Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Yes, but not exactly, I already knew about the local and Global options, but I was wondering how I can change the "Global" settings in one game and then if I place the URM file in another game, it'd be applied there too?

I've tried just changing the settings in the "Global" menu and copying the URM file to another game, but it always resets everything, I've to change the settings to my preferences every time for every game.
Same here "global" setting does not seem to work.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yes, but not exactly, I already knew about the local and Global options, but I was wondering how I can change the "Global" settings in one game and then if I place the URM file in another game, it'd be applied there too?

I've tried just changing the settings in the "Global" menu and copying the URM file to another game, but it always resets everything, I've to change the settings to my preferences every time for every game.
Same here "global" setting does not seem to work.
What OS are you on? I know for a fact that it works for others.
Does it not show the global option selected in other games? Or could it be that in those games you're overruling the global setting with a local one?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
What OS are you on? I know for a fact that it works for others.
Does it not show the global option selected in other games? Or could it be that in those games you're overruling the global setting with a local one?
Window 11, when I first tried it and then copying and pasting it did not work and I just stop doing that and place a new one in.
I still have the one from when I first downloaded it several weeks ago.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
1) in the game Realm Invader https://f95zone.to/threads/realm-invader-ep-1-invader-gary.120317/
dev uses some shenanigans with classes so the choice detection doesn't work.
That's correct. Custom choice screens usually mean choice detection doesn't work. Not really any way around it. I think Cyberheart has the same issue.

2) it would be awesome if the feature could be added to freeze some stats, sure its a niche case but it would be helpful for sandbox games that work with stat-deprecation.
This is already a feature in the latest version of URM. You have to Remember the variable, then in the Variables list, there's a Freeze option.

Edit: Ninja'd. :cry:

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Correct. If you had just searched for "Realm Invader", you would have found this explanation, why URM does not detect the choices in this game.

You mean like this?
View attachment 3368281
That's correct. Custom choice screens usually mean choice detection doesn't work. Not really any way around it. I think Cyberheart has the same issue.

This is already a feature in the latest version of URM. You have to Remember the variable, then in the Variables list, there's a Freeze option.

Edit: Ninja'd. :cry:
Thank you both for your help, to be honest I didn't use the remembered variable tab very much, i mostly re search the variable again if needed.

Reactions: theMickey_ and Tiur

TitanicFali

Mar 6, 2022
View attachment 3198399

Overview:
Easiest installation, open mod by pressing Alt+M (see below for touchscreen devices)

This mod is a great tool to cheat or debug Ren'Py games. See full Features list below for details.

Some features in short:
Find, change, freeze and monitor variables, detect hidden choices, detect paths, rename any character, find/save/replay scenes, watch variables, skip splashscreen, textbox customizing

Updated: 2024-01-13
Game/Creator: Any Ren'Py game using Ren'Py engine 6.99.14 or newer
Modder: 0x52 -
Mod Version: 2.0.3

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Roadmap:

Installation:

Touch devices (e.g. Android):

Change-Log:

After developing Ren'Py mods for almost a year now. I thought is was time to create the mod of all mods.
So here is what I call URM (or Universal Ren'Py Mod). The goal of this mod is to enable anyone (even without any programming knowledge) to be able to quickly and easily mod any Ren'Py game.
Just drop the mod file into your favorite game's "game" directory and start modding!

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate any feedback, so I know I'm not doing this for nothing.
Or maybe consider supporting me or .

WARNING!
You could break your game modifying any variable. Use at your own risk!
Breaking the game depends on the game's programming. You could create set of values the game doesn't expect. Which for example could prevent you to progress in the game or miss certain scenes. I would recommend saving before modifying. So you could always go back if something unexpected happens.

Screenshots:
View attachment 3249878 View attachment 3249876 View attachment 3249875 View attachment 3249872 View attachment 3249874 View attachment 3249870 View attachment 3249877 View attachment 3249871 View attachment 3249873

Download:
or Attachment below​
Where can I find a "game" folder on android?

TitanicFali

Mar 6, 2022
Fan signature
View attachment 3198400

Examples

F.A.Q.

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

URM files
You can put these files in you "game" directory and load them through the mod.
If you have an URM file, feel free to post is here, so I can add it to this list.
Does screen detecring
View attachment 3198399

Overview:
Easiest installation, open mod by pressing Alt+M (see below for touchscreen devices)

This mod is a great tool to cheat or debug Ren'Py games. See full Features list below for details.

Some features in short:
Find, change, freeze and monitor variables, detect hidden choices, detect paths, rename any character, find/save/replay scenes, watch variables, skip splashscreen, textbox customizing

Features:

Roadmap:

Installation:

Change-Log:

After developing Ren'Py mods for almost a year now. I thought is was time to create the mod of all mods.
So here is what I call URM (or Universal Ren'Py Mod). The goal of this mod is to enable anyone (even without any programming knowledge) to be able to quickly and easily mod any Ren'Py game.
Just drop the mod file into your favorite game's "game" directory and start modding!

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate any feedback, so I know I'm not doing this for nothing.

WARNING!
Breaking the game depends on the game's programming. You could create set of values the game doesn't expect. Which for example could prevent you to progress in the game or miss certain scenes. I would recommend saving before modifying. So you could always go back if something unexpected happens.

Screenshots:
View attachment 3249878 View attachment 3249876 View attachment 3249875 View attachment 3249872 View attachment 3249874 View attachment 3249870 View attachment 3249877 View attachment 3249871 View attachment 3249873

Download:
or Attachment below​
Does the motion sensor work on all devices? Cause I added URM to game folder, than opened the game, made a new save (2 for sure), and started to draw U, but it didnt work. It's there a problem wirh srh?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Does screen detecring

Does the motion sensor work on all devices? Cause I added URM to game folder, than opened the game, made a new save (2 for sure), and started to draw U, but it didnt work. It's there a problem wirh srh?
Well... did you read the text before the instructions?
1708371951221.png

When URM is installed it will show a popup when starting/loading a game.

stefano luca

May 6, 2020
View attachment 3198399

Overview:

Some features in short:

Features:

Roadmap:

Installation:

Change-Log:

WARNING!

Screenshots:

Download:
or Attachment below​
While try to use this mod, I got this traceback. What can i do now.

Belzeebub$

Formerly 'Belzeebub'
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
While try to use this mod, I got this traceback. What can i do now.
When you get this exception (just showing it partially here):
return SetDict(sys._getframe(1).f_locals, name, value)
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

This is caused when a developer assigned something to Ren'Py's "sys".
By doing this they broke Ren'Py itself. You can fix this using these instructions
If I am not wrong

Reactions: theMickey_ and 0x52
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes