PerfectAwful

Oct 1, 2022
Good concept with good visual and interactive execution.

The plot is a little weak, as is the MC. Here's why:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pia looks like someone with a lot of mileage, all veiny and rough, or like she just dropped out of a vat. She's pretty unappealing and I don't care for her as a character, so I skipped through the scenes with her, including the sex. YMMV.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Pia looks like someone with a lot of mileage, all veiny and rough, or like she just dropped out of a vat. She's pretty unappealing and I don't care for her as a character, so I skipped through the scenes with her, including the sex. YMMV.
I agree that I don't find her all that appealing (and her physical look plus her personality we see in the flashbacks makes it hard to really relate to the MC pining over missing her). But I just sort of assume the weird look is probably something like "future fashion". Like she's probably the height of beauty and style on the dying Earth of the future.

Plus her more dominant personality and the MC's apparent daddy issues probably justify to some degree why he's so passively reacting to things that other people would be much more proactive about.

I assume on some level he's still got "Maybe there's still a chance I can get back into stasis somehow" floating around in the back of his brain, so he's not ready to become full-on suicide bomber yet.

PerfectAwful

Oct 1, 2022
The story is certainly not lost as long as what there is now isn't the limit of the depth. The current antagonists need to be a part of something bigger - inter-corporate sabotage or something like that.

And yeah MC needs to find his balls. Simping is a trope at this point.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I was just browsing the site and randomly came across this thread and saw this tag

unfortunately it was in the planned not in the current so thats why I havn't see this thread befor..
btw I will not try it now because I understand from ur commands that u must finish the act 1 untill that the tag will be existing in current tags becuse it will be diffrenet story
I will wait to play it and hope its will be a good game
also I hope there will be more than "friend" i mean "landlady" always wilcome :BootyTime:
FYI many members will watch this game after edting the tags because most of them searching by tags :WeSmart: u know what i mean;)..
Good luck Marvellous Lunatic
The game is on Patreon so he can't advertise the family content too hard.

However, there is a "taboo" name setting in the Character Config section of the settings:
1665749478438.png

Unfortunately right now this setting currently only changes the names of the characters (and how they refer to each other). Internally, there are parts of the script that have alternative text for "taboo" mode but it is not enabled for display.
I believe MarvellousLunatic is planning to add the required additional code to switch on these hidden dialogue sections, but it's not at the front of his dev priority yet. Perhaps that will change as the story progresses and the other members of his "cryo pod room" are awakened.

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Howdy;

developer: I think it is better to change story a bit, don't show current events of other character to player immediately; I neither know nor talk with her anymore. Additionally, there is only one choice (peek or not) exist thus far; I think you should add more... actually... crap-load of -meaningful- decisions to the game. I'm afraid age of oldskull VNs are dying and modern players want to be part of story and MC with decisions. These are my personal opinions and observation though, you don't need to follow or offend by it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: PussyDelendaEst

Mikelvonstr181

Jun 10, 2019
View attachment 1152292

Overview:
It is 2048. Life on Earth for humankind continues on a downward spiral. The people live in dangerous, cramped megacities as the environment degrades around them. Backed by government forces, the giant Hawkink Tech corporation has completed the first colony ships and launched them towards distant habitable planets.

MC is a bright young software engineer who has chosen to risk his life as a colonist in order to escape the dying earth and follow his dream of building a new society. But something goes wrong, and he wakes from cryo-sleep too early, finding himself alone on the giant empty ship as it hurtles through the void.

Soon he learns he is not the only one awake when he meets another person, a beautiful young woman with flaming red hair. She is angry and damaged from already spending many months awake and alone. Can they work together to find a way out of their trap? Or is there more to the situation it first appears...

Thread Updated: 2022-08-04
Release Date: 2022-08-04
Developer: Marvellous Lunatic -
Censored: No
Version: 0.5.5
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win64: - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Linux: - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD

Android: - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD

Extra: French translation (0.5.5)* - Russian translation (0.5.4)* - Italian translation (0.5.4)* - Spanish translation (0.5.4)* - Signatures - Android installation instructions - Fan Sig

*This unofficial port/version/ translation is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1344048 View attachment 1713583 View attachment 1344050 View attachment 1344051 View attachment 1344052 View attachment 1344055 View attachment 1344056 View attachment 1344059 View attachment 1344060 View attachment 1344062 View attachment 1344063 View attachment 1510589 View attachment 1510590 View attachment 1510591 View attachment 1510592 View attachment 1510601 View attachment 1713587 View attachment 1713588
There seems to be a problem on the android version it doesn't start for me if anyone has a solution

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Greetings,

sorry for the late response but I was on vacation the majority of October.

Marvellous Lunatic Hello there Mr Dev, how did the sauna finally turn out? ;)
Not finished yet. Did a 4h stream before I went on vacation but there is still a bit left to do.

Good concept with good visual and interactive execution.

The plot is a little weak, as is the MC. Here's why:

I agree that I don't find her all that appealing (and her physical look plus her personality we see in the flashbacks makes it hard to really relate to the MC pining over missing her). But I just sort of assume the weird look is probably something like "future fashion". Like she's probably the height of beauty and style on the dying Earth of the future.

Plus her more dominant personality and the MC's apparent daddy issues probably justify to some degree why he's so passively reacting to things that other people would be much more proactive about.

I assume on some level he's still got "Maybe there's still a chance I can get back into stasis somehow" floating around in the back of his brain, so he's not ready to become full-on suicide bomber yet.

I wanted to set a scenario where it isn't simple to determine what is wrong or what is right. Not for the MC and not for Selene. Both have dilemmas to deal with. Both have to think about the consequences other people will have to face over their very own decisions. Both aren't selfish and think about the consequences for others.

I was just browsing the site and randomly came across this thread and saw this tag

unfortunately it was in the planned not in the current so thats why I havn't see this thread befor..
btw I will not try it now because I understand from ur comments that u must finish the act 1 untill that the tag will be existing in current tags becuse it will be diffrenet story
I will wait to play it and hope its will be a good game
also I hope there will be more than "friend" i mean "landlady" always wilcome :BootyTime:
FYI many members will watch this game after edting the tags because most of them searching by tags :WeSmart: u know what i mean;)..
Good luck Marvellous Lunatic
I will add the tag once it get's really relevant. Otherwise people will complain about it as 'bait'. And once I add it, the people explicitly looking for this tag will already have a good amount of content and introduction I guess.

The game is on Patreon so he can't advertise the family content too hard.

However, there is a "taboo" name setting in the Character Config section of the settings:
View attachment 2100282

Unfortunately right now this setting currently only changes the names of the characters (and how they refer to each other). Internally, there are parts of the script that have alternative text for "taboo" mode but it is not enabled for display.
I believe MarvellousLunatic is planning to add the required additional code to switch on these hidden dialogue sections, but it's not at the front of his dev priority yet. Perhaps that will change as the story progresses and the other members of his "cryo pod room" are awakened.
Either I didn't understand it correctly or the explanation isn't quite right. You already can choose the taboo dialogue in the language setting as well. So there is the language selection "English" and "English (Taboo)". At the moment you have to choose the corresponding language and character config to have the correct taboo or non-taboo experience. Currently the default settings should be 'taboo' on first start.
It's not really user-friendly to have to set it in two places (even if there are notificiations in-game about these settings). I will think about a way to make it more intuitive.

Howdy;

developer: I think it is better to change story a bit, don't show current events of other character to player immediately; I neither know nor talk with her anymore. Additionally, there is only one choice (peek or not) exist thus far; I think you should add more... actually... crap-load of -meaningful- decisions to the game. I'm afraid age of oldskull VNs are dying and modern players want to be part of story and MC with decisions. These are my personal opinions and observation though, you don't need to follow or offend by it. Good luck.
I'm not offended at all. It's just that I don't want to do a lot of branching for multiple reasons. This project is a hobby of mine and is set to be to my liking and not a community project (no offense) and I honestly like linear stories better. I'm only working on this project in my free time so I don't want to stretch development with branching. At a later point you will have the choice to 'date' certain characters or not. At least that's the plan for now. But there probably won't be any real major story decisions.

There seems to be a problem on the android version it doesn't start for me if anyone has a solution
Did you follow the instructions in this post? https://f95zone.to/threads/a-long-journey-v0-5-5-marvellous-lunatic.80170/post-8614635
On which Android version are you?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Greetings,

sorry for the late response but I was on vacation the majority of October.

Not finished yet. Did a 4h stream before I went on vacation but there is still a bit left to do.

I wanted to set a scenario where it isn't simple to determine what is wrong or what is right. Not for the MC and not for Selene. Both have dilemmas to deal with. Both have to think about the consequences other people will have to face over their very own decisions. Both aren't selfish and think about the consequences for others.

I will add the tag once it get's really relevant. Otherwise people will complain about it as 'bait'. And once I add it, the people explicitly looking for this tag will already have a good amount of content and introduction I guess.

Either I didn't understand it correctly or the explanation isn't quite right. You already can choose the taboo dialogue in the language setting as well. So there is the language selection "English" and "English (Taboo)". At the moment you have to choose the corresponding language and character config to have the correct taboo or non-taboo experience. Currently the default settings should be 'taboo' on first start.
It's not really user-friendly to have to set it in two places (even if there are notifications in-game about these settings). I will think about a way to make it more intuitive.

I'm not offended at all. It's just that I don't want to do a lot of branching for multiple reasons. This project is a hobby of mine and is set to be to my liking and not a community project (no offense) and I honestly like linear stories better. I'm only working on this project in my free time so I don't want to stretch development with branching. At a later point you will have the choice to 'date' certain characters or not. At least that's the plan for now. But there probably won't be any real major story decisions.

Did you follow the instructions in this post? https://f95zone.to/threads/a-long-journey-v0-5-5-marvellous-lunatic.80170/post-8614635
On which Android version are you?
Thanks Marvellous. ;)(y)

I don't often play games/AVN's rendered in the Unity engine. I generally prefer Ren'Py titles however a friend in forum recommended A Long Journey as well worth the play time so I'm giving it a fair go. Thus far I am rather impressed! I find myself starving for more content here so whenever you have some more of this fascinating title ready to view, I'm your huckleberry.:devilish:(y) Don't worry about what anyone else says, you keep making the AVN you want and I'm sure we will enjoy it. Games with too many choices and those created as "community content" generally suck ass. So, stick to your plan and tell us the story that YOU want to tell us. Choices of which LI to pursue and being able to avoid certain kinks is always appreciated. I'm just not a fan of games that want me to make a choice every few minutes. I played one recently that had eight different ending and a "bonus" ending for a total of nine. I gave up on it after finding seven of nine on my own. There was another that is rather popular that has like ten different LI and the MC has to choose which one to pursue. That is just too much IMHO. If you have THAT many LI then make it a harem. But, old Phat is just rambling now... Like I said, just create the story that YOU want to tell us, Marvellous. That seems to be what you are doing so far and I am really enjoying it. Hope to see another installation by Christmas or at least before the new year. But, no hurries, no worries. Just keep on keeping on the way you have and you'll have a fine AVN.;)(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I played this today for the first time so a couple of thoughts.

I really like the story so far. Yeah, sort of a knock-off premise from passengers at the first glance, but there some added twists and uniqueness that make it probably a better story than the inspiration for it. The characters, writing and renders are decent. What I didn't like is the free-roam. It doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever just adds unnecessary complication to the game and probably the development process. I don't particularly like sandbox games, and this one is not really one of them yet, so if the dev intends to keep this feature, I hope it won't get any more tedious than what we currently have. I honestly think he could get rid of it and we wouldn't loose anything significant. Mini-games are meh, not my cup of tea but these are not terribly complicated... still, many people are not a fan of them, and usually they are just there to waste time. They are not in any way entertaining. At least add a skip button. Lastly, I wouldn't mind some choices in the game. Or if the dev has a set-in-stone vision for the story, a kinetic-novel tag should be added.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I played this today for the first time so a couple of thoughts.

I really like the story so far. Yeah, sort of a knock-off premise from passengers at the first glance, but there some added twists and uniqueness that make it probably a better story than the inspiration for it. The characters, writing and renders are decent. What I didn't like is the free-roam. It doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever just adds unnecessary complication to the game and probably the development process. I don't particularly like sandbox games, and this one is not really one of them yet, so if the dev intends to keep this feature, I hope it won't get any more tedious than what we currently have. I honestly think he could get rid of it and we wouldn't loose anything significant. Mini-games are meh, not my cup of tea but these are not terribly complicated... still, many people are not a fan of them, and usually they are just there to waste time. They are not in any way entertaining. At least add a skip button. Lastly, I wouldn't mind some choices in the game. Or if the dev has a set-in-stone vision for the story, a kinetic-novel tag should be added.
I agree with the free-roam part.

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
Is there a way to bypass the annoying ass mini games? The constant clicking to move back and forth from place to place is bad enough.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is there a way to bypass the annoying ass mini games? The constant clicking to move back and forth from place to place is bad enough.
I'm not a fan of mini games either, friend, but no way to skip them at present. At least these mini games are related to the content happening on screen in the story, i.e. dj console game for the dj content, pc matching game for the hacking content, etc. I seldom play games or AVN's with mini games unless the player has the option to skip them or cheat. But, the games within Long Journey are at least related to the content shown and not exceptionally difficult. I recently played a game that has puzzles in the middle of intimate scenes! I pitched a fit as did many other players. Fortunately, the dev saw reason in the ranting and immediately introduced a story mode option and I had to relent and profusely apologize for my vehement rant. Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I am still hoping that Marvellous Lunatic will relent and insert a skip function into the puzzles here for those of us that would rather not play them but I've gotten used to these now and didn't really feel the need to rant. At least this dev has the sense not to insert puzzles into the intimate scenes! That was ridiculous!

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
I'm not a fan of mini games either, friend, but no way to skip them at present. At least these mini games are related to the content happening on screen in the story, i.e. dj console game for the dj content, pc matching game for the hacking content, etc. I seldom play games or AVN's with mini games unless the player has the option to skip them or cheat. But, the games within Long Journey are at least related to the content shown and not exceptionally difficult. I recently played a game that has puzzles in the middle of intimate scenes! I pitched a fit as did many other players. Fortunately, the dev saw reason in the ranting and immediately introduced a story mode option and I had to relent and profusely apologize for my vehement rant. Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I am still hoping that Marvellous Lunatic will relent and insert a skip function into the puzzles here for those of us that would rather not play them but I've gotten used to these now and didn't really feel the need to rant. At least this dev has the sense not to insert puzzles into the intimate scenes! That was ridiculous!

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

I have already deleted the story. I got tired of the mechanics and the mini games. The dev needs to make up his/her mind what they want the story to be. Is is a kinetic novel or is it a sandbox game. Right now it isn't doing either one very well at all. I may come back to it at some point but for now it is a big bust for me. Nowhere near worthy of it's praise.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
what with the weird looking skin in the screenshots??
If you're talking about the girl with the prominent veins in her skin, that is not really explained in the game. There's no "aliens" or weirdness like that. So i can guess either it is a fashion choice by that character (weird future fashions) or the dev just likes engorged vein-y titties. I believe the dev is using a render engine other than Daz3d, so another possibilite is that it is an unintentional side effect of the skin shader / post processing.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
If you're talking about the girl with the prominent veins in her skin, that is not really explained in the game. There's no "aliens" or weirdness like that. So i can guess either it is a fashion choice by that character (weird future fashions) or the dev just likes engorged vein-y titties. I believe the dev is using a render engine other than Daz3d, so another possibilite is that it is an unintentional side effect of the skin shader / post processing.
Dev has explained before that it's a makeup style, not a biological issue with her veins.

3.90 star(s) 47 Votes