Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
wow is back so long time i dont see any new about this game xD
you are probably unaware then but this update came out in February it's just the steam update nothing new storywise unless you count codex / lore entries. But it's a good thing cause it means S2 is in full swing full time for Hope

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
"Graphic quality" is an often heard complaint in other (non adult) games as well, often for some technical aspects which don't even affect the feel, and apparently none of the professional critics noticed, so I am not too surprised to find it here, too.

That being said (a) the graphics are fine, and (b) at least to me the graphics are supporting the story, not the main aspect of it, so as long as they work and transport what should be transported, I couldn't care less (within limits of course. Doesn't need to be Oblivion level or suchlike).
This is one of the downsides to a very long dev cycle though.

A game can start of as class leading in various aspects; graphics, story, gameplay etc. But when it actually gets to a full release its peers have overtaken it in some or many aspects.

This game had outstanding renders at the start of its development and its something that even Summers gone will face if it continues its drawn out cycle.
Games with more stylized rather than cutting edge graphics are more immune to this.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Only person who can properly answer that is Hopes, but if you ask me I don't think it was his intention to exclude that event on purpose.

Full Experience is the whole package, which includes everything.
Just Story & VN modes are modes with certain features from Full Experiences mode removed like gameplay etc.
My guess is, given that Shiobhan event is still more in terms of gameplay-like section (with Contracts screen etc), it may have been something inadvertently removed along with non-essential contracts text stuff.

Luckily I noticed its removal and pointed out the whole importance of continuity with the latter Cogwheel event and that Ombra mission, which he agreed.
And the rest is history, with that event making it into both Just Story & VN modes. :WeSmart:
Well i just finished the VN mode... as for sticking up for important scenes...

Could you put a good word in to Hopes for the Wilfred scene after Gracies "Failed" mission. :ROFLMAO: The MC had a good conversation with Wilfred about what he did wrong but instead it skips it and goes right to Luna telling the MC that Gracie thinks the MC "hates her".

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well i just finished the VN mode... as for sticking up for important scenes...

Could you put a good word in to Hopes for the Wilfred scene after Gracies "Failed" mission. :ROFLMAO: The MC had a good conversation with Wilfred about what he did wrong but instead it skips it and goes right to Luna telling the MC that Gracie thinks the MC "hates her".
Are you referring to this scene here (I have a habit of making really frequent saves for my games, so renpy folder is pretty fat lol)?
It's from the save I made with the Full Experience mode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huh, I must have missed it cause I speedran the playtest with ctrl fast skip (even with that, Eiza one was really noticeable, guess this one isn't unless one takes time reading :HideThePain: )

I'll ask Hopes and see what he says.

Reactions: Tokenugget

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Are you referring to this scene here (I have a habit of making really frequent saves for my games, so renpy folder is pretty fat lol)?
It's from the save I made with the Full Experience mode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huh, I must have missed it cause I speedran the playtest with ctrl fast skip (even with that, Eiza one was really noticeable, guess this one isn't unless one takes time reading :HideThePain: )

I'll ask Hopes and see what he says.
Exactly, that's the one. Seemed like an important story element that should be included... Wilfred gives a good analysis to the situation and explains how the MC should've reacted and then tells him about Gracies current disposition, then Luna enters.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Im just playing it for the first time (in vn mode) and the avn is amazing!

Luna, Gracie and even Cordia all are awesome.

Im in the warehouse right now, and its so ridicoulus awesome and funny, really liked to see Luna, Antonio and the Capos in action and than ..

This sequence just killed me :LOL::LOL::LOL: Joey4promotion!

screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Tokenugget

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is one of the downsides to a very long dev cycle though.

A game can start of as class leading in various aspects; graphics, story, gameplay etc. But when it actually gets to a full release its peers have overtaken it in some or many aspects.

This game had outstanding renders at the start of its development and its something that even Summers gone will face if it continues its drawn out cycle.
Games with more stylized rather than cutting edge graphics are more immune to this.
Honest question: do you really see that much of a difference to other, newer, games here on F95 though? Because I really don't. You can argue about who's got the better models, the better scenes and stuff, but from a technical point I fail to see where it all breaks apart. Could you name a game that's really better, not by taste in setting or characters themselves but from a technical point of view?

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
Honest question: do you really see that much of a difference to other, newer, games here on F95 though? Because I really don't. You can argue about who's got the better models, the better scenes and stuff, but from a technical point I fail to see where it all breaks apart. Could you name a game that's really better, not by taste in setting or characters themselves but from a technical point of view?
I agree with you this game holds up very well to most newer games still. There is not that much difference as you say.

I am currently playing Summers Gone, maybe why its on my mind. I would say it does have better renders. It has plenty of weaknesses, this game has it beat for story for example.

When I first played Deluca years ago it wowed me graphically. It has been a while since I played Deluca, as Im waiting for more content, maybe my with a replay I will change my mind.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Really glad I get to play this in VN mode now, been waiting for a longtime to read the story without the sandbox element (played a while ago after a tip from a friend and enjoyed the story but the sandbox ruined it so gave up). Also finally able to play a game with a mafia story that is more believable after playing a certain other game that is a piss poor excuse for the theme. My Sunday is going to be a good day.

Moon Blaster

Oct 3, 2023
BEWARE, qualified fraud, there is not the slightest change in 3 years
there are changes dude , its been slow on updates , but 3 years ago didn't had that much main story, side story and characters story , there are missions that weren't there before. This update tho is for steam release so the only thing new is VN mode , but the previous update did contain events and story.
The updates are slow yes and short also yes , but saying there hasn't been any update for 3 years is not true

kenzikenzi

Sep 30, 2017
Updated it for 0.09

- Game Version : 0.09.0
- Mod Version : 0.09.0b

Features:

Unlocked Gallery
• Money Cheat
• Skill Cheat
• Love Cheat
• Rename Mc

ps: not mine you can all thank BrandyYT for the original, i just updated it

edit: no need for update replay gallery still the same
edit2: when some1 uploads steam version will take a look if gallery needs updating
piz update ur mod

Reactions: Ara-sH

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I just came across this VN and have to realize that the story has potential. In some places it is too long-winded for me and in some places too superficial -> but my impression is a good VN.

But what is clear to me is that with the cliffhanger the developer is at a crossroads. The cliffhanger leaves us emotional and, in my opinion, is very well done.

The fact is and it is an ancient physical law:

AN ACTION IS ALWAYS FOLLOWED BY A REACTION!!!

The dev now has to prove whether this VN is a good, very good or even a top VN. A lot depends on

a) what does the reaction look like?
b) and this is the most important thing, HOW IS IT PACKED!!!

S2 will prove it to us!

Reactions: Dessolos

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Updated it for 0.09

- Game Version : 0.09.0
- Mod Version : 0.09.0b

Features:

Unlocked Gallery
• Money Cheat
• Skill Cheat
• Love Cheat
• Rename Mc

ps: not mine you can all thank BrandyYT for the original, i just updated it

edit: no need for update replay gallery still the same
edit2: when some1 uploads steam version will take a look if gallery needs updating
Does this work with the latest version?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
But what is clear to me is that with the cliffhanger the developer is at a crossroads. The cliffhanger leaves us emotional and, in my opinion, is very well done.
The cliffhanger is the reason why I won't replay this even tho I bought it on steam Day 1. As I need to see what happens next as well I just dont want to think about it until the first release of S2 is out. Because the first time I played this I could not stop thinking about it for like 1-2 weeks at least after the cliffhanger. To me it's a top tier cliffhanger as it makes me feel sadder than Luna's backstory and that was darker and sad as hell yet I felt more for the cliffhanger.

4.40 star(s) 491 Votes