Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
Gee its almost like...I'm the same guy in a different form ;)

Yes, they did receive all the criticism the first few updates. But those changes were never going to be instant. Heck as early as the update that added Elaisha, we were told of Pandora being overhauled. That isn't going to occur until 1.0. Drastically changing the game mid-development is a recipe for disaster (See Duke Nukem Forever for an easy example).

Its not that 'nothing has been done' its that its all being done, just not shown yet.

Man I didn't think it'd take this long to find another person that looks at things rationally and not personally.

For the record I didn't give Subverse any rating, but like so many, I didn't quite dig the launch. The 7 month wait for the first major update wasn't great either (though they did explain why, like their lead dev becoming a dad and taking paternity leave, as well as training the staff they hired with the budget they got).

But since then its been a smooth development, 3-4 months per update, with monthly blog posts to keep everyone appraised. I just can't comprehend how people saw this of all things as a scam when I know there are soooooo many games or animators on this website that work barebones and hardly provide anything after years.

And as you've said, there is no other game like this. Wild Life is still chugging along in development (despite it existing since before FOW was removed from Patreon), Something Unlimited has existed since 2016 and isn't done. Miro has foregone continuing his Bloodlust series and is now doing AI image sets which is just....baffling.

But this is the game they want to make a molehill out of.
People like to hate and shit on things, it's just the nature of the internet - I got used to it. It makes it easier to identify who's an idiot and who's actually worth talking to.
Not saying that none of the criticisms are valid, but the amount of people that throw around buzzwords like "scam" or compare it to other failed projects from different autors is staggering. And stupid.
It's kind of scary how this game blew past any and all roadmaps they had early on and is slowly turn into a worse Star Citizen without the same money-making scheme lol.

They should cut their losses and move on, but whatever.
Star Citizen.
Went into development (actively) 2011. Supposedly being released in 2025.

Subverse.
Went into EA on Steam 2021. But let's assume, just for the sake of the argument, that things started a year earlier. So 2020.
We can expect a Full-Release this year or early 2025.

:illuminati:

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
That sounds an awful like dismissing and you actually think dismissing their perception is a good point. Perception is the aim of the game, that is what media is all about. If someone is not enjoying it, saying there perception is wrong is not a valid defence.

The accusation is to drive home a point, either they are paid or it's unhealthy, because when I look at the thread every other reply being the same person, replying to different posters, that does not look good.
You say that like its a difficult thing to notice the big red bell that notifies when people write here.

And I've said it before, but so many of ya'll just say the same things over and over, its quite easy to reply with the same argument :)

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
People like to hate and shit on things, it's just the nature of the internet - I got used to it. It makes it easier to identify who's an idiot and who's actually worth talking to.
Not saying that none of the criticisms are valid, but the amount of people that throw around buzzwords like "scam" or compare it to other failed projects from different autors is staggering. And stupid.

Star Citizen.

Subverse.
Went into EA on Steam 2021. But let's assume, just for the sake of the argument, that things started a year earlier. So 2020.

That's the thing, you can critique something, without treating it like its the worst thing ever. The scam argument is laughable, they never took additional funding and always kept updating the game in a timely manner. What did they get away with by continuing to make the game they were funded for?

Hell I'm pretty sure there's like a clause in KS's rules or something that if you don't deliver something with what you got, you very much get into legal trouble.

Reactions: Lurker

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Subverse-0.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
That sounds an awful like dismissing and you actually think dismissing their perception is a good point. Perception is the aim of the game, that is what media is all about. If someone is not enjoying it, saying there perception is wrong is not a valid defence.

The accusation is to drive home a point, either they are paid or it's unhealthy, because when I look at the thread every other reply being the same person, replying to different posters, that does not look good.
No. You are wrong.
That's precisely the point. You said something, and I believe you that you believe yourself in what you've just said, but you are objectively wrong. Dismissing something and telling something "here are the facts" are two different things.
Of course, if you don't "like" something for whatever reason, that's your prerogative, more power to you. But that doesn't mean things "have" to change for your liking because the thing with subjective opinions is that they differ from individual to individual. In addition to that nobody ever said something about "perception" being wrong in general. Please add the proper context to it because you are just twisting my words at this point. I'm happy to add some details to my statement if it helps you understand it better.

And no, the accustation is not helping a conversation if it proves you doing the thing you are accusing the other side of the conversation of. It makes you seem implausible. If you want to have a serious conversation about that and are actually interested into discussing things you simply don't do that.
So what if there's only one person "defending" his own opinion? I'm aware that people like to circle-jerk but maybe consider that you could actually take something away from an opinion that differs from your own. So you have something to gain, nothing to lose.
How is dismissing that people's opinion of any value? You are not doing yourself a favor; you are not arguing to "win" are you?

Unless, of course, you just want to shit on something because you are bored or want to get some people's reaction for the kick. Not unheard of.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018

Star Citizen.

Subverse.

I'm not make a 1:1 comparison, but a general one. Great lazy slapback though, real good argument there. We also don't expect a full release 2025, you're pulling that out of your arse. They've refused to say anything because they've already miserably missed every deadline and roadmap they've thrown out. That's what my Star Citizen bit was. They had a well-structured plan, the game flopped hard and people cheesed them for it, they drastically rehashed the road map, missed every and all deadlines, stopped doing roadmaps, and just said it's done when it's done.

But hey, you also seem to forget that the Early Access date was originally the release date, or close to it, I don't remember, but they changed their minds nearly last minute and squealed as they hid behind the EA like many other kickstarter failures. Some of you stan too fanatically and I'll never understand why.

Reactions: Redboi8

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
Hello everybody
A small question - Does anyone know when this game will be completed?

Thanks in advance

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I mean that's kinda why they threw the roadmap out? Like I don't know if you noticed, but the end of 2019...a lot of things didn't make their projected release dates. Other video games...hundreds of films...like it wasn't just Subverse that didn't make its expected dates xD
Yeah but they were never planning on early access, that was decided last minute and it caused a LOT of ruckus with backers. It was obvious that there was simply no way they had anywhere near what they were supposed to have done and then chapter 1 released to already unhappy backers and boy oh boy was it garbage on multiple levels, so they got even more backlash.

Subverse is now one of the examples of why people hiss at Kickstarter games and it's became something of a meme that Kickstarter basically signals failures despite some extraordinary exceptions.

Subverse's peak launch playercount was decent for a pron game, but tanked and never really recovered and still hasn't. The iron is dead cold and a lot of people have made up their mind about the game, and frankly they really haven't changed all that much, a lot of he core issues are either slightly less terrible or still there.

It's a disappointment considering the degree of funding (showing insane initial interest that is now all but dead) and the skilled talent behind it. It's not like we want the game to flop--I'm a backer and liked their previous work--but I'm also not delusional. It's sad we don't even have a decent idea of when it'll release, just more guesses, and based on where things are going, not sure all that many people will care and each time I check in I slowly care less too.

Slightly also miffed because it was garnering quite a bit of attention during a time where pron games were more taboo and not nearly as normalized as in the east. Ended up not mattering since a lot of other big projects sprang up that are doing waaaaaaay better than Subverse ever will even incomplete, but it everyone just nodded and laughed and said yeah, that's how it goes, what a waste of 2 million dollars on a dumb idea.

Reactions: Redboi8

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
I'm not make a 1:1 comparison, but a general one. Great lazy slapback though, real good argument there. We also don't expect a full release 2025, you're pulling that out of your arse. They've refused to say anything because they've already miserably missed every deadline and roadmap they've thrown out. That's what my Star Citizen bit was. They had a well-structured plan, the game flopped hard and people cheesed them for it, they drastically rehashed the road map, missed every and all deadlines, stopped doing roadmaps, and just said it's done when it's done.

But hey, you also seem to forget that the Early Access date was originally the release date, or close to it, I don't remember, but they changed their minds nearly last minute and squealed as they hid behind the EA like many other kickstarter failures. Some of you stan too fanatically and I'll never understand why.
Actually the dates in the campaign were there as placeholders. Basically you couldn't launch the campaign without filling in something there. This unfortunately gave some people the impression they'd be seeing a product by the summer (Which is nuts considering they didn't get the money til a month after the campaign ended, so the idea of a 30+ hour game being delivered in 2 months was just ludicrous)

They didn't hide behind it. Though its release strategy did change a few times during the first year. Initially it was going to be like most of the games on this site, updating frequently with small amounts of content. But they were advised by the game devs they hired that it wasn't a viable option, specially for early access and no additional funding being an option.

Then they elected to just work on the game beginning to end, no early access. This ticked many people off, as some wanted to play as soon as possible. This led to another change which is the one we ended up with, the game would launch in early access, but not updating weekly as originally planned, but in larger updates over several months each.

Wamuu

Feb 26, 2019
I don't mind that the updates is more story and gameplay. I just want my kinks catered too eventually. Either in the finished product or future content/DLC

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Yeah but they were never planning on early access, that was decided last minute and it caused a LOT of ruckus with backers. It was obvious that there was simply no way they had anywhere near what they were supposed to have done and then chapter 1 released to already unhappy backers and boy oh boy was it garbage on multiple levels, so they got even more backlash.

You guys are too generous. Subverse is now one of the examples of why people now hiss at Kickstarter games and it's became something of a meme that they basically signal failures despite some extraordinary exceptions.
I just replied to you, but to repeat, yes early access was the plan initially.

Also people hiss at Kickstarter games because of things like Mighty No.9 and Star Citizen, things that either didn't deliver, or still haven't delivered yet.

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Hello everybody

Thanks in advance
Well we're at 0.9 now. The game updates every 3-4 months. So at this point its a question of whether or not FOW-chan warrants her own update (0.95) or if they just add her along with everything else at 1.0.

So it'll either be a June-July or an October-November window, depending on what we hear next.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Hello everybody

Thanks in advance
People are guessing anywhere from end of this year to sometime next year, but we simply don't know. There's actually a lot of work to be done supposedly; they want to rework a ton of mechanics and early parts of the game and still of course have to finish the main story, laughably pointless and watery as it is.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
As a backer all I can say that this game gave strong scam vibes so I charged back back people didn't believe me back then. It's funny to see how their "greatest adult experience in video games" is still not finished and so strongly criticized here and on Steam. Now where is my favorite defender V.V. who will tell me how wrong everyone is and how this is the best game ever made.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
I just replied to you, but to repeat, yes early access was the plan initially.

Also people hiss at Kickstarter games because of things like Mighty No.9 and Star Citizen, things that either didn't deliver, or still haven't delivered yet.
You obviously weren't a backer or on their discord lmao. And I agree with you about Kickstarter, but it's hella curious you're excluding Subverse from that list considering all the vile it got from said backers plus all the missed roadmaps. For many people, this will never be the game they promised nor hoped for, just like Might No. 9 and all the rest that DID eventually release but flopped anyway like Subverse already has.

Funnily enough, Star Citizen might eventually deliver on all its promises but it will never ever be worth the cost or time it took, those devs** are pure bandits and the people funding them are idiots.

edit: meant Star Citizen devs

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017

Oh, I was just trying to point out that the gap between these two projects is huge, for obvious reasons, that comparing these two is just, well.. You probably know your intention better then I do but it seemed like pure ill will.
So, by all definitions, even if Subverse only managed to get it's release done by 2026. Or even 2027, they'd still do far, far better than Star Citizen.

In your defense however, I haven't followed SC a lot, especially after it didn't got anywhere after 4 or 5 years and it just became a meme (gotta love those 200 bucks ingame coffee machine which later got removed from you, because the ship you bought it for doesn't exist anymore). So I won't pretend to know how catastrophic SC it's roadmap and development plan is or was.
But I can confidently say that Subverse hasn't experienced as much disaster.
Have all things gone according to plan? Did everything went smoothly?
Hell no. But that's life, especially if there's some 'once-in-a-lifetime'-pandemic suddenly knocking on your door and changes how people have to live and work. At this point you have to admit that people maybe should adjust their expectations a tiny bit instead of holding to their grudges because their wishful thinking didn't meet their quota.
Not saying that I, personally, agree with allll of their decisions but then again, I have only limited insight in how things look behind their scenes, so maybe things would make more sense with more information. Who knows.
Point is: Your comparison was a wild one.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Does anyone know when this game will be completed?
Somebody wrote this earlier
Subverse.
My guess? Q2 of 2025 at the latest... or probably stayed in perpetual development hell. Honestly, I have no clue. It has been a good while since I visited this thread and played the game :D

Most projects I've seen often (or at least knew) fell into the slower development progress as time passed. Their update schedule is somewhat similar to Claire's Quest's update window.

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
As a backer all I can say that this game gave strong scam vibes so I charged back back people didn't believe me back then. It's funny to see how their "greatest adult experience in video games" is still not finished and so strongly criticized here and on Steam. Now where is my favorite defender V.V. who will tell me how wrong everyone is and how this is the best game ever made.
Oh look there's one of those people that got miffed when the early access changed and never forgave them for it. Nice to see you again.

You obviously weren't a backer or on their discord lmao. And I agree with you about Kickstarter, but it's hella curious you're excluding Subverse from that list considering all the vile it got from said backers plus all the missed roadmaps. For many people, this will never be the game they promised nor hoped for, just like Might No. 9 and all the rest that DID eventually release but flopped anyway like Subverse already has.

Funnily enough, Star Citizen might eventually deliver on all its promises but it will never ever be worth the cost or time it took, those games are pure bandits and the people funding them are idiots.
Wrong on both counts. Backed the project, and been on the discord since it existed the day they got kicked off Patreon.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 141841.png

Also Subverse hit no.2 on sales when EA launched, so flop is nowhere near the term you'd describe it as. And it'll likely get eyes again when it exists early access and is treated as a new release by Steam.

Mr. Weeaboo

Jan 21, 2023
Somebody wrote this earlier

My guess? Q2 of 2025 at the latest... or probably stayed in perpetual development hell. Honestly, I have no clue. It has been a good while since I visited this thread and played the game :D

Most projects I've seen often (or at least knew) fell into the slower development progress as time passed. Their update schedule is somewhat similar to Claire's Quest's update window.
Nah they're finishing this year m8. They've more or less have said this needs to happen this year.

As for other developers slowing down, I feel like that comes down to them increasing the scale of their projects, but not account for the extra work that goes into it. Many of these devs are small, often doing all the roles of what would be a game team by themselves. They've got a level of leeway for that, but at the same time, there are devs out there pulling in thousands monthly, but don't see fit to hire others to properly develop the game, and coast on minuscule updates.

Reactions: CourierNPC
2.90 star(s) 247 Votes