4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018

Hello,

So, I started putting the first renders into the game and began testing.
The current numbers are:
Chapter 3: 1650 ->) 1680
Chapter 3x5: ( 505 ->) 560

Most of my time is currently spent on the phone for Summer's Gone.
As mentioned before, WiAB will get the Phone with Chapter 3x5 too.

And as always, there isn't much to say during the release weeks. It's always kind of a drag and mentally exhausting. (Especially with both games releasing less than a month from each other.)

Previews:
Some rare previews this time... (4K attached.)

View attachment 2961279
View attachment 2961282
I slowed a little down with the work capacity.
In the past, release weeks really left me mentally exhausted & destroyed, but this time I'll not go crazy and rather focus on a consistent and healthy output.

SG is going to be released before WiAB, but as soon as the inital burst of potential bug fixes for SG is over, I'll release WiAB asap.
I just don't want to be bombarded with major bug fixes for two games at once.

- Ocean

€: Sorco what black magic is that, you old F5 spammer? :p
is there a reason why the dev is releasing 2 games at the same time?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
That's it!
there are so many bill buttlickers here, I am making a new thread where you can just shitpost about taking so much time for so little content.
and first rule is no licking allowed.
That is all fair... I prefer to release my frustration eating chocolate, but you do whatever it's good for you, as long as you are not bothering other people with your complaints.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I sincerely believe that Dev has to focus on a project and, if possible, have more people helping production progress satisfactorily.
The current popular financial model for the developers of these games does not incentivize quick development.
My suggestion: Wait for the game to be finished, see if the reviews are good, if they are - pay for it. There's plenty of other things to entertain us out there, there's no reason to be sitting around waiting on these devs and paying them for games that aren't finished.

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
Let's count together. You remember that he works on two games at the same time, right?

From SG Dev Log #12 (7 Sep):

WIAB Dev Log #19 (yesterday):

So, 2100 (SG) + 1680 (WIAB) = 3780 static renders of Ocean's quality per year. I don't know the exact number of animations and their length, and I'm too lazy to look through the logs and summarize them, but some cinematics were also mentioned in the development logs. So, this is the amount of content planned for release in SG and WIAB ~3800 static renders. And I repeat - Ocean level renders. I don't know of many games that deliver comparable amount of static renders per year at comparable level of artistry and photorealism.
Ocean's quality is very good. But let's not pretend he is the only one able to reach that level. Off the top of my head I can say that Dokiden with its Dreamland release is clearly superior. Then there is BecomeARockstar, LSS, Interwined, Race of Life, Chasing Sunsets, Helping the Hotties, Unbroken, etc. from where one could debate some are better, other similar in terms of renders.
I am not going to start counting renders, but given the amount of time it takes to go thru each game Id say most devs producing quality renders are doing better than Ocean. Of course Ocean stupid remakes to change boob size and shit play against him. But that's on him.

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
What sets Ocean apart isn't so much the amount/quality of renders, but the cinematic aspects of them. The zoom out hair flips, the slow motion zooms, the wind in her hair, all accompanied by atmospheric music. It provides a more visually appealing journey and deeper investment in the characters/story.

Oceans biggest drawback is his perfectionist nature, causing him to constantly want to polish everything to the Nth degree and not being happy with previous work.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Ocean's quality is very good. But let's not pretend he is the only one able to reach that level. Off the top of my head I can say that Dokiden with its Dreamland release is clearly superior. Then there is BecomeARockstar, LSS, Interwined, Race of Life, Chasing Sunsets, Helping the Hotties, Unbroken, etc. from where one could debate some are better, other similar in terms of renders.
I am not going to start counting renders, but given the amount of time it takes to go thru each game Id say most devs producing quality renders are doing better than Ocean. Of course Ocean stupid remakes to change boob size and shit play against him. But that's on him.
Damn, man, you're really putting me in a tough spot. I just got out of a ban for violating the fourth rule for on-topic threads in another game thread. I don't want to be banned here too.

Let's just say I follow most of the games you mentioned, love most of them, and can only point out two that come close to Ocean's games in terms of graphics quality and artistic level. And only one of those close enough as a whole package of graphics, plot, music, characters, relationship building and other game aspects.

And yeah, most of them are bigger than the new WIAB, and that's the problem.
sorco2003 already gave me a hard time for that :ROFLMAO: I view both games as one unit, I follow both and appreciate updates to each equally. But many of you here are not interested in SG and do not share this view of both games. So my post about the number of renders and development time is valid for the whole Ocean's work, but not for the WIAB alone. And yeah, from WIAB's perspective, its development is too slow for the amount of content he delivers.

So yes, let's not pretend. At the current pace, WIAB itself is a very slow updated game, which is frustrating. I can only hope that with the release of SG on Steam, some new possibilities will appear. Perhaps funds can be found to hire someone to work full-time on WIAB or something like that. I wouldn't want him to give up any of his games.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Shoutout to Unbroken, but realistically speaking no one comes close to Philly (CoBD) and Ocean at this moment, those two are still a few levels above. It would be easy to compare each of mentioned games to these two devs, but those debates will be deleted almost immediately as off-topic.

Sep 18, 2022
None of the games you mentioned are on par with the render quality of SG/WIAB.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
None of the games you mentioned are on par with the render quality of SG/WIAB.
I'd say Dreamland is quite on par with Ocean's work (render quality wise) but wouldn't really say they are doing better than Ocean with amount of renders they put out. I think it takes like 30 minutes to play the content available, and don't even get me started with the writing.

And well my signature speaks for itself :WeSmart:

Sep 18, 2022
I'd say Dreamland is quite on par with Ocean's work (render quality wise) but wouldn't really say they are doing better than Ocean with amount of renders they put out. I think it takes like 30 minutes to play the content available, and don't even get me started with the writing.

And well my signature speaks for itself :WeSmart:
I'll have to play through Dreamland, but based on the preview renders, I disagree.

Unbroken/ROL are great stories, and have some above average character renders but the environments are empty and lifeless, and the lighting can be quite mediocre at times.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Unbroken/ROL are great stories, and have some above average character renders but the environments are empty and lifeless, and the lighting can be quite mediocre at times.
Good point, those are just something that comes close to Ocean in my opinion, maybe RoL a bit more..
I'll have to play through Dreamland, but based on the preview renders, I disagree.
Honestly wouldn't even recommend it meself

But yeah this is getting too off-topic. I need update and see Daphne :BootyTime:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Off the top of my head I can say that Dokiden with its Dreamland release is clearly superior. Then there is BecomeARockstar, LSS, Interwined, Race of Life, Chasing Sunsets, Helping the Hotties, Unbroken, etc. from where one could debate some are better, other similar in terms of renders.
I haven't played a couple of those, so of those I cannot talk about.

But there is absolutely no way you can convince anyone with eyes that Become a Rockstar, Long Story Short, Chasing Sunsets have better renders than Ocean's. I am not talking as a fanpire (vampire version of fan boy). It is that obvious at clear view.

You can complain about Ocean's speed. This is very valid! I have myself mentioned in several post how I would prefer Ocean would stop on the quality race and start investing effort and computing power on speed, given that quality has already reached more than a dimishing rate of return.

But no, none of the games you mentioned that I have played has this level of visual quality. Period.

Last edited:

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
I haven't played a couple of those, so of those I cannot talk about.

But there is absolutely no way you can convince anyone with eyes that Become a Rockstar, Long Story Short, Chasing Sunsets have better renders than Ocean's. I am not talking as a fanpire (vampire version of fan boy). It is that obvious at clear view.

You can complain about Ocean's speed. This is very valid! I have myself mentioned in several post how I would prefer Ocean would stop on the quality race and start investing effort and computing power on speed, given that quality has already reached more than a dimishing rate of return.

But no, none of the games you mentioned that I have played has this level of visual quality. Period.
To me, Oceans Vns are among the best in terms of visual quality, but they are not the most visually appealing. There is more to visual quality than high res models and high textures, which are the 2 things Ocean excels at. Some others are better with their lighting, color palette, art-style, backgrounds, etc. But I am not going to try to convince anybody. You like what you like.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes