to happen, but if WIAB cannot sustain its developer, then it will remain the "second" game, the one that depends on the star shining brighter to continue living.
As for the latter, if my standards bother you, it's not my problem. I follow this developer in spite of everything I have already said on many occasions, don't you agree? it is your right, as it is mine to continue doing what I do.
So, starting with you Sorco. My problem isnt that you had an opinion. Everyone has the right to have their own opinions and they dont need to be the same for everyone. My point was that it was misplaced on the type of post you were making... The post was about "no sugarcoating/sweetening" and IMHO your opinion just reflected a level of sugarcoating. Just because I like an update, doesnt mean its okay for it to be small when you wait for 10+ months. So, to make sure the "small part" gets all the attention, I wont say I liked it. That was my point about you misplacing it.

"WIAB has no support".... And WHOS fault is that? Of course a "2nd place game" will never sustain a developer. Thats why devs 99% of the time do only 1 game at a time and just concentrate every "fan" of HIM/HER (the dev) focused in the same patreon/game.
I tell you what: If Ocean treated WIAB as he treats SG and vice versa for 1 year and a half (with all the priority, approximately a 6 month cycle, constantly putting it in front of SG and SG being in the shit all the time), I guarantee the roles would reverse IMMEDIATELY.

Last part: On my post I made fun of MY OWN standards... I said MY OWN standards were too high. So yours would be adequate, so I have no problem with yours. I just said an opinion about trusting Ocean and somehow you got ofended. Thats on you, since "I have my own opinion about it and I will never hide it".

This is a well thought out criticism, so I am not bashing (especially as I am the newbie). Flip your perspectives and see the from the other side. You would rather he abandoned WIAB because he spends more perceptible time on SG. Currently he cares enough about WAIB to not abandon it, and posts regularly showing progress. What your argument seems to be is "WIAB is not living up to the potential I feel it could reach because SG is leeching away energy, I would rather have nothing than wasted potential." It's a fair statement.

Consider maybe a differnet view - Ocean is developing one story told through several games. He has chosen to push the more popular one so he can get enough support to push the whole story, WIAB and the other parts that he's already planned. Ocean doesn't see time spent of SG as detrimental to WIAB, as the plot to SG forces him to consider what came before and make it more iron clad/more solid canon. SG is far easier to market, even if in time it is the youngling. Ocean is developing the canon of the whole story, with the advantage he can do something quite profound with interwoven narratives.

Still, this is all personal poinions, and a dev can expect endless patience. But patrons and fans are precisely the people who believe that an artist should be allowed to pursue there vision. Cynical, bitter fans sap energy. In music terms it's like the people who say, "play your old songs, the new ones suck." I would rather that SG's success allows Ocean the opportunity to make WIAB a success and continue the whole saga for the rest of the stories.

As far as trusting Ocean, trust is a gift, and isn't always deserved. It isn't cause and effect, not a natural law. To trust is to risk without experience. I have to suspend disbelief to trust. BUt as far as I know, Ocean has spent enough time money and effort driving this project that I doubt he'll walk away from WIAB. In some ways WIAB is harder as people have more expectations based on the previous iteration: SG has already passed all the rework material so it is pretty getting exciting new material each update, while WIAB is still catching up to where it was in the plot, and deviations feel strange because we're comparing what went before with what there is now. Once WIAB passes beyong the territory covered in the pre rework, I think it will start to shine , and it will be stronger for the development of SG - overall WIAB is pushing the renders on SG to meet the Steam release, which means WIAB will benefit from every optimisation he learns on the way.

I don't understand why we place success and failure as the only options while someone is actively working and mentioning what they're working on in both games. Plenty of devs don't even have remotely the same consistency with logs. The thing that is disappointing is the wait, but it's only disappointing because we believe the story is good.
Onto you Bob. When I read your post you know what I see? I see a post I myself would have done back when Ocean announced the Chapter 1 rework for this game. A post full of hope and full of future thinking with sentences like: "Once WIAB.."; "It/WIAB will...". Except that now Im just on a whole different place with how I think about this game.

First paragraphs: Lets agree to disagree. I can somewhat agree with some of the things, but Im not going to go deep on them because you look at it as a "saga", while Im evaluating it as individual games that could have connections that wouldnt need him to write both at the same time.

Last 2 paragraphs is where I have 2 big problems. First of all, your idea of trust is different from mine. I agree with you that trust is a gift and its risking without experience... IN THE BEGINNING. For example, imagine that I have a girlfriend for 2 years and I trust her with all my life. If i catch her cheating on me (Cause), Im not gonna trust her anymore (Effect). If someone or something doesnt reciprocate that trust/confidence you have on them, trust goes away...

2nd of all, WIAB is harder to write but NOT necessarily because of the things you said... Its harder because SG is easier. In my opinion SG is a glorified college flick. Of course theres a lot more than the normal ones, for example with the Bella storyline and its so much better written than the "normal ones", but you cant compare the 2 stories in difficulty of writing or their ceiling. WIAB has a story so good from what we know from the original, that SG will never come CLOSE. Of course that creates "expectations", but up until now it doesnt seem like Ocean is changing the core story :unsure:.

PS: Some chapters of SG are still being reworked, so SGs rework hasnt "already passed" :WeSmart:. Also, having consistency with logs doesnt mean anything when the consistency of releasing the game and the ratio between content/time waited isnt there :HideThePain:.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

So, starting with you Sorco. My problem isnt that you had an opinion. Everyone has the right to have their own opinions and they dont need to be the same for everyone. My point was that it was misplaced on the type of post you were making... The post was about "no sugarcoating/sweetening" and IMHO your opinion just reflected a level of sugarcoating. Just because I like an update, doesnt mean its okay for it to be small when you wait for 10+ months. So, to make sure the "small part" gets all the attention, I wont say I liked it. That was my point about you misplacing it.

"WIAB has no support".... And WHOS fault is that? Of course a "2nd place game" will never sustain a developer. Thats why devs 99% of the time do only 1 game at a time and just concentrate every "fan" of HIM/HER (the dev) focused in the same patreon/game.
I tell you what: If Ocean treated WIAB as he treats SG and vice versa for 1 year and a half (with all the priority, approximately a 6 month cycle, constantly putting it in front of SG and SG being in the shit all the time), I guarantee the roles would reverse IMMEDIATELY.

Last part: On my post I made fun of MY OWN standards... I said MY OWN standards were too high. So yours would be adequate, so I have no problem with yours. I just said an opinion about trusting Ocean and somehow you got ofended. Thats on you, since "I have my own opinion about it and I will never hide it".

Onto you Bob. When I read your post you know what I see? I see a post I myself would have done back when Ocean announced the Chapter 1 rework for this game. A post full of hope and full of future thinking with sentences like: "Once WIAB.."; "It/WIAB will...". Except that now Im just on a whole different place with how I think about this game.

First paragraphs: Lets agree to disagree. I can somewhat agree with some of the things, but Im not going to go deep on them because you look at it as a "saga", while Im evaluating it as individual games that could have connections that wouldnt need him to write both at the same time.

Last 2 paragraphs is where I have 2 big problems. First of all, your idea of trust is different from mine. I agree with you that trust is a gift and its risking without experience... IN THE BEGINNING. For example, imagine that I have a girlfriend for 2 years and I trust her with all my life. If i catch her cheating on me (Cause), Im not gonna trust her anymore (Effect). If someone or something doesnt reciprocate that trust/confidence you have on them, trust goes away...

2nd of all, WIAB is harder to write but NOT necessarily because of the things you said... Its harder because SG is easier. In my opinion SG is a glorified college flick. Of course theres a lot more than the normal ones, for example with the Bella storyline and its so much better written than the "normal ones", but you cant compare the 2 stories in difficulty of writing or their ceiling. WIAB has a story so good from what we know from the original, that SG will never come CLOSE. Of course that creates "expectations", but up until now it doesnt seem like Ocean is changing the core story :unsure:.

PS: Some chapters of SG are still being reworked, so SGs rework hasnt "already passed" :WeSmart:. Also, having consistency with logs doesnt mean anything when the consistency of releasing the game and the ratio between content/time waited isnt there :HideThePain:.
Evaluating the games as standalone when the dev expressly writes them as a saga is to view them through a false perspective. Ocean intends a certain overall plot, and it is up to him to be compelling with he reasons for doing it this way. I think it's much better like this than one massive soap opera style in one bloated game with multiple MC's through each generation. At least in installments there is a chance for some some closure.

Personally the story of the original WIAB started as one thing and went different ways. It stumbled through a plot, or that's the way it felt to me. The writing in the rewrite feels much more consistent and thorough on the whole. I can see in the old version where Ocean tried things like non canon side stories to try and match what was flavour of the month with other devs for example. I agree that the potential for WIAB is pretty high, but SG might actually start gaining some depth beyond the college romp.

The thing about trust: reciprocation is important yes. Here I am on a pirate site though. Currently Ocean has no reason to reciprocate, because we're pretty much all the cheating girlfriend. So Ocean's not entirely to blame for the lack of reciprocation then. I haven't actually lost much in life by checking for updates. So, I am still positive, because continued cynicism just wears down devs. I'll buy SG when it's on Steam as that's my way to appreciate what has already been done. I can't expect more, I definitely can't demand. Only someone who is a legitimate patron could complain, but even then, patrons pay for the artist's process and should take time to be clear about what their expectations are.

PS by 'passed' I mean that the story of SG is still being developed beyond the point of the rework. ie while reworking Ch 2, we saw chapter 4 released with brand new content moving forward and soon chapter 5. WIAB has new material, but is still way behind in terms of the plot compared to the original; Willi has basically just arrived, we're no where near the camping trip (if that's on the cards) we're nowhere near the courthouse. So SG in each release has new material that occurs after the rework, expanding the story, while WIAB is still catching up.

Reactions: yossa999 and rj677

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Even if you say you read the thread, it doesn't look like, maybe you read the last 5 pages at the most.You only have to look up what I have said over time.It's a simple search, it doesn't take you more than a minute.Now if you expect me to only write about how bad the development of this game is, you've got the wrong person.

"WIAB has no support".... And WHOS fault is that?
Didn't you read that I said that there are more than enough and fair reasons for it to be so? or saying it that way is softening?

And for the "what if"... yes, we have already done it many times to that exercise, not even in that you are original, also, just look in the thread, it is something that has already been said many times.

If your intention is that all of us here only dedicate ourselves to write how bad Ocean is doing, you are wrong. If your intention is to criticize without lying, go ahead, no one is stopping you. But again, you don't need to say things that are untrue to argue, there are enough facts to do that.

rj677

May 30, 2020
Even if you say you read the thread, it doesn't look like, maybe you read the last 5 pages at the most.You only have to look up what I have said over time.It's a simple search, it doesn't take you more than a minute.Now if you expect me to only write about how bad the development of this game is, you've got the wrong person.

"WIAB has no support".... And WHOS fault is that?
Didn't you read that I said that there are more than enough and fair reasons for it to be so? or saying it that way is softening?

And for the "what if"... yes, we have already done it many times to that exercise, not even in that you are original, also, just look in the thread, it is something that has already been said many times.

If your intention is that all of us here only dedicate ourselves to write how bad Ocean is doing, you are wrong. If your intention is to criticize without lying, go ahead, no one is stopping you. But again, you don't need to say things that are untrue to argue, there are enough facts to do that.
This is exactly the reason why you cant give devs criticism in F95. I criticize the dev, the user was the one who was offended :FacePalm::HideThePain:

My point isnt being original because lets face it... Everything has been said about reasons and what ifs in the last 2 years. You said things, I replied. Simple as that. Or did you want me to find new reasons/excuses for the game to be in the state that it is or new ways to "fix it" when we know for months everything we need to know and do?

Now you saying that Im telling things who are untrue? Hmm... Whats untrue? The fact that Ocean is one off the main people/situations at fault for this game underperforming? (I agree hes not the only reason, nor did I ever say that, but at least one of them has to be him) Or that SG is more popular because it gets way more attention from Ocean?

Attack me all you want, but the problems are still there for everyone to post and see. Like you said, this is just one of those posts because you already did everything. You got offended when I said nothing to warrant that. All I said is that you replied to a post of "no sugarcoating" with some sort of sugarcoating.....................................................................

My intention was to make my points with no sugarcoating like the guy who started this said. Of course theres good things about Ocean and about this game or do you think I would put this amount of effort into posts on a game and dev I thought to be shit? I wish Ocean good luck for both games and for him to do the best he can for BOTH.

Ocean already has enough people kissing his ass, I dont need to be one of them. (Oh no, im preparing for another reply about how I called you an ass kisser even though that wasnt what I meant to say :FacePalm:)

May 28, 2017
This is exactly the reason why you cant give devs criticism in F95. I criticize the dev, the user was the one who was offended :FacePalm::HideThePain:

My point isnt being original because lets face it... Everything has been said about reasons and what ifs in the last 2 years. You said things, I replied. Simple as that. Or did you want me to find new reasons/excuses for the game to be in the state that it is or new ways to "fix it" when we know for months everything we need to know and do?

Now you saying that Im telling things who are untrue? Hmm... Whats untrue? The fact that Ocean is one off the main people/situations at fault for this game underperforming? (I agree hes not the only reason, nor did I ever say that, but at least one of them has to be him) Or that SG is more popular because it gets way more attention from Ocean?

Attack me all you want, but the problems are still there for everyone to post and see. Like you said, this is just one of those posts because you already did everything. You got offended when I said nothing to warrant that. All I said is that you replied to a post of "no sugarcoating" with some sort of sugarcoating.....................................................................

My intention was to make my points with no sugarcoating like the guy who started this said. Of course theres good things about Ocean and about this game or do you think I would put this amount of effort into posts on a game and dev I thought to be shit? I wish Ocean good luck for both games and for him to do the best he can for BOTH.

Ocean already has enough people kissing his ass, I dont need to be one of them. (Oh no, im preparing for another reply about how I called you an ass kisser even though that wasnt what I meant to say :FacePalm:)
F3ojfjvawAACYhj.jpg

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Maybe in your head it sounds different what you write, but your post answering mine was never about criticizing Ocean, it was about criticizing me. If you criticize me and say that I soften things, how is that a criticism of Ocean?
And you started the attack. You attacked me, not Ocean and how long he has been in this project, not how long each development cycle takes, not that he prefers SG because it's more popular, and now you're putting forward the vision of the poor victim who is against the fanboys?

This is the last time I answer you and I will not read what you say from now on. Bye bye.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Unlocked

Hello,

Chapter 3 Status
So, just as last time, the PC is rendering pretty much 20/7 and the queue is down to around 115 renders.
I'd say postwork is sixty percent finished, and yeah.

I mentioned before that I would reveal something after this update... But let me do it now for transparency's sake.
As much shit as I give the A6000 for its lackluster speed that rivals a crawling SG Victoria... It gave me the possibility to do something amazing.
I can work on two scenes simultaneously.
"Okay... Cool... What does this mean?"
It means I found a way to turn all the crappy loading times/Crashes/freezes into something productive... One scene is being saved/loads an asset ----> I work on the other one in a different Daz instance.
I've been doing that for like 2 months and Chapter 3.5 is already 500 renders in. (30% done).

I, of course, can't show any previews of the update that comes after the still-unfinished update... But yeah, I found a way to increase productivity immensely and can now work on two updates at once while I'd normally wait for Daz to finish number 2.

Of course, now that Chapter 3 was the first one to get this double treatment, it suffered from not having any momentum and taking an initial hit.
But from Chapter 3.5 onwards, updates should be coming out faster for WiAB.
The numbers don't lie.
And from now on I will give numbers for two updates.
Chapter 3 = ~1650 renders (98% done)
Chapter 3.5 = 504 renders (30% done)

And yes, we're counting in half-chapters after this one to keep the numbers lower.

Previews:
I didn't want to preview Ni at first but... I already showed her before... Sooo... 4K is attached.

I will get a workstation in the next couple of months, but this also showed me how important multiple PCs are... With every single PC, I can cut down the queue time a lot...
I guess I'll become a PC collector... with an electricity bill that's going to rival my rent.

I'll see you in two weeks.
- Ocean

FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019

Unlocked

Hello,

Chapter 3 Status
So, just as last time, the PC is rendering pretty much 20/7 and the queue is down to around 115 renders.
I'd say postwork is sixty percent finished, and yeah.

I mentioned before that I would reveal something after this update... But let me do it now for transparency's sake.
As much shit as I give the A6000 for its lackluster speed that rivals a crawling SG Victoria... It gave me the possibility to do something amazing.
I can work on two scenes simultaneously.
"Okay... Cool... What does this mean?"
It means I found a way to turn all the crappy loading times/Crashes/freezes into something productive... One scene is being saved/loads an asset ----> I work on the other one in a different Daz instance.
I've been doing that for like 2 months and Chapter 3.5 is already 500 renders in. (30% done).

I, of course, can't show any previews of the update that comes after the still-unfinished update... But yeah, I found a way to increase productivity immensely and can now work on two updates at once while I'd normally wait for Daz to finish number 2.

Of course, now that Chapter 3 was the first one to get this double treatment, it suffered from not having any momentum and taking an initial hit.
But from Chapter 3.5 onwards, updates should be coming out faster for WiAB.
The numbers don't lie.
And from now on I will give numbers for two updates.
Chapter 3 = ~1650 renders (98% done)
Chapter 3.5 = 504 renders (30% done)

And yes, we're counting in half-chapters after this one to keep the numbers lower.

Previews:
I didn't want to preview Ni at first but... I already showed her before... Sooo... 4K is attached.

I will get a workstation in the next couple of months, but this also showed me how important multiple PCs are... With every single PC, I can cut down the queue time a lot...
I guess I'll become a PC collector... with an electricity bill that's going to rival my rent.

I'll see you in two weeks.
- Ocean
So is Ocean planning on releasing chapter 3 or 3.5?

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes