yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
This talk about WIAB influence on SG makes me remember the fan proposals for a direct sequel to Fallout: New Vegas. It always came to a big problem. Which ending would be canon? Which game state the characters and the world would be in? Fans got around it by pushing hard into the future, even 100 years after the game, just to create distance and not invalidate any play through. This solved the problem, but it opened another a whole can of worms.

Since WIAB is still in development and is planned to be quite long, I don't expect to see much of it in SG. Any link will be so shrouded in mystery and insinuations that it could be considered eldritch lore. Just to not anchor into reality a canon play though of WIAB.

Maybe other games in this universe will not suffer this same fate if they are set way behind or way ahead, but only Ocean knows. Only they have the complete picture.
Yes, it's hard to say without seeing the whole picture. Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but hypothetically, it seems possible to allow a player to "shape the past", perhaps through the MC's memories or dialogue with other characters about the past.

For example:
Nami: “Guess who I saw today!", she shows me a photo on her smartphone. "This is William Zane, one of the biggest sponsors of our college, he held a press conference there today, this year they are going to increase the funding of our sports teams, as well as organize several annual contests between rival colleges here in ZPR."
MC: "Wait, I think I remember him from somewhere." Nami takes back her smartphone, examines the photo carefully, her smile slowly fading away.
MC: "The day... It was their funeral, right?", she nods.
Nami: "I remember how he came up to us, said something to Noji, then hugged us both.", she frowns harder.
MC: "Yeah, it was weird. How did he ever know about us? Noji never told me about him."
Nami shrugs. "She didn't tell me either."

... And here comes the choice:
MC: "There was that woman with him. Tall brunette, green eyes, pale skin, straight posture, a snake bracelet on her wrist."
Nami: "How can you even remember, especially details like this?"

... or
MC: "And I remember that petite Asian girl next to him. She could barely hide her tears."
Nami: "Now that you've said it, I remember her too."

I mean, a player could have made many different decisions in WIAB, but I think most of them are local in the context of the larger story involving WIAB and SG together. And my guess is there are only a few decisions, the outcome of which can affect the SG story, so why not to let the player input this outcomes manually. Those who have never played WIAB will randomly choose according to their liking, others can choose according to their WIAB playthrough. Although this will add a new dimension to the branching, not only the present, but also the past.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
Yes, it's hard to say without seeing the whole picture. Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but hypothetically, it seems possible to allow a player to "shape the past", perhaps through the MC's memories or dialogue with other characters about the past.

For example:
Nami: “Guess who I saw today!", she shows me a photo on her smartphone. "This is William Zane, one of the biggest sponsors of our college, he held a press conference there today, this year they are going to increase the funding of our sports teams, as well as organize several annual contests between rival colleges here in ZPR."
MC: "Wait, I think I remember him from somewhere." Nami takes back her smartphone, examines the photo carefully, her smile slowly fading away.
Nami: "I remember how he came up to us, said something to Noji, then hugged us both.", she frowns harder.
MC: "Yeah, it was weird. How did he ever know about us? Noji never told me about him."

MC: "There was that woman with him. Tall brunette, green eyes, pale skin, straight posture, a snake bracelet on her wrist."

... or
MC: "And I remember that petite Asian girl next to him. She could barely hide her tears."

I mean, a player could have made many different decisions in WIAB, but I think most of them are local in the context of the larger story involving WIAB and SG together. And my guess is there are only a few decisions, the outcome of which can affect the SG story, so why not to let the player input this outcomes manually. Those who have never played WIAB will randomly choose according to their liking, others can choose according to their WIAB playthrough. Although this will add a new dimension to the branching, not only the present, but also the past.

Yeah, but I do like the cloak & dagger about WIAB role in SG. I would even say that the mystery itself is William and his actions. The lack of answers, the riddles and the just out of focus detail makes a compelling presence in the narrative. The uncertainty creates a foundation which Ocean can build atop. Heavens, they go around talking about uncertainty created a safe place for the Zanes before the events of WIAB started to roll.
In short words, I argue that intended ambiguity is a safer and better way to maintain SG a separate game from WIAB while keeping the high bar of AVN quality. And it would even provide a good seasoning for the SG's drama, because it is fun to theorize, like what we are doing right now, and it would make things easier to develop for Ocean.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

For example:

... or

Interesting take on and idea, but in this case you would need a larger selection of choices. Especially since this is "simply" some background shaping. Here is my variant of it. What do you think about it?:)
(...)
MC: "Yeah, it was weird. How did he ever know about us? Noji never told me about him, at least nothing I remember."

MC: "There was that woman with him. Tall brunette, green eyes, pale skin, straight posture, a snake bracelet on her wrist and wearing a snake necklace."
Nami: "How can you even remember, especially details like this? But I remember her as well, she was the woman who gave me my special earring years later."
MC: "She was it?"
Nami: "Yes, when you and Summer went off without me one day. I did not really register her, I was crying a bit, until she sat down and talked to me. Then she gave me the earring and said that all would become right again one day."

... or
MC: "And I remember that Asian girl next to him, Ayua´s mom. She could barely hide her tears."

And now "the expansion" choices;)
MC: "There were these two women with him. One a tall brunette, green eyes, pale skin, straight posture, a snake bracelet on her wrist and wearing a snake necklace. The other was that sporty Asian girl, must be Ayua´s mom in younger days. She could barely hide the tears."
Nami: You are right, but how can you remember so many details? But I remember the brunette as well, she was the woman who gave me my special earring years later."
MC: "She was it?"
Nami: "Yes, when you and Summer went off without me in the park one day. I did not really register her, I was crying a bit, until she sat down and talked to me. Then she gave me the earring and said that all would become right again one day."

...and
MC: "There was this woman with him. Short blonde, white coloured hair with pinkish highlights. Now that I think about it, she looked like the younger version of the jersey designer who was here for our first competition game."
Nami: "You are right, she really looks like this."

...and
MC: "There was this woman with him. A bit above average height, white and blue coloured hair with a friendly vibe all around her.

...and
MC: "There was this woman with him. Tall, solid one with long reddish-brown hair. From what I´ve heard, she is still a wellknown lawyer here in the city."
Nami: "Now that you've said it, I saw her once coming from the office tract at our college."

And these just cover the most important choices in this case.

fute8848

May 16, 2021
yep, although at this stage we didn't smash anyone XD storywise the mc is not some typical AVN horny dude who wants to smash every women he encountered ,so, i guess we wont be smash our "mom" at all :rolleyes:

fute8848

May 16, 2021
I'm sure you too, for your part, should try to age slower... You can't put everything in Ocean's hands... ;)
:ROFLMAO:
I'm 30 IRL, so, i was just joking about how slow this game developed XD, but apparently, i am already aged much slower than many other races in this world bc I'm Asian :rolleyes::oops:

Reactions: rudy007

fute8848

May 16, 2021
Yeah, the patreon page is gone, the whole nine yards. Too bad. Very mysterious as I guess the dev was ready with another update.
Indeed ,what a shame ,although i doubt AOA will be ever become as successful as Being a Dik ; it does has its own merits and potential :unsure:

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes