Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
first time working with Vivienne's skin (for sage) and OMG what in god's forsaken name is this shit? and how do I get rid of it?
View attachment 2610172
It's where the skin texture wraps around the figure and joins up. If it is taken from a scan it quite often is screwed up at the edges and their very visible. Photoshop (or GIMP if you're cheap like me) will take that out

Not very good, but only took 3 minutes
viviennes_ass.png

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
It's where the skin texture wraps around the figure and joins up. If it is taken from a scan it quite often is screwed up at the edges and their very visible.
see that was my first thought too. "must be where the seam is".
So I unwrapped her, and nope. the seam is lower... this seems to just be a crease made on purpose, in the normal map. to get some ambient occlusion, that only works when the model is standing, and lit a certain way...
And when you think people sell those for money...
viv unwrapped.png
Anyway, Photoshop it is.
thx everyone for you help

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
So I unwrapped her, and nope. the seam is lower... this seems to just be a crease made on purpose, in the normal map. to get some ambient occlusion, that only works when the model is standing, and lit a certain way...
View attachment 2612879
Anyway, Photoshop it is.
Good to know. I've seen so many bad seam transitions that was my first thought. I wonder if it was a scanned texture and the shadow of the buttocks didn't make the transition well. Nice thing about that is, if you fix the main material file it will be good to go from now on (y)

Reactions: dantes0 and TREXrg

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
if you fix the main material file it will be good to go from now on (y)
see, I'm not sure how to go about that part (I'm quite okay in Blender, but still figuring my way around Daz).
I've had a look through the files in my Library, but haven't found any of the maps for the skin materials, or how to directly edit them. I could do this in Blender, but since I like making a basic outfit and a pose in Daz, to then rework them in Blender, it means I would have to edit every map in Blender every time I make a new Sage scene.
So my idea was just to edit it in PS in post production. but if you have any pointers as to where to find the maps to edit them in Daz (so I can do it once and for all) I'll happily take it.
thanks very much for your help thus far anyway bud :)

Reactions: dantes0 and TREXrg

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
Great work man. I've been wanting to do something with that exact pose, but never quite found the right idea!
really like what you've done there.
If I may, I would have lit her upper body a bit more, maybe focusing on her face. Unless your goal was to attract vision to a more central part, if so then great job ;)

and also... 16/9 guys, cmon! How do I steal your art for my wallpaper collection then, huh?

Reactions: dantes0
Jun 30, 2020
View attachment 2612879
Anyway, Photoshop it is.
Lord, that image is disturbing. It looks like something you'd see hanging on the wall at Jeffrey Dahmer's house.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
see, I'm not sure how to go about that part (I'm quite okay in Blender, but still figuring my way around Daz).
I've had a look through the files in my Library, but haven't found any of the maps for the skin materials, or how to directly edit them. I could do this in Blender, but since I like making a basic outfit and a pose in Daz, to then rework them in Blender, it means I would have to edit every map in Blender every time I make a new Sage scene.
So my idea was just to edit it in PS in post production. but if you have any pointers as to where to find the maps to edit them in Daz (so I can do it once and for all) I'll happily take it.
If you click on the figure in the viewport.
Then in the surfaces tab expand the character/surfaces and select torso.
Hovering the mouse over the base color selection box, will give you the path to that texture, clicking on it and selecting browse
usually takes you directly to that folder, but not always.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
open that skin texture file in Photoshop or GIMP and do your editing directly on it, then save it back to the original location. Make a copy of the file first in case you screw up! Every time after that the new skin will should be be the one that loads on new models. I have made "custom" t-shirts etc that same way.

A shirt I made for Sage
Sage01.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
open that skin texture file in Photoshop or GIMP and do your editing directly on it, then save it back to the original location. Make a copy of the file first in case you screw up! Every time after that the new skin will should be be the one that loads on new models. I have made "custom" t-shirts etc that same way.

A shirt I made for Sage
View attachment 2613279
Nice. Yeah, with GIMP, there's a ton of tutorials for using it on Youtube as well for anyone new.

Reactions: HogRocket

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes