Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I haven't replayed the beginning, but "announcing" and "releasing" a game are two different things. I mean...she still would be like 11 or 12 even if it would've taken them 3 or 4 years between announcing and releasing Eternum.
Agreed also the neural implant cost 2500 US dollars, I don't know how much you can make with side gigs and other works, but she surely needed time to gather all that money to buy it.
Also, there was the chat about minors playing Eternum when Orion, Alex and Nova where looking for Calypso in the Ogygia server, I highly doubt Annie could have start playing that many years before, I suspect she was at least 14/15 at max... I mean it's still early but it would be more reasonable.... :)
Like how FF 7 Remake was announced at 2015 and released at 2020.
I'm just going by with what she said: that she has been doing side-gigs to earn the cash for the implant "as soon as the game was announced" (about a decade prior to the events of the VN as per Orion's infodump). Not released, announced.

So unless it's another oversight on Carib's part (like in the case of Penny's college status prior to the 0.5 fix), then yeah she's been on the grind since she was 8.

Of course it doesn't mean that she's been playing since then. Could be that she got the implant a lot later (say...a few years after). 2500 USD is quite a loooot of moolah, after all.

Reactions: Dylan741

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm just going by with what she said: that she has been doing side-gigs to earn the cash for the implant "as soon as the game was announced" (about a decade prior to the events of the VN as per Orion's infodump). Not released, announced.

So unless it's another oversight on Carib's part (like in the case of Penny's college status prior to the 0.5 fix), then yeah she's been on the grind since she was 8.

Of course it doesn't mean that she's been playing since then. Could be that she got the implant a lot later (say...a few years after). 2500 USD is quite a loooot of moolah, after all.
I was earning an allowance by 8, occasionally babysitting neighbors by 11, mowing lawns and doing other odd jobs around the neighborhood by 12, earned several hundred dollars each fall raking leaves and cutting wood by the time I was 14, and working outside my home as soon as I could drive at 16. Even in the late 70s and early 80s, I'm sure I could have gotten to $2,500 (if I didn't blow it on other things) by the time I was old enough to play the game (or fake credentials that allowed me to before then). A motivated girl like Annie would have had no problem so long as she could find babysitting, petsitting, cleaning and other kinds of things adults are willing to hire a younger girl to do without getting into trouble at the same time.

Apr 26, 2023
I was earning an allowance by 8, occasionally babysitting neighbors by 11, mowing lawns and doing other odd jobs around the neighborhood by 12, earned several hundred dollars each fall raking leaves and cutting wood by the time I was 14, and working outside my home as soon as I could drive at 16. Even in the late 70s and early 80s, I'm sure I could have gotten to $2,500 (if I didn't blow it on other things) by the time I was old enough to play the game (or fake credentials that allowed me to before then). A motivated girl like Annie would have had no problem so long as she could find babysitting, petsitting, cleaning and other kinds of things adults are willing to hire a younger girl to do without getting into trouble at the same time.
Yeah, little kids to jobs like chores and lemonade stands all the time! I think it's cute to be honest, it teaches them responsibility and the value of money. I'm going to give my kids jobs when I have them.

MorallyLucky

Apr 12, 2020
I took a break for a week or so because I had other things going on. I have now reached the end of the heist portion of the story.

There is a lot I've really liked, and some not so much.

The good:

Nova

Annie has some competition here for most adorable character. Nova's super-forward hacker personality and absolute confidence in her abilities contrasted with her shyness when it comes to her romantic desires is irresistible.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Luna

Penny

The photoshoot was great. It's nice to see her bonding so well with the MC. It's also really nice to have her in Eternum.

Nancy

Annie

Alex

Dalia

The MC

Calypso

The Heist

The Story

I am intrigued. The world of Eternum is clearly not what it seems. I could speculate about many things, but for now I'm going along for the ride and not thinking too much about what could really be going on.

I enjoyed all the mini-quests on the Warthogs server. I am not easily scared, so the chapel was fun but not actually scary to me. I was also not scared by the mystery server story, but I liked the story itself. The mystery was a bit simple, given that Luna said she had not been able to solve it while solving many others, but I suspect this is due to the MC's chosen one status. The clue which solved the mystery was waiting for him, and without it, Luna was stuck.

I've probably forgotten so many other good things I wanted to comment on.

-------------------------

The Bad:

Now, bear in mind these are opinions, based on my preferences and impressions. Take them as such. If you feel the need to argue I'm wrong, go ahead. But do so respectfully, please. It should be clear from the above that I think Caribdis is a good writer. But not a perfect one.

Jerry

The Warthogs Server

Chop-Chop

I know he's supposed to be funny, but he's not funny to me. I'd have enjoyed those scenes more if he'd been a serious character. As it is, he's a slightly jarring presence in at least two of his appearances (Ion and The Red Herring) – he doesn't fit the tone.

-------------------------

Glitches/Errors

I didn't spot a lot of errors, and I can't remember them all now (I took screenshots). Most were odd uses of grammar that didn't sound like the way a first language English speaker would talk/write, none of them serious.

There was an odd graphics glitch in the Nova blowjob. During the first animation, a dark spot appears on the side of her lip.
Is Chop-Chop even supposed to be funny? I'm not sure I agree with that, he feels more like a parody of the stereotypical starter city merchant that sells you worthless items. Except in Chop-Chop's case that's not true, he actually offers you (potentially) useful items, so from that perspective he's not a conman and rather an honest seller which makes him grow on you. It even gets to a point where you start to sympathize with his issues such as his son being a disappointment.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Is Chop-Chop even supposed to be funny? I'm not sure I agree with that, he feels more like a parody of the stereotypical starter city merchant that sells you worthless items. Except in Chop-Chop's case that's not true, he actually offers you (potentially) useful items, so from that perspective he's not a conman and rather an honest seller which makes him grow on you. It even gets to a point where you start to sympathize with his issues such as his son being a disappointment.
Wonder if Chop-Chop's son might make an appearance? Maybe he didn't wanted to become a "money-making machine" for his father. In that particular bit, Chop-Chop almost made no attempts in wanting his son to be just that (and he readily took Wendy as his new "apprentice" at Warthogs). Just curiosity. :unsure:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
His only real problem is that he sells things that may grow on you...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah, little kids to jobs like chores and lemonade stands all the time! I think it's cute to be honest, it teaches them responsibility and the value of money. I'm going to give my kids jobs when I have them.
I like to think that she kept that grind mentality even after she got into the game, hence the reason she's able to drop 1500 eternals on Orion as if it was just chump change (lol).

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hogwarts was one of my favorite scenes. And Chop-Chop is one of my favorite characters.

Different tastes I guess.
Hogwarts was a great scene IMO, lots of fun character momments for all of the characters and good comedy. If you think it's cringe, well, this is a campy sweet happy harem Adult AVN it's supposed to be a little over the top and, yes, at times what could be considered by some to be cringe. This is the intended tone for the game.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Chop-chop is a funny character but it gets old fast, 3 appearances in 5 updates is maybe too much for a joke character.
No.
Also this :
And yes, he's supposed to be funny. Don't let people who can't appreciate how hilarious this character is fool you into thinking he's not supposed to be funny. The way he talks and acts is hilarious. I mean he tries to sell three different animals all named Maurice and a bunch of magical sex toys to Orion for goodness sakes. Each Chop-chop's appearance is hilarious AND helpful.

I think his son being a disappointment is just a joke though. But we can still sympathize with him and laugh at the same time. I mean he doesn't seem that much bothered by it so we're good.

There also might be more to him. I mean if every NPC were real people, that would be interesting to learn about the real Chop-Chop before he became a NPC. Or maybe there's something else to learn about him. I'll be fine with him just being a fun seller throughout the entire game but most of us knows what happened with Mike sooo who knows.

Even people who can't appreciate how funny he is can't do anything against how awesome he is.
Sorry, there was just too many people talking shit about Chop-Chop, someone had to say something before you'all start to think he's not an amazing character we need to see more of.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hi could anyone share ?
It was posted like a while back in this thread...

Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

[0.6] - Progress Report

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing great!

It is time for a quick progress update on Eternum's development!

I'm well, and the update is going well! I have more than 500 renders already, and I've already done several things that I can't wait to show you!

As you know, 0.5 was focused on "real life" events, and this time we're going back to Eternum (as in Eternum's world inside the game o_O ). This update will contain a lot of story progression, with several events that will be vital to the development of the plot.

If you want to start the new update without knowing anything, stop reading here!
If you don't mind minor spoilers (I won't reveal anything significant, obviously), keep reading!

It is time for the MC and the girls to roll up their sleeves and get serious in their Gems of Doom search, as they're the key to unraveling all the mystery that surrounds Eternum. In this update, we will visit several servers, such as war zones, the Wild West, or mysterious manors where you'll be in charge of trying to solve an unsolved crime ‍♀

I've been working on this last scene for the past few weeks. It was a bit more challenging and time-consuming than usual because I wanted it to be particularly open-ended and this meant a lot of extra coding work. You'll be able to leave without solving the case or not, getting valuable info or artifacts, or even deciding who lives and who dies :devilish:
It will all depend on how you play your cards!

And of course, I didn't forget about sexy times, nobody panic!
You can expect plenty of moments of intimacy and bonding with your favorite girls. There will be 4 new sex scenes again, all of them fully animated as usual :p:sneaky:

And that's all for now, but stay tuned because I'll post a new set of preview images very soon!

Thank you so much for your constant support guys, you motivate me to keep working on this project with the same passion I had when I started :love:

Remember you can DM me or leave a comment if you need anything from me!
I love you all <3

Caribdis

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Seeing him as a subversion of the usual 'scammy salesman with broken English' is appealing. I like that everything you buy from him is worth buying. Heck, I even paid him full price for the cat (I think this was the one where if you say no he offers half price) because I knew Luna would love it. And I'm certain this is not a game where you have to worry about money. When you need it, you'll have it. That's why when I decided to go with Eva, spending all my remaining Eternals, I got them back.

So I'm willing to give him another chance, only because his appearances so far lead to something with another character that I enjoy (Annie and Luna's reaction to their gifts, Wenlin and the opportunity for naughty sneaky nakedness, Penny admitting she likes to be tied up, which I am hoping plays a part in a later scene between her and Orion).

Chop-chop is a funny character but it gets old fast, 3 appearances in 5 updates is maybe too much for a joke character.

And welcome to Eternum quorkboy.
This resonates with me. I didn't dislike him the first time he turned up. He was vaguely amusing in that 'I can see why some people find this funny' way. But as he kept appearing, I liked him less each time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Don't let people who can't appreciate how hilarious this character is fool you into thinking he's not supposed to be funny.
Can't agree here. This has nothing to do with being unable to appreciate how hilarious he is. I know why he is supposed to be funny. It's a form of humour that doesn't work for me.

I enjoyed the three animals named Maurice and the sex toys. But his overall character is not funny to me. I've seen this character many times. There was a time in my life I'd have found him funny. My sense of humour has changed.

I'm happy that you find him funny. While we disagree, it's nice to see people passionate about a character.

There also might be more to him. I mean if every NPC were real people, that would be interesting to learn about the real Chop-Chop before he became a NPC. Or maybe there's something else to learn about him.
I would like him more if he is something other than a plot convenience which allows Orion to acquire useful things.

Hogwarts was a great scene IMO, lots of fun character moments for all of the characters and good comedy. If you think it's cringe, well, this is a campy sweet happy harem Adult AVN it's supposed to be a little over the top and, yes, at times what could be considered by some to be cringe. This is the intended tone for the game.
I think most everything about it was good – everything to do with the main characters I enjoyed, so all those character moments you mention, yes to those; I liked Wenlin and hope we get to see her again (preferably naked, this time I had her naked as Luna but that's not the same); the comedy in the summoning battle was great, the creepy chapel, Penny and the veritaserum,… a lot to like here. It was the framing of the server I didn't like. I get what you're saying about the tone of the game. I like the tone, and I don't want it to turn into something its not intended to be. But I felt there could have been a better source of inspiration for that server, and to me it didn't fit the tone of the rest of the game.

I think my concept of camp is probably different from yours, because I don't find the tone of Eternum to be camp. It is silly, and sweet, and I love that about it. There is a serious tone to parts of the story, which also works.

But I'm happy to agree to disagree. On balance, this is a top adult VN, one of the best I've found.

Last edited:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Can't agree here. This has nothing to do with being unable to appreciate how hilarious he is. I know why he is supposed to be funny. It's a form of humour that doesn't work for me.

I enjoyed the three animals named Maurice and the sex toys. But his overall character is not funny to me. I've seen this character many times. There was a time in my life I'd have found him funny. My sense of humour has changed.
Sure I get it, I was just answering to MorallyLucky who asked :
Is Chop-Chop even supposed to be funny?
Chop-Chop is supposed to be funny, as much as he's supposed to be helpful.

I've seen this character many time too, but I can appreciate when it's well done as opposed to when it's not (or less) well done. I laugh when it's well done, and I don't when it's not. Everything you can find on Eternum or in any new stories has also been done somewhere else, it's how it's done that counts. And I just think Chop-Chop's character is very well done, both as a fun trope and a plot convenience. But no matter our preferences, and no matter if people can or can't appreciate it, it's clear that he's indeed supposed to be funny as well as helpful.

Zareem

May 20, 2017
View attachment 1388359

Overview:
You’re moving with your best friend to the city of Kredon, home to some of the best schools and universities in the country, to continue your studies. However, in Kredon, there’s only one thing everyone talks about: ETERNUM—the virtual, hyper-reality MMORPG game released a few years ago that revolutionized the world of technology.
With a neural implant that recreates the five senses, it becomes impossible to distinguish between the game and the real world.
Thousands of servers form the network of Eternum: from colorful, magic-filled fantasy worlds to foggy sci-fi cities, no world is beyond reach.
Nevertheless, looking beyond the surface, there's a darker side to this pretty facade: black markets, torture, rape, illegal content trafficking, unlawful assemblies, data theft… Eternum follows the rules of no man.
For some reason, governments turn a blind eye to this; there’s no regulation and no control. Some say it’s because the game is highly addictive, some say it’s because the market moves millions of dollars daily, some say those in power have been bribed, and others say… there’s something else going on.
And you? What’s your role in this story?
Well... That’s up to you now.​

Thread Updated: 2023-02-15
Release Date: 2023-02-14
Developer: Caribdis - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.5 Public
Language: English
Other Games: Once in a Lifetime
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: MEGA - GDRIVE - - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Other:
COMPRESSED* - iOS PORT*

Extras:
Walkthrough - In-Depth Walkthrough* - MultiMod* - Italian Translation* - Turkish Translation* - Fan Sigs - Fan Sigs 2
* This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1388350 View attachment 1388347 View attachment 1610406 View attachment 1388341 View attachment 1794791 View attachment 1388343 View attachment 2392525 View attachment 1388352 View attachment 1388351 View attachment 1388342 View attachment 2392529 View attachment 1610402 View attachment 2392526 View attachment 1388348 View attachment 2392530 View attachment 1388346 View attachment 1388344 View attachment 2392527 View attachment 1388349 View attachment 1610404
Would you add a train scene to Eternum? The one in OIALT was great. Maybe a train scene in the wild west and perhaps a train robbery?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Interesting... When someone requests a 'train' scene, my mind immediately goes to a place probably not envisioned by the poster. :eek:

I doubt we will see that kind of a train scene in this game. :D For any foreign-language poster (or anyone else) that doesn't know what the hell I'm going on about, look up 'pulling a train' on Google.

Completely down with the kind of scene suggested by the above poster, though. (y)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Interesting... When someone requests a 'train' scene, my mind immediately goes to a place probably not envisioned by the poster. :eek:

I doubt we will see that kind of a train scene in this game. :D For any foreign-language poster (or anyone else) that doesn't know what the hell I'm going on about, look up 'pulling a train' on Google.

Completely down with the kind of scene suggested by the above poster, though. (y)
captain-america-reference (1).gif

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021

The harem can pull a train on Orion any day they want to.

Apr 26, 2023
Seeing him as a subversion of the usual 'scammy salesman with broken English' is appealing. I like that everything you buy from him is worth buying. Heck, I even paid him full price for the cat (I think this was the one where if you say no he offers half price) because I knew Luna would love it. And I'm certain this is not a game where you have to worry about money. When you need it, you'll have it. That's why when I decided to go with Eva, spending all my remaining Eternals, I got them back.

So I'm willing to give him another chance, only because his appearances so far lead to something with another character that I enjoy (Annie and Luna's reaction to their gifts, Wenlin and the opportunity for naughty sneaky nakedness, Penny admitting she likes to be tied up, which I am hoping plays a part in a later scene between her and Orion).

This resonates with me. I didn't dislike him the first time he turned up. He was vaguely amusing in that 'I can see why some people find this funny' way. But as he kept appearing, I liked him less each time.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm happy that you find him funny. While we disagree, it's nice to see people passionate about a character.

I would like him more if he is something other than a plot convenience which allows Orion to acquire useful things.

I think most everything about it was good – everything to do with the main characters I enjoyed, so all those character moments you mention, yes to those; I liked Wenlin and hope we get to see her again (preferably naked, this time I had her naked as Luna but that's not the same); the comedy in the summoning battle was great, the creepy chapel, Penny and the veritaserum,… a lot to like here. It was the framing of the server I didn't like. I get what you're saying about the tone of the game. I like the tone, and I don't want it to turn into something its not intended to be. But I felt there could have been a better source of inspiration for that server, and to me it didn't fit the tone of the rest of the game.

I think my concept of camp is probably different from yours, because I don't find the tone of Eternum to be camp. It is silly, and sweet, and I love that about it. There is a serious tone to parts of the story, which also works.

But I'm happy to agree to disagree. On balance, this is a top adult VN, one of the best I've found.
To me my favourite part of the Warthogs scene was the hilarious line "How many maidens are in your harem?" after Calypso shows up in the tournament/fight because than the other characters start repeating "Yeah, How many maidens are in your harem?" it to taunt Orion in a friendly way, it was a moment where the girls kind of secretly knew they were in Orion's harem and joked about it and I thought that was super funny.

4.80 star(s) 911 Votes