anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Can we now safely assume that we'll have episode 10 with us some time within the next 30 to 60 days or is it still too soon for that? What do you who've been following the game's development for longer think, people?
68 animations in the queue, I don't think he's ever averaged more than 8 animations rendered in a week (plus the fact that even if they're short they are now 60fps so double the renders of previous animations), so looking at around 9 weeks for animations to render at best, then 2 weeks for beta testing. So we could easily be looking at December release based on this update even though it was meant to look optimistic.

always86

Mar 19, 2020

1692360452845.png

This week, I finished work on the lewd scene I had left and also art and writing for the story-related part of the connecting scene. I have also worked on the missing phone content, and I don't have much left in this area. That means I can enter the polishing phase sometime next week.

This week, I have also gotten my final PC upgrade up and running, meaning I'm done with PC upgrades for the time being. Even with 60 fps animations rendering, the render speed is faster than before, and I'm overjoyed.

Here's the updated checklist.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing and proofreading can begin.

Art
All static renders are done. 5725 produced.

All animations have been posed. 269 produced. 68 animations are in the render queue, and some will be merged into single animations. The final animation count hasn't been verified, but it will exceed that of episode 9 (303).

Code
Phone content - Some Rooster and Chat app content remain. The Music app will need to be updated if more songs are added.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end report - The reports are written but need more testing.

Sound
Some SFX work remains; I will get to it when I polish the episode.

26 new songs have been added so far. Some work remains in this area for a few scenes.

Testing
My personal tests and polishing remain.

My thoughts on the checklist
The checklist looks very slim, and the polishing phase can start soon.

As always, the final static render and animation count will change due to polishing, but all the scenes I have planned for have been created.

While animations render, I will play and polish the episode, and I have plenty of work to do with this.

My plan going forward
Next week, I aim to finish the phone content as soon as possible and then start polishing the episode.

I have a chunk of text written for the polishing phase that I want to discuss, but this update is already getting lengthy, and I will save that for next week's update.

It feels great to enter one of the final phases of the episode development. Focusing on playing and improving the episode for the first time in different ways is always exciting. I have a lot of fun work and will get right to it.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Back once again.

Still are done, in all fariness to DPC an impressive total. Not Much to say on that front really.

1696009293683.png

As for the animation. Quicker at 60 FPS than they were on the old cards? Bollocks. The average animations completed by week 41, 6.5 a week. Average animations completed between week 36 and week 41? 6.4 the second PC was being put together on the day of the August 11th, week 34 update. In other words even with the second system live animations stayed the same on average.

1696010415103.png

For a quick reference Episode 9 had 303 animations that were produced at an average of 7.6 a week. In other words he is producing 1 less animation a week with 2 systems running 4090 cards. Perhaps if we're lucky the 3rd system will see upto 9 a week. 269+68=337 at an average of 6.5 that means completion around 8th December (plus beta testing). If he somehow hits 9 that would still be around 24th November ready for two weeks Beta testing.

1696010796224.png

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
I hope we get to fight Caleb for real next ep... maybe Troy will be the one who teaches MC some moves? Judging by the way Dawe talks about not being able to chew for two weeks when he fought him sounds like he has a pretty mean hit
if we do Caleb is going to fuck Tremolo up, otherwise introducing black dude in the gym would be pointless...he is gonna train mc for sure when he realizes that he aint that good against professional fighter

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
if we do Caleb is going to fuck Tremolo up, otherwise introducing black dude in the gym would be pointless...he is gonna train mc for sure when he realizes that he aint that good against professional fighter
Whose a professional fighter? Caleb? No, he's not. He's just a juiced up jock. Plus the dude's slow af. Tremolo could easily fuck his shit up, as long as he doesn't get hit.

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
Whose a professional fighter? Caleb? No, he's not. He's just a juiced up jock. Plus the dude's slow af. Tremolo could easily fuck his shit up, as long as he doesn't get hit.
lol tremolo literally said that he is fast af for his size, chad is also juiced up and he got his face fucked up if you beat him while caleb chin treated tremolo hits like he was a kid and tremolo himself said that he couldnt do shit to him

Reactions: striderblue

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
lol tremolo literally said that he is fast af for his size, chad is also juiced up and he got his face fucked up if you beat him while caleb chin treated tremolo hits like he was a kid and tremolo himself said that he couldnt do shit to him
Wait. You got beat twice? Once by Chad and then Caleb? I beat Chad and stung Caleb's ass. So, yeah, if you got beat, then Tremolo says that.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I've just started a new game and gone through the earlier part of episode 1 to check something. And when I've reached this picture, something felt off to me. Is it just me or did the doc really overdo it with Quinn's head pose here? That looks painful.

View attachment 2966821
Too much concentrated on Cammy's behind and Sage's front.
Did you say something?

• Haha
Reactions: Jumbi

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I hope we get to fight Caleb for real next ep... maybe Troy will be the one who teaches MC some moves? Judging by the way Dawe talks about not being able to chew for two weeks when he fought him sounds like he has a pretty mean hit
no, Troy lost the first fight against tremolo, there's nothing he can teach him.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
no, Troy lost the first fight against tremolo, there's nothing he can teach him.
Exactly. I haven't lost any fights. Even kicked Dawe's and the other jocks asses. Only thing that could hurt Tremolo is if he fights Caleb again and the big mofo lands a hit, it's nighty night.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
caleb is a bigger mountain of muscles than Chad, the only way to beat him is to crush his stamina and then knock him out. I think that's why the new brawler included stamina bar.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
caleb is a bigger mountain of muscles than Chad, the only way to beat him is to crush his stamina and then knock him out. I think that's why the new brawler included stamina bar.
I mean, he could just kick Caleb in the nuts or the head, no amount of muscles is helping you if you get a good hit there.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I personally hated 9. All that bs and no payout. I hope there won't be another like that.
with the mingame to organize parties, that there will be one in the new chapter I would give as a certainty, probably not as intrusive as the last one.

But my point was that aside from the beer pong and party attached, I don't feel like there are any other situations that we're pretty sure we're going to deal with

not even having had the classic twist at the end of the chapter I'm groping completely in the dark for what I'm going to find in the next chapter, which could also be a good thing (given the outcome of most of these twists and turns...). but I really have no elements to say whether or not it's going to be an important chapter

we know it's going to be big, what's new....

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I mean, he could just kick Caleb in the nuts or the head, no amount of muscles is helping you if you get a good hit there.
Hmm... Doubt Caleb has nuts. Roids shrivel the testes and penis. So, that may not work. Also Caleb's jaw is a bad idea. That thing is a rock. So, you're right about the head. Either behind the ear or the temple.

• Haha
Reactions: Raziel_8

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
yeah, caleb is fast for his size. I think one of dawe's rooster posts features caleb hitting a punching bag with a high kick. tremolo does not hit like a child, he hits hard but he lacks technique, once he perfects his technique his punches will be more powerful.

Reactions: bratkoratko

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
Wait. You got beat twice? Once by Chad and then Caleb? I beat Chad and stung Caleb's ass. So, yeah, if you got beat, then Tremolo says that.
Nope, beat them both. The difference is, after beating Chad, we see his face all messed up. But after beating Caleb, MC goes into depression because he landed a perfect hit to knock Caleb out cold, and yet it did nothing. Maybe he ain't a professional, but Caleb for sure trained in martial arts as well. When you combine that with his physical advantage, yeah, Tremolo, whose skills were described as not good enough by the black dude, guarantees that he is getting fucked up by Caleb in their next fight.

Reactions: Truewoods1
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes