Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I've seen enough warnings not to use TAB so I have never attempted it, in fact, I would have never attempted it in the first place because I didn't know it was a thing. ;)

I'll do some more testing within next couple of hours to see if I encounter any mistakes (I have not tested my mod extensively yet, I admit, neither do I actually play the game very much) and then post my mod here within 24 hours, I guess.
Personaly I use Tab all the time for formatting. But I use Notepad++, so before I do I final save for testing I just click Edit/BlankOperations/TabtoSpace. Using Tab lets you format in a way that shows you what may be out of place, find missed Endif's ETC.

v0.0v

Dec 16, 2018
Awesome game. Only suggestion/request I have at this point is a smaller portion of Vancouver as that takes forever to load. Perhaps just the down-town core would be nice.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I had Vancouver for a bit - it took forever to load and that was before this. Not so good that everything looks like a small town, even large cities, AND it takes longer to load. Plus the trees on the road, almost all buildings look like houses, No longer have the shape of the building. I used to recognized by shape/where it was the local mall, despite not being a labelled building. Overall this update was more a downdate. I even tried the new "end_pregnacy" thing and it for some reason went to the known people list when the "p" was typed and froze the game up when pasted in.

hiden

Dec 9, 2019
can someone help me. when i play the screen is cut off on the sides so that i can't see everything. the best i can do is maximise it on windowed mode (like here ). also i can't see the ticks when i want to turn on/off the modules

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
can someone help me. when i play the screen is cut off on the sides so that i can't see everything. the best i can do is maximise it on windowed mode (like here ). also i can't see the ticks when i want to turn on/off the modules
Same here.

I managed to bypass that issue (3:4 monitor) by selecting a resolution of 1280*768 in the desktop menu and launching the game. Once inside, youd be able to see the whole menu thing, so set your choices, then exit the game and restore the resolution back again.

Aug 8, 2017
I learned a bit of c/c++ back in school and got a habit of using tab to organize my code, thinking everybody learned to do that because it's easier than tapping the spacebar 4 times.
Many editors these days let you set an option so that when you hit tab they will insert spaces to get you to the next nth column. In vim it's expandtab, Emacs indent-tabs-mode = nil, and in Notepad++ the Replace by space checkbox buried somewhere in the Language settings.

Reactions: SingleForLife

v0.0v

Dec 16, 2018
A question: Are there going to be more clothing options in the future?

I'm a programmer by trade so have little knowledge about modelling. I think the clothing has to be specific to the Daz3d models as that is where the outfits are located. My assumption is the Daz3d clothing has to be converted to unreal engine and this is likely not easy. Just curious if anyone here has any knowledge about it and if it will be possible in the future to have mod contributed clothing (ie. could we just create it for unreal engine directly?).

Dbcaf

Feb 9, 2020
This post previously contained the V1 version of the mod but I've edited it to V2 version since V1 is now completely obsolete in comparison. If you still have V1 version of the mod, I recommend upgrading to V2. Now V2.1 actually. ;) Link to download the up-to-date version of the mod at the bottom of the post.

Nudity Matters Mod (V2.1)
- Should now be compatible with Better Pregnancy and The New Goodbye mods, granted you place the Nudity Matters Mod lower in the mod order.
- Some minor fixes compared to V2.0

Big thanks to LostLegends for providing the fix!

Nudity Matters Mod (V2)

What's new compared to V1?
- fixes some minor bugs and inaccuracies from V1 scenes
- adds more options to interract with NPCs and more stat effects to V1 scenes
- the game will now recognise not only full nudity, but other inappropriate sets of clothing too! (i.e. topless (mostly for females), bottomless or just underwear in situations where formal dress code is expected)
- added more scenes
- added some scenes specific to universities (previously there were none)
- NPCs will now ask if you're an exhibitionist under some circumstances. If you answer "yes", some special scenes will have a chance to trigger
- features Vima's bedrooms in a couple of scenes

What does the mod do:
When I first played LifePlay, I found it a little immersion-breaking that you could go to a job interview completely naked but NPCs would act as if it was all normal. I wanted to add some realism into the game so I've created a mod that modifies some base game scenes and adds some new scenes so that NPC characters react to you being inappropriately clothed.

Take note:
- The mod includes a possibility for a non-consensual sex scene
- I have little experience with coding and with playing LifePlay so there might be some mistakes (please report to me any you find)
- This mod overwrites some base-game scenes so any other mod that does the same to the same scenes might not be compatible with it.
- It would be a very hard and daunting task to ensure every single scene from the game is modified so you might still encounter scenes in which NPCs will not see anything unusual with your nudity. You can inform me about these scenes- there's a chance I will modify them for any future version of the mod.
- High scene frequency settings are recommended for this mod, otherwise your weird habbit of being naked in public might not catch a lot of attention from NPCs

If you want to help develop the mod:
- Inform me about any mistakes or anything that seems wrong to you with any of the scenes or other issues you think my mod might be causing
- Suggest which other base game scenes should be modified and in which way. If you think I should do it, you can suggest to modify a scene added by another mod as well
- Suggest a new scene: when it should happen, what should happen, what should be your choices etc
- Report any wrong or unnatural English usage in dialogues (I'm not a native speaker)

Thanks to Vinfamy for answering my frequent questions about scene writing on Discord.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you have the V1 version of my mod already installed, I recommend deleting it alltogether before installing this one (the files don't have identical names so it won't automatically replace one another).

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Nudity Matters Module (V1)
Not trying to be nasty here at all, but this overwrites a massive amount of base scenes. none of mine that are published anyway, but it will affect "better pregnancy" and quite a few of my own mods that I havent released, So I cannot use it. I understand where you are coming from, and that there is no better way of doing this. However you could prefix your files, that would let your files and the base ones run, but your files wont be called all the time. Thats the only real suggestion I would have. But this isnt going to be compatible with a lot of stuff soon. Including one I will soon be releasing that controls the amount of npc's in the game. This will force people to choose who's mod they run! In my case this isnt an issue, "my population mod" already is patched for "better pregnancy" and I could probabily do the same for yours, or even let you have details on how to patch it for pregnancy. I will have to consult the author of that mod first though.
Still nice idea and I hope you continue, the more mods the better.
And if you continue and want suggestions for V2 how about naked npc's as well lol.
Added FYI this will also not work properly with "the new goodbye mod"

Last edited:

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Wanted to ask a question, does the polyamorous module take all cheating out the game? or if you sleep with someone with a partner, will that partner still see it as cheating, just not your own partner? I want an open relationship but still want cheating to be a part of the game.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Wanted to ask a question, does the polyamorous module take all cheating out the game? or if you sleep with someone with a partner, will that partner still see it as cheating, just not your own partner? I want an open relationship but still want cheating to be a part of the game.

You can't even have more than 1 bf/gf/spouse unless you get an open relationship with the 1st, in that case nothing is cheating.

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Im wondering if someone can help me with an issue? Unrelated to my previous post.

I installed the mod manager and updated all my mods, and now for some reason the party and nightlife one doesn't seem to be working correctly. In my previous version of it i had more options but i don't get any of the house party options now.

These are the only options i have with end party the only other option.

lp1.png

This is my mod list. It was auto sorted by the mod organizer.

lp2.png

Ive checked to see if i had the old version in my folder but i don't, so maybe i'm just missing something?
or Ive done something incorrect?

Any help is appreciated.

v0.0v

Dec 16, 2018
Im wondering if someone can help me with an issue? Unrelated to my previous post.

I installed the mod manager and updated all my mods, and now for some reason the party and nightlife one doesn't seem to be working correctly. In my previous version of it i had more options but i don't get any of the house party options now.

These are the only options i have with end party the only other option.

This is my mod list. It was auto sorted by the mod organizer.

Ive checked to see if i had the old version in my folder but i don't, so maybe i'm just missing something?
or Ive done something incorrect?

Any help is appreciated.
If it's anything like my problem the Mod Organizer seems to be the reverse order of the game. Eg. If I have the Party and Nightlife mod at the very top of the right-hand list (click and drag to re-order) in the mod organizer then it loads last in game. Having the Base Gameplay Module at the bottom of the list in the mod organizer makes it load at the top in game. Took me a while to figure that out.

Reactions: RevanXe

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
If it's anything like my problem the Mod Organizer seems to be the reverse order of the game. Eg. If I have the Party and Nightlife mod at the very top of the right-hand list (click and drag to re-order) in the mod organizer then it loads last in game. Having the Base Gameplay Module at the bottom of the list in the mod organizer makes it load at the top in game. Took me a while to figure that out.
As v0.0v says, the lower down the mod INGAME the higher priority, So in your mods you have the base game overwriting all mods.

Reactions: srg91 and RevanXe

GelonG

To be, or not to be, that is the question…
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2018
2.18 is a very buggy version. Maybe it's just me, crashes during events, crashes during communication. Strange ... And another question - how to update the map? I’m starting a new game, and in the new game there are shops that you opened in the previous game ...

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
As v0.0v says, the lower down the mod INGAME the higher priority, So in your mods you have the base game overwriting all mods.
Cheers, i noticed that and thought it was odd but thought maybe i was in the wrong, is there a specific order i need to use with the mods i have?

3.30 star(s) 115 Votes