Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Considering the discussions going on, we need a fitting soundtrack and this one is quite fitting
"Skweeze me, pleeze me";)

Reactions: JohnGoose

tamagochi

Nov 26, 2017
This game would be perfect if the boy took his mother and trained her, it is known that he watches his mother's movies and at the beginning of the game we are given the option to encourage her to go out with someone or not, for me a good game should always lead incest and i'm waiting for that step in this game

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Edwins development as a child teenager was undoubtedly damaged by her lifestyle (ugh, that sounds harsh) and his findings, and it permeates his character to this day.
You assert that the MC's life must have been damaged by Victoria's actions and thus it will be a major point point when he's forced to reconcile his mental image of her with reality. But you have no actual evidence of the alleged harm to the MC.
Remark: bolding done by me.
This caught me a bit off guard, because i thought it was more than obvious. Since this post is already huge i can't answer that right now, it deserves to be examined on its own. Sorry.
So here we go.
My purported damage to Edwin which was -by my allegation at least partially- caused by Victorias shortcomings in her motherhood, will require me to touch upon this complex too, but i plan to expand on that in another post (probably my interpretation of her 3rd video), so this will be likely not exhaustive.

For now let's concentrate on that "damage". Leaving beside those troubling incidents involving either arson, embezzlement or taking creep shots, which on their own are doings of a child, who was somehow thrown off its 'normal' path, i'd like to talk especially about this following incident, which -in my opinion- would be underexplained by a fallback on Edwin's status as an half-orphan.

The Dylan Twins incident
CarTalk0001.jpg CarTalk0002.jpg CarTalk0003.jpg CarTalk0004.jpg transitionkillian01.jpg
Apparently the 13 to 16 year old twins tried to bully Killian after school (again), as luck would have it, this time his 11 to 13 year old friend Edwin was around, who, without much prelude, took the matter into his own hands by smashing (not throwing) a rock into one of the perpetrators face. Which led to a bleeding injury and the twin's mother informed their mutual school.

Yes, we may cheer Edwin on for his honourable defence of his childhood friend and the upbeat music in this scene suggests it was a good thing to do, but i believe there are some serious issues omitted by Ian in his fond memory. Which issues? This will become clearer after my first spoiler.

Not every (half-)orphan acts like this; i personally know someone who lost her mother to cancer around the same age as Edwin lost his father, and she is the cutest, kindest little button you can imagine, although understandably sometimes sad, she shows no signs of irrational anger and aggression. But, like always, anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all, at best a clue, and different people behave different in the same circumstances. Edwin's fathers death may still serve as a viable explanation.

As there was also a barely veiled reproval towards a possible bias regarding these issues of his damage and her lacking motherhood, i'd like to preface my findings with some personal disclosures, which you may -depending on your point of view- find interesting, hilarious, disturbing or even disgusting.
Working on this topic i remembered them and -in hindsight- i think of them as rather amusing and -in the grand scheme of things- harmless. Perceptions may vary, though.

One last remark before this: my personal view on Victoria is a quite favourable one, i think she is one of, if not the most likeable character(s) in PaleCarnation. My statement done in my tier list still holds true. However, a more objective view must not ignore her possible aberrations or misconducts.

If you're not interested in going down the memory lane with me you can safely skip the next spoiler.
Well, lets go.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So in case you read my spoiler it should be clear, that i take a bit an 'oldschool' stance on the use of physical force applied between fighting boys as far it's reasonable and 'justified' and in this case -in my opinion- getting physical was definitely justified, but not proportionate at all. "We" would have deemed Edwin as "crazy" back then.
Even my parents, which may have been even more lenient towards the use of 'violence', would absolutely have opposed this 'show of force'. Like they did with my broken nose.
I am, on a fundamental level, sympathetic with Edwin, he has -in my opinion- some leeway in getting physical, but took an approach which would be, friendly said, 'unusual' for a 'normal' kid.

Yet, again, my personal and familial views don't matter, so let's look, like promised, on the real issues of this incident:

Let's remember, this is a attempt to 'simply' bully Ian, they are not planning to kill him.
They weren't looking for a fight per se, because bullies pick their victims for cheap laughs on their expense plus the gain of social standing among their peers. It's about to quickly assert dominance and polish their ego without risking much.
Despicable, that's true, but there isn't much more to it.
Like i already alluded to in my spoiler, most "normal" quarrels between boys or teenagers, which lead into a physical confrontation go through a few steps of escalation, and during each step is one party usually allowed to take the L and suffer the consequences of defeat, which are -again- "normally" painful and humiliating, but not followed by irreversible or life-threatening injuries.
Those steps would be:
  1. throwing insults and threats
  2. pushing and shoving
  3. wrestling and punching and kicking
  4. until one side has to flee or to tap out and admit defeat, usually after they are incapable to fight back further
  5. in rare or more serious incidents there may be the threat of showing weapons like knives or -in case of the USA- guns or other objects which could be weaponized, and this often leads into one side backing down or away
  6. in very rare or even more serious cases: the actual use of those weapons.
You may want to skip one of this steps, but going from zero to ballistic is not normal.

Kids don't stab each other with knives or shoot themselves with guns or crack their skulls open with rocks, that's not normal, and if it happens, something went seriously wrong with those kids.
Edwin by this definition is not normal, he is a disturbed kid with issues and some people may call that 'damaged'.
If you consider this as "normal" you should ask yourself in which hell you are living. And if there urgently needs to be done something about it.

Now you may ask: "Hey, who cares for your feeble, outdated views on how real males have to fight nowadays?"
Well, that's simple. The jurisdiction of the state Edwin is living in: Maryland, USA.

Edwin's action would fall under "Aggravated Battery with a deadly Weapon" or "Assault with a deadly Weapon", because
  • hitting someones head
  • with a rock,
  • causing a bleeding injury,
  • risking permanent damage to teeth, eyes or brain,
  • without any warning and
  • without being in imminent danger,
prettily ticks all the boxes.
Source:

This would be an easy case for any prosecutor and a hard one for the defending lawyer, although a good (expensive) one probably could have kept Edwin out of juvenile prison.
Victorias financial situation doesn't look like she is able to pay an expensive lawyer, though.

His age didn't matter, because:
Source:

And last but not least (this took me a while to find)
Source:

Now, as far as we know Edwin wasn't subjected to the Juvenile Justice System for this, which raises the question how the matter was stopped in its tracks, when it was brought up to the school officials attention.
If i read above 13A.08.01.15 correct, they aren't required, but more like strongly encouraged to involve law enforcement? There seems to be some leeway?

Either way, Victoria had very likely to pull some strings to prevent that from happening, and this raises the further question what instruments she had at her disposal to do it.
  • Cashing in some favours with the school officials? I doubt it.
  • Handing out some cash to bribe them? No way.
  • Successfully convincing the involved parties this was a pure act of self-defense against bullying?
    While i could see that happened, in this case the officials would have to report the bullies instead, which, given her son's injuries, the opposite mother perhaps would have a hard time to accept. And in turn probably brought the case again to a juvenile court.
  • Begging for forgiveness to let it slide? Not entirely impossible, but probably hard to pull off.
  • "Convincing" those officials and the father of those twins in another way? hmmm...
  • Seeking help from someone who may have been present at that school and was already well-aquainted with Edwin and herself? hmmmm...
Since all of this is speculative i'll leave the exact proceedings to your imagination.

This incident, by the way, already casts the first shadow on Victoria's motherhood.
We may like it or not, it may be unfair or not, but parents are held responsible for the misbehaviour of their children; by law as well as by society.
Victoria could have been fined with up to 10.000$ for Edwins action to restitute potential medical bills, and they tend to be huge in the USA.
Juvenile deliquency is often judged to be the outcome of bad parenting.
So furthermore Victoria could actually loose the right of her child's custody, if this went to juvenile court.
Double that if, like i believe, one his three other potential incidents already happened before this one, because those went official.
So Edwin would be a repeated offender.
Source:

Ever wondered why Edwin cleaned up his act in highschool?
I believe Victoria made it unmistakeably clear to Edwin, if there is another mishap, she will loose him for good to the Juvenile Justice System of Maryland. And he wasn't ready to take this risk.

We may be so jaded by the constant and over-the-top violence in movies and and news, that we glance over this fact in that scene, but Edwin has a serious issue in this situation.
Legally and mentally. The legal aspect was discussed above, let's look at that mental side and how Victoria could have been involved in that.
(to be continued in another post)
part 1 of 2

Ace9029

Mar 6, 2021

View attachment 1871421

Overview:
In Pale Carnations, step into the shoes of a tightly wound pre-med student pulled head first into a world of debauchery thanks to the influence of a waning childhood friend. As the newest employee at the Carnation Club, navigate your part in a series of cruel erotic games and sexual encounters. Will you give into your sadistic urges and be enticed by the club's wealth and hedonism? Or perhaps at the end of it all, a flower of romance will bud, pushing you to leave the brothel’s sordid business behind.

Features a variety of intersecting storylines that sees you guide the performance of three women desperately competing for the brothel’s grand prize, uncover backroom dealings steeped in intrigue, and maneuver the day-to-day social life of a man ill at ease with his basest impulses.
Thread Updated: 2022-10-18
Release Date: 2022-10-16
Developer: Mutt & Jeff -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 4 Update 1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -
Others: COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Extras: WALKTHROUGH (up to Ch.3Up2) - WALKTHROUGH (Ch.3Up3 Only) - CHEAT MOD - Walkthrough Mod - Walkthrough - FAN SIG - FAN SIG 2 - FAN SIG 3

The Chad WEG Enjoyer thanks for the link
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 903017 View attachment 1560259 View attachment 1560260 View attachment 1560261 View attachment 1560262 View attachment 1560263 View attachment 1560264 View attachment 1560265 View attachment 1560267 View attachment 1560268 View attachment 1560269 View attachment 1560272 View attachment 1560273 View attachment 1560274 View attachment 1560275 View attachment 1560277 View attachment 1560278 View attachment 1560279
Given that this is 6gb, before downloading is this only chapter 4 or 1-4 in the download?

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes